Post by Hades »

just reloaded the previous page : still the same problem unfortunately
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

SFBM
&roid
Re: New members say hello...

Post by SFBM »

M8rc wrote:Hi all,

my name is Marc. From time to time I going thru the threads here some interessting information going on here. Thank you all for sharing your knowledge!

best regards,

Marc
Welcome to the forum, Marc! :)
Who is your favourite techno producer?

Bocaj
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Bocaj »

jordanneke wrote:I am cool and badass.

Like Mr T in on holiday in Finland. .....

You cunt.
I tried to find a picture to put imagery to the idea of Mr T. in Finland...alas I have failed. Being called a cunt never felt so good. Have a good day.

Légume
tense

Post by Légume »

Hi all,

name is Guillaume / Légume. Started to DJ about 3/4 years ago and producing this April.

DJs that I enjoy/study a lot would be:
Kobosil for the energy
Klock for the subtlety/technique
Freddy K for the fun

Tracks I wish I had produced:
Etapp Kyle - Paradigm (for me it's pretty much the perfect track, playing it in every set)
DJ One Finger - Skools Out (Vox Mix)
3KZ - Bounder (Mark Broom Remix)

Cheers,

Légume

Dust Layer
leper

Post by Dust Layer »

Hello to all newcomers.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

bonjour mr légume.

bienvenue

there's no proper French word for cunt, really.

one can try "putain !!", but it's just not the same

Dust Layer
leper

Post by Dust Layer »

Hades wrote:bonjour mr légume.

bienvenue

Cunt = con

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Dust Layer wrote:
Hades wrote:bonjour mr légume.

bienvenue

Cunt = con
yeah, true
better word,
but it still doesn't feel like the same thing.

maybe because subsekt has changed the meaning (=my interpretation) of the word over the years.

Dust Layer
leper

Post by Dust Layer »

Hades wrote: maybe because subsekt has changed the meaning (=my interpretation) of the word over the years.
Maybe "trouduc" suits better to the subsekt version of cunt?

Can you expand your vision of that word here?

Constructs
Exampleless

Post by Constructs »

Hello, I am a newcomer from Oakland CA
I love Berlin style techno and travel there every year just to experience the scene because I like it so much more than here in CA, one day I hope to move there
I produce techno on ableton using all soft synths and some recorded samples, my akai Midimix is my favorite tools because it is so easy to map out and have a lot of control over the sounds :D
I am very interested in methods of production and am always looking to learn more as well as share my own tricks. I've been producing electronic music as a hobby for a few years now, I used to put out a lot of stuff on soundcloud but I took a break to improve my sound and now I think I am getting to the point where I will be comfortable releasing more techno regularly.

I'm really into more noise driven techno like SNTS, Surgeon and Ansome, just caught SNTS live the other day and it as fking insane, sounded like an alien spaceship taking off or like you're inside a sinking submarine, absolutely mental stuff. I caught the Melt! festival and Tresor 25 year festival in berlin this year, have to say my highlight was seeing Marcelus from france play at like 7am in the morning, he come on after surgeon and really brought it big. Bummed to be back in CA where I can't drink in public and people think of skrillex when you say you like techno, oh well. Cheers! I look forward to interacting with all of you more on the forums.

Dust Layer
leper

Post by Dust Layer »

Hello and welcome.
Why can't you drink in public in CA, you mean at parties or what?

Barfunkel
Smalahove

Post by Barfunkel »

Dust Layer wrote:Hello and welcome.
I'm under the impression that you can't drink publicly (as in outside, in bars and clubs you can of course drink) in the US of A. Source: Television and movies, so 100% reliable.

The same source says you can evade the law by putting your bottle in a brown paper bag.

In Finland you can't drink publicly either, except in parks and such. Hasn't stopped me from doing it though and the coppers haven't shot me, at least not yet.
"I don't shower every day, but when I do, I do it after listening to some Barfunkel" - Anonymous

http://soundcloud.com/user4904810
http://www.mixcloud.com/Barfunkel/

Bocaj
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Bocaj »

Barfunkel wrote:
I'm under the impression that you can't drink publicly (as in outside, in bars and clubs you can of course drink) in the US of A. Source: Television and movies, so 100% reliable.

The same source says you can evade the law by putting your bottle in a brown paper bag.
Well it was covered on The Wire, so has to be true.

Dust Layer
leper

Post by Dust Layer »

Barfunkel wrote:

In Finland you can't drink publicly either, except in parks and such. Hasn't stopped me from doing it though and the coppers haven't shot me, at least not yet.
Yes i knew for that bag thing, but i thought he was talking like you can't drink at parties i might be wrong.

