I had a nice title for this track but forgot it :)

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
Dust Layer
leper
I had a nice title for this track but forgot it :)

Post by Dust Layer »

Hi here is an extract of a track i did for a release on my bandcamp last year, but i never put it online and simply forgot about it.

This one is a basic dancefloor track, i would be interested if some of you have something to say about the composition, the mixdown etc?

Thanks!

private link :
https://soundcloud.com/obsolete-industr ... ct/s-0EDNs

Thies
Pig
Re: I had a nice title for this track but forgot it :)

Post by Thies »

Hmm...

The low-lowmid is a bit muddy to my ears and it lacks variation/movement.. it gets a bit boring after a minute or so. I think you have too much layers at the same time in there but I have the same problem with my stuff at times ^^ Imo it also lacks some depth, has a very flat feeling too it.

One thing you could try is to open the project and mute everything and bring in the elments 1 by 1 until you reach the feeling that you want to achieve.. and then stay with that, automate the shit out of it and then see what it still needs. That helped me recently to get better results. :)

Dust Layer
leper

Post by Dust Layer »

Yes i feel it's over charged too that's why it sounds flat.
Removing something is a good idea but at the same time i'm not sure this kind of track is interesting enough to be worked more haha.

Thanks for your listening!

oscil1label
Mingler

Post by oscil1label »

Jesus this is heavy. I'm loving the sound of it, and was disappointed when it faded out.

One thing I noticed though is that I can't hear any panning (I could be wrong though) Those hi hats could probably do with being off centre I feel.

Dust Layer
leper

Post by Dust Layer »

Thanks man!
I was aiming a simple but stomping track when i made it, in this extract i skipped the intro (basically a kickdrum + elements coming a classic way) and the end because it's repetitive enough i guess but the whole track is maybe 2mn30 longer.

There is no obvious panned sounds yes would be interesting to change this in order to give more depth.

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

Yeah, the high lows and low mids are too busy. There's the meat of your kick, your bass and some of your noise so most of your track sits in the same area.

zukenbauer
You only live once

Post by zukenbauer »

If i knew i was going to listen this banger, i wouldnt make myself a coffee this morning..
MIx sound good to me so i cant say much.. like it alot, well done

Dust Layer
leper

Post by Dust Layer »

dubdub : yes there is definitely something to improve with that mixdown.

zukenbauer : thanks!!