New members say hello...

General Chat // Music Discussion
PixelKind
who is it?
Re: New members say hello...

Post by PixelKind »

Didnt know that one. Gonna check it out. Thanks!

SFBM
&roid

Post by SFBM »

Hades wrote:
I was replying to Tony's hometown...
do a google on images and wikipedia of his hometown, and it all becomes very obvious... :)
Oh hahaha, woops, I read wrong then :P

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

SFBM wrote:
Hades wrote:
I was replying to Tony's hometown...
do a google on images and wikipedia of his hometown, and it all becomes very obvious... :)
Oh hahaha, woops, I read wrong then :P
no prob man,
happened to me before as well.
I probably wasn't very clear with my words either... :)
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

modfreq
fancy woman

Post by modfreq »

Hello all! Just wanted to drop by and say hello.

I'm very excited to finally be participating in this forum.

My name is Alex, and I've been fiddling with music production for a few years now. I spent the first few years really just fiddling, having fun, learning what stuff does, etc... and my interest/passion has yet to let up. (Quite the opposite really)

In light of this information, I've decided to get a little more serious (Not too serious! Gotta keep it fun first and foremost... but maybe actually properly finish some stuff) about music... This desire has led me to this forum, where I have already lurked on soooo much valuable information.

Thank you all for the great community, I can't wait to share some stuff with you.

I'm working on putting together a little found sound sample pack of some random stuff I recorded on my Zoom H2n for you guys... as I think contributing right from the get go is a good way of getting involved. Unfortunately, due to my noobiness I don't either have the gear, nor the know-how to properly process such a thing. Is the raw recordings I made something people would still be interested in?

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

Hi Alex, welcome to the forum. Raw recordings would be fine.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

modfreq wrote:Hello all! Just wanted to drop by and say hello.

I'm very excited to finally be participating in this forum.

My name is Alex, and I've been fiddling with music production for a few years now. I spent the first few years really just fiddling, having fun, learning what stuff does, etc... and my interest/passion has yet to let up. (Quite the opposite really)

In light of this information, I've decided to get a little more serious (Not too serious! Gotta keep it fun first and foremost... but maybe actually properly finish some stuff) about music... This desire has led me to this forum, where I have already lurked on soooo much valuable information.

Thank you all for the great community, I can't wait to share some stuff with you.

I'm working on putting together a little found sound sample pack of some random stuff I recorded on my Zoom H2n for you guys... as I think contributing right from the get go is a good way of getting involved. Unfortunately, due to my noobiness I don't either have the gear, nor the know-how to properly process such a thing. Is the raw recordings I made something people would still be interested in?
hey man, thx for your kind words on my music and welcome to subsekt ! :)
if you have any links to your music, no matter what it is, I'd be happy to listen to it.

great idea to make us a sample pack !
tbh, I've been planning to make a proper sample pack for subsekt for ages now, (patches, samples, drum racks, field recordings,...)
and I'd like to do it as soon as I pass my 10k listeners on my SC page,
that should be by the end of summer or so...
it always feels great to give something back, and I'm guessing maybe 8 out 10 people that listen to my shit are subsekt members or visitors...

modfreq
fancy woman

Post by modfreq »

Thanks Hades!

I love your music so much... and that's not just me blowing hot air. There is a time and a place for the bangin' in your face Techno... but your beautifully smooth tracks could satisfy me just about any time.

I sent you a PM on SoundCloud with a private link to a little jam I made recently. Appreciate the offer. I'm such an amateur; as you'll hear... but I look forward to progressing with the knowledge gained on subsekt! woo!

I'm pumped.

tttomas
tense

Post by tttomas »

Hi Everyone!

I'm Tom, I've been lurking here for quite a long time and thought I should actually participate!
I actually got into techno through Kaos in London, and my tastes reflect that; a big fan of Perctrax, Stroboscopic, Downwards, etc with a big helping of Industrial and anything both members of Coil ever touched.
I'm looking forward to adding to the community!

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

well, nothing much to add to this apart from "welcome you cunt !"

tttomas
tense

Post by tttomas »

Haha thank you Hades, now I feel like a real member of the forum!

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

you ain't a proper cunt till you're a true subsekt cunt ! 8-)

adamrassi
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by adamrassi »

Yo guys, I'm Adam from Norwich, UK. Been into techno the past few years and have been fucking around with Ableton for most of that time, up to this point making music has been a really irregular thing for me, I'd go like a week of non-stop jamming and then won't touch it again for another few months. Recently I've been starting to make stuff that's actually listenable imo which has made me want to start seriously trying to make music, which is where I found you guys! :D

Been lurking for a couple of weeks now and have found the tips and tricks thread very useful (seriously thanks guys!)

As far as what I'm in to I don't really keep constant preferences, mainly anything that makes me go "ohhhh shitttt!", atm I've been listening to quite a lot of Objekt, Pearson Sound, Truncate and mostly anything on трип.

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know some of you cunts!

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

no worse cunt than a bloody new cunt ! ;)

welcome mate,
have fun !

Bocaj
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Bocaj »

Hello everyone. My name is Jacob, and I'm from Tucson, Arizona. Just had my account approved today and am really happy I came across this site. Recently I was searching for any information related to insights regarding Oscar Mulero's production, and happened to come across a topic on here of that very subject. After reading through the first couple of pages I got really excited, as not only was there a plethora of great advice and insightful information, but everyone seems to be on the same level as far as musical taste. The last music related forum I was a member of was undergroundhouse.net, which has been gone for a while now. However just by spending the last couple of days lurking here, waiting for my account to clear, I immediately could tell that this forum has so much more to offer in terms of community, and knowledge. In addition, I was pleased to see one of my favorite words to be featured in a lot of the post, cunt.