Dethrek
Mingler

Post by Dethrek »

Hello lads, Im Riccardo from Rome, 20 y.o. physics student. Discovered techno about 2 years ago and it was like a train hitting me straight in the face, never felt so good.
Im now into raw grimy stuff like Ugandan Methods, Karenn, Blush Response and so on and labels like Repitch, Mord, ARTS etc
Also been getting into production for about a year now, with scarce results. Now im planning to build/buy some hardware cause composing on the computer feels really awkward af.
Guess thats all for now. See you around

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Welcome :)
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Constructs
Exampleless

Post by Constructs »

Dust Layer wrote: Yes i knew for that bag thing, but i thought he was talking like you can't drink at parties i might be wrong.
You can drink inside, last call at bars is 2am and you can't buy alcohol in stores after 2am as well. Drinking in public is illegal, you cannot walk down the street and comfortably drink a beer. Paper bagging it will help conceal it but can still get you some dirty looks and kicked out of a park, this is in the city I am talking about, you definitely cannot drink alcohol in a paper bag in the suburban parts of town.

When I travel to berlin it is so nice because you can drink bier anywhere, usually the clerk opens it at the store for you :) Here you could potentially get a ticket that will show up when you apply for a job and could cause the employer not to hire you, just for drinking a beer while walking somewhere :( The alcohol culture here is strange.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Constructs wrote: You can drink inside, last call at bars is 2am and you can't buy alcohol in stores after 2am as well. Drinking in public is illegal, you cannot walk down the street and comfortably drink a beer. Paper bagging it will help conceal it but can still get you some dirty looks and kicked out of a park, this is in the city I am talking about, you definitely cannot drink alcohol in a paper bag in the suburban parts of town.

When I travel to berlin it is so nice because you can drink bier anywhere, usually the clerk opens it at the store for you :) Here you could potentially get a ticket that will show up when you apply for a job and could cause the employer not to hire you, just for drinking a beer while walking somewhere :( The alcohol culture here is strange.
It's the same type of hypocritical shit in Canada as well.
In Ontario, you can drive a car when you're 16, but you can learn to drink from when you're 19 ??

I once worked 2 summers in tobacco harvest there when I was still a student.
Since there were only 8 Belgium students there in some exchange program working for the sons of Belgian farmers that once emigrated to Canada in the 50's,
a Belgian radio station flew a journalist over to interview 3 of us.
I was born in october, so the 1st year I was there, I was still 18 years (and 11 months) old, and not 19.
In the "Belgian hall" (bar where most Belgian folks go over there), nobody cared about asking my ID,
until I was there for that interview, and there was a young girl working there.
She told me I couldn't drink any beer, but behind her back all these farmers came up to me, apologizing, and saying "ah, just order yourself one of these big things and a few glasses, she won't pay attention".
Yeah, she eventually threw us all into the "non-19 part", which was where there was no pooltable, no music, and basically no one there except for us.
Fucking hilarious, as if I was 14 or something.
And the best part : she was 9 months younger than me, the bitch.
Because Ontario laws say you can be 18 to serve alcohol, but you must be 19 to drink it.
Ow the hypocrisy in that ! :shock: :roll:

I live in a country where they will most likely give you a beer in a bar when you're 15, though laws say you must be 16.
When I was a kid they used to give you one when you were 12 or 13, and I'm pretty sure that would still be the case in some small towns in shabby bars.
I'm not at all saying that is better, it's a bit of the other extreme, but you gotta learn how to deal with alcohol from when you're 16 or something,
and only learn how to drive after that.
That, to me, makes way more sense.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

also, little side note : they wouldn't serve the teenagers any strong liquor.
Not even in the shabby bars.

I think that's also an important distinction to make.
With beer, it's pretty easy to "feel" when you're having too much.
But with stuff like vodka or whatever, you can get hammered all of a sudden.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Dethrek wrote:Hello lads, Im Riccardo from Rome, 20 y.o. physics student. Discovered techno about 2 years ago and it was like a train hitting me straight in the face, never felt so good.
Im now into raw grimy stuff like Ugandan Methods, Karenn, Blush Response and so on and labels like Repitch, Mord, ARTS etc
Also been getting into production for about a year now, with scarce results. Now im planning to build/buy some hardware cause composing on the computer feels really awkward af.
Guess thats all for now. See you around
hello and welcome.

what's the story with your user name ?
I'm curious.