Berlin

General Chat // Music Discussion
Stace
Classical Approach
Berlin

Post by Stace »

Ez guys,

I am off to Berlin next week to visit family.

I am always on the look out for things to do there that are off the beaten track so to speak (having said that I am considering Tresor festival as Dozzy is on at a reasonable time :D :D)

I know there is some Berlin residents on here and wondered if you had any good shouts for next week.

Ta :) Stace :)

Mono-xID
Uumfääng
Re: Berlin

Post by Mono-xID »

Depends on what you're looking for. Party only or record shops or flea markets or nice restaurants or my favorite bar or ..... ;)
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

Anything ;)

I love the city as a whole and I have been a good few times so would like to know bars, restaurants or a smallish party, I mean not like Berghain or Watergate type venues.

jim_kezzle
Onions

Post by jim_kezzle »

i'm off to Berlin next week as well, 25 years of tresor is on from Thursday to Monday youve probably seen the lineup
reeko is on at about blank on Thursday, clouds are on playing Sunday at Griessmuehle which is meant to be a nice little club

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

Yep, Griessmühle, Bertram's, about:blank, Sysiphos, Ipse are places which comes to mind.
Though you have to consider there is nothing like "real" underground partys anymore (except in squats, the gay and queer scene and an illegal one here and there). Times are gone and the city has changed A LOT.

Restaurant wise check out "Castel Montecroce" at Friesenstr. in Kreuzberg.

You can grab some nice stuff at the flea markets on Sunday at Boxhagener Platz, Tiergarten or Rathaus Schöneberg.

Bars, well.... I don't know any schmonzy fancy bars with view from the rooftop and cocktails n shit. Only know the dirty and loud places for the fuck-up's. So yeah, I you up for a pint hit me up. 8-)

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

jim_kezzle wrote:i'm off to Berlin next week as well, 25 years of tresor is on from Thursday to Monday youve probably seen the lineup
reeko is on at about blank on Thursday, clouds are on playing Sunday at Griessmuehle which is meant to be a nice little club
Yeah, seen the Tresor thing, I think we'll end up going to that. I am pretty much only going to see Dozzy though, which I am totally fine with. He is on at a reasonable hour so it should be ok :) Wouldn't have minded seeing Reeko but not getting there until Friday morning.
Mono-xID wrote:Yep, Griessmühle, Bertram's, about:blank, Sysiphos, Ipse are places which comes to mind.
Though you have to consider there is nothing like "real" underground partys anymore (except in squats, the gay and queer scene and an illegal one here and there). Times are gone and the city has changed A LOT.

Restaurant wise check out "Castel Montecroce" at Friesenstr. in Kreuzberg.

You can grab some nice stuff at the flea markets on Sunday at Boxhagener Platz, Tiergarten or Rathaus Schöneberg.

Bars, well.... I don't know any schmonzy fancy bars with view from the rooftop and cocktails n shit. Only know the dirty and loud places for the fuck-up's. So yeah, I you up for a pint hit me up. 8-)
Ahhh, totally fancy doing the flea market on Sunday. That is something I have not done before, awesome shout thank you :)

That restaurant looks lovely but not very vegan friendly :( Italian food is quite difficult to omit things to make it vegan but everyone else really liked the look of it :lol:

A beer would be most excellent if you are around :) I am not really into posh bar vibes so a place for the fuck-up's sounds right up my street :lol:

Thanks for the advice :)

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

Cool. I'm leaving crap city on Monday the 25th for holidays. Gotta hit the studio on Friday so I'm free for a drink on Saturday if you can make it.

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

Mono-xID wrote:Cool. I'm leaving crap city on Monday the 25th for holidays. Gotta hit the studio on Friday so I'm free for a drink on Saturday if you can make it.
Yep, Saturday is good with me :) I might be a bit tired from Tresor on Friday but planning on taking it pretty steady anyway :)

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

You'll see how you feel then. I'm not going to get hammered anyway. A few beers and a chat should be cool I guess. :)

jim_kezzle
Onions

Post by jim_kezzle »

StacieAnne wrote:
jim_kezzle wrote:i'm off to Berlin next week as well, 25 years of tresor is on from Thursday to Monday youve probably seen the lineup
Yeah, seen the Tresor thing, I think we'll end up going to that. I am pretty much only going to see Dozzy though, which I am totally fine with. He is on at a reasonable hour so it should be ok :) Wouldn't have minded seeing Reeko but not getting there until Friday morning.
If you love Dozzy you'll love Dasha Rush so you'd may as well see her too.

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

Mono-xID wrote:You'll see how you feel then. I'm not going to get hammered anyway. A few beers and a chat should be cool I guess. :)
I'll be fine :) As long as I get some sleep I am generally ok :)
jim_kezzle wrote:
StacieAnne wrote:
If you love Dozzy you'll love Dasha Rush so you'd may as well see her too.
Yeah, I proper like her too. I think I'll have to get some sleep before I go out as my flight is really early from the UK but that is the beauty with Berlin, it all starts so late.

mr.chielos
Gnasher

Post by mr.chielos »

Delicious and affordable restaurant i can highly recommend: Monsieur vuong
Vietnamees food somewhere between classy and streetfood

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

Oooh, thanks :) That looks really vegan friendly :)

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Post by msl »

Krake Festival is on next weekend. Club wise see if there's any Heideglühen parties on, they don't advertise but can be found on facebook, not what they used to be some years ago but still better than the more commercial places. If you haven't been Mauerpark (though boring to us) is one of the biggest flea markets and quite a sight on a Sunday afternoon. Its summertime every one is outdoors generally, go swimming in one of the many lakes, if you have a car go to Liepnitzsee one of the most amazing lakes. Check the listings for OHM club its pretty cool and next door to Tresor.

www.bernadettetrax.bandcamp.com
www.soundcloud.com/michaellovatt

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” Dune

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

Ahh, totally forgot about OHM club. Nice reminder Michael. ;)

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Post by msl »

There is also the CSD Berlin pride parade on this weekend http://csd-berlin.de/event-info-en/ so generally there is loads on.

Food wise the Bite Club is on tomorrow, check facebook.

www.bernadettetrax.bandcamp.com
www.soundcloud.com/michaellovatt

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” Dune

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

I am fed up as fuck to be back in the UK.

Thanks for the ideas :)

We did the Pride parade as in-laws live in Nollendorfplatz.
The parade was amazing as was the tribute to the people who lost their life in the Orlando shooting last month. That hit me like a ton of bricks.

Take me back already :(

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

I'm gonna be in Berlin at the start of november for a minimum of 3 days (got a ticket for Ableton's Loop)
but I'll most likely extend my stay for at least a few days more,
some of you Berlin cunts better show up to have a few beers.
I'll give you earplugs if you buy me free beer !!
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

Really selling it there Hades :lol:

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

what can I say :lol:
Sin cambios no hay mariposa