I've been djing for the past 20 years, and have just recently decided to stop putting so much time into video games, and focus more on production. I'm a high school history teacher by trade, and it affords me bit of free time to work on music. In addition, I have a four year old boy, which allows me to successfully explain to my wife as to why I must purchase various djing/production gear. After all, you've got to teach them while they're young. I look forward to learning a lot from all of you talented individuals, and will do my best to add what I can to this little community full of cunts.

TvSkY
Paul Gadd

Post by TvSkY »

hello

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Bocaj wrote:Hello everyone. My name is Jacob,
and have just recently decided to stop putting so much time into video games, and focus more on production.
I'm a high school history teacher by trade,
1. Jacob is a great name. If the mrs and I would have had a son, it would have been called Jacob. But it's always women in my life. But yeah, every time I hear stories of (or see) folks with 2 or 3 sons, I'm pretty happy with my 2 lovely girls.

2. I hear you. I'm glad I took that decision about 17 years ago. I won't say I didn't enjoy gaming, but in the end I kind of considered it a great way to kill time, and I preferred to try and use my time in a more constructive way. And there's so much time that goes into gaming...

3. superb. I love history, and there are quite a few of us here who have discussions about history from time to time.

so welcome, cunt !

any music we can hear from you Jacob ?

Bocaj
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Bocaj »

Thank you for the warm welcome Hades, that's very nice of you. You've got two girls, man bless you for that. Given my profession I encounter a lot of teenage girls, and when I see a dad with several girls I can only think "man that's one strong mother fucker". I actually have been meaning to thank you and several others. As I noted in my introduction speech, I came across this site via a post about how to create one of Oscar Mulero's synth sounds. In that thread you and several others had some great advice to share, which is pretty cool. One problem I have with a lot of producers/djs, both locally and on the internet, is that a lot of times they have some sort of weird chip on their shoulder, as if they're the definition of cool and badass. Here though, it seems most of the members are pretty down to earth, which is refreshing. As far as productions, I just got back into and am in the middle of several tracks. I wasn't planning on sharing them until I'd spent a little bit of more time on here, don't want to be that cunt. However, I'd be more than happy to send you what I've got in the works. Do you happen to have a dropbox account? PM me with the address and I'd love to get your feedback on them.

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

I am cool and badass.

Like Mr T in on holiday in Finland. .....

You cunt.

Lanthane
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Lanthane »

Hello there, my name is Boris and I'm 23.

I'm audio engineer (just finished SAE Institute) in a "club" in Paris. I work hardly my music during my free time.
Using ableton live since I start SAE. I have some hardware stuff in my studio and I'm preparing an LP and a live with my machines.

I've been reading this forum religiously since everything start for me.
A friend of me was approach by Hades recently for register there so I did the step too.

I would like to thanks ICN and all the moderators for this forum. It helps me alot.

I'm ont that good in english so it's hard to express everything but I'm very greatful for everything.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Bocaj wrote:Thank you for the warm welcome Hades, that's very nice of you. You've got two girls, man bless you for that. Given my profession I encounter a lot of teenage girls, and when I see a dad with several girls I can only think "man that's one strong mother fucker". I actually have been meaning to thank you and several others. As I noted in my introduction speech, I came across this site via a post about how to create one of Oscar Mulero's synth sounds. In that thread you and several others had some great advice to share, which is pretty cool. One problem I have with a lot of producers/djs, both locally and on the internet, is that a lot of times they have some sort of weird chip on their shoulder, as if they're the definition of cool and badass. Here though, it seems most of the members are pretty down to earth, which is refreshing. As far as productions, I just got back into and am in the middle of several tracks. I wasn't planning on sharing them until I'd spent a little bit of more time on here, don't want to be that cunt. However, I'd be more than happy to send you what I've got in the works. Do you happen to have a dropbox account? PM me with the address and I'd love to get your feedback on them.
I don't know about the girls thing. I suppose you are right and my life will be hell in like 5 or 6 years from now.
Now my oldest is turning 9 and my youngest is 5, so it's still really easy compared to when I see parents with boys that age.
But yeah, I've honestly never known anything else in my life. I was always surrounded by women.
I grew up with 3 older sisters, a rather dominant mother, and a father who is far from a typical cliché male role-model (whatever that might be).
It's probably why I have a tendency to ramble away with little structure in my words. :lol:
So no need to thank me for anything (the others cunts perhaps),
in about 1 week from now, you're just gonna start scrolling as soon as you see one of my posts... :)

You're right about the down to earth thing here though.
One of my motto's is "if you can't laugh with yourself, someone else should do it for you".
People take themselves far too seriously, and that's one of the reasons we got so many ego's on this planet.
I guess one of the reasons for the many ego's in music is because these folks still get far too much attention and start believing they're special.
Look at the boiler room shit for example. Why would you want to place the DJ right in the middle of all these people ?
Just so they can all crawl right next to you and take fucking selfies with the DJ ? :?
I just heard a few days ago that the guy who works in my favourite comic store got asked to do a boiler room set.
I already heard he's gonna play berghain as well.
And he makes simple ambient music, and has really no idea on how to play live.
He's like the most cynical (though extremely funny) guy I know, and pretty much hates everything.
If that guy does a boiler room set, I'm gonna laugh my ass off, cause he's just gonna start elbowing some of these folks if they dare to come too close. :D

I do have a dropbox account but only used it like once. I usually use wetransfer.
I'll send you a PM.