What can I do to better myself? I'm white, hetero and male!

General Chat // Music Discussion
Mattias
subsekt
subsekt
Re: What can I do to better myself? I'm white, hetero and ma

Post by Mattias »

Dust Layer wrote:Funny how this conversation is interesting and the directions it explores, thanks Mattias :D
I'm just more then happy to see the thread being more intelligent and down to earth then probably anywhere on the web where stuff like this gets discussed.
Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/Mattias.Fridell.Music
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/fridell
Sample packs: http://mfsamples.bandcamp.com

Contention / 005

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

Hades wrote:
StacieAnne wrote:
I have seen men act in the same way though. My ex-boyfriend who was absolutely lovely and wouldn't hurt a fly ended up having to have a metal plate in his head as a group of lads went after him and his friends for no reason at all. He was down on the ground and he got the absolute shit kicked out of him, despite people trying their best to hold them back. It makes me feel sick/ incredibly sad to think of.
It really breaks my heart whenever I read stories like this,
I grew up as a skinny kid in an extremely rough and aggressive area, and yeah, only sisters, so no bigger brothers to protect me.
I learned to scan my environment for possible hostile situations from a very early age on, and apart from a handful of situations where I literally had to run to avoid getting the shit kicked/beaten out of me, I survived "ok".
To this day I hate the place where I grew up, and I totally HATE any kind of violence, because I consider it to be the utterly most stupid way to "solve" a problem.
Actually, it doesn't even solve a problem, it just makes the physically weaker party, or sometimes not even that, just the most peaceful party, to temporarily shut up, out of fear to get beaten up even more.
It just totally shows the weakness of the other party.
When I finally moved out of the shithole town I grew up in, I went to the gym for years, just to make sure I didn't have that "easy victim" kind of thing written all over me, though the place I lived in then (univ town) had none of the situations I always feared in the place I grew up in.
But yeah, it's all just a facade. A pumped up trained body that will make stupid retards think twice before they start hitting it.
Inside I'm just the most peaceful pacifist ever that probably needs to get hit like 20x before he will finally decide it's time to defend himself (and they better start hiding when I do eventually cross that mental line).
So yeah, many years later, I am determined to make my girls take some self-defence course, not just because I want them to be able to defend themselves against the stupid fucktards that take to violence because they can't win with their (lack of) words, but because they are women, and yeah, quite a few species of the male sex are just STUPID and FRUSTRATED !!! (did I win some points with the extremist feminist party now ??? If I did, I don't want to win your goddamn points you stupid cunts ! 8-) )

StacieAnne wrote:
Every hen partay I have been on must have been massively lame as we never got into any bother :lol:
well yeah, you got invited Stace, what did you expect ? :mrgreen:
Sorry Hades, I totally missed this when you posted it.

Yep, it was sad AF and still effects him now. It isn't a right of passage thing and isn't something that sounds be normalised.

No points though hun ;)

Dust Layer
leper

Post by Dust Layer »

Mattias wrote:
Dust Layer wrote:Funny how this conversation is interesting and the directions it explores, thanks Mattias :D
I'm just more then happy to see the thread being more intelligent and down to earth then probably anywhere on the web where stuff like this gets discussed.
True, it's a kind of alchemy only possible here and now with subsekt's cunts :mrgreen: