Our long beloved Beringer is coming with a poly

General Chat // Music Discussion
Alume
Confetti
Our long beloved Beringer is coming with a poly

Post by Alume »

youtu.be/_YIsA_-iPMs

We all know beringer and that you might want to stay away from most of their products.

So what are your thoughts on this? Will or can it even be any good? It seems to be going after the juno kind of vibe.

I have to be honest and I'm quite liking what I'm seeing/hearing so far, though i usually dont trust commercials.

8-)

Opnå
non reader
Re: Our long beloved Beringer is coming with a poly

Post by Opnå »

I'd probably let some other people own one for a year before considering a purchase. My prediction is that it will probably sound good then fall apart and/or set on fire. ;)

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Designed by the guys at Midas, i predict very very good.
Since behringer bought out midas, they have released some very good and very well built gear. The company is changing.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

terryfalafel
Component

Post by terryfalafel »

I think it has the potential to be great for the money. It probably won't sound like something in the €1k-2k+ mark, but it won't cost that much either.

Lots of people feel very negative about Behringer, and for good reasons historically. But I don't think their modern output, like this, should be automatically overlooked.

modfreq
fancy woman

Post by modfreq »

When I first got into mixxing, I bought a Behringer DDM4000, and as a noob, it was amazing bang for my buck.

I took that thing everywhere... Lots of parties with less than optimal conditions. (The desert, the mountains during snow storms, etc.) ... I thrashed the hell out of it, and as far as I know (I gifted it to a friend) it still works nearly perfectly.

I've had my eyes on their modular midi controller series for quite some time (in particular, the 'mixxer' type module) ... because a lot of midi controllers seem to just fall short for me... Why are there seemingly no good controller style mixxer alternatives? I've been eyeing the Allen and Heath Xone:K2 for the same reasons (I'd probably end up with 2 of em) but it comes in at nearly twice the price.

I for one am excited about this synth!

I've been meaning to get back into hardware synths (Just because they're so much fun) ... I had imideate sellers remorse upon shipping out my DSI Mopho ... maybe I'll find myself with one of these one day ;D}

Now that I think about it I put a BCR2000 to SERIOUS use for many years as well... That many banks/encoders for $149.99 .... you really couldn't beat it at the time. (I'm still not sure you can.)

Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mslwte »

Behringer is a bit like Skoda. It's got better but there is still a stigma attached to it.
https://soundcloud.com/mslwte
https://noizefacilityrecords.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/subsekt909
https://www.facebook.com/subsekt909/
Lost to the Void wrote:Fuck off, get some tequila down ya neck and make some noise you cunt....

ross-alexander
endless

Post by ross-alexander »

James I was just going to say the same haha

Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mslwte »

That's because you are cool as fuck :D
https://soundcloud.com/mslwte
https://noizefacilityrecords.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/subsekt909
https://www.facebook.com/subsekt909/
Lost to the Void wrote:Fuck off, get some tequila down ya neck and make some noise you cunt....

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Cant get past the stupid hair in that screen shot
New Shit

TvSkY
Paul Gadd

Post by TvSkY »

12 voice!!

a little worried now it puts it out of my price range.....

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Let hope and see.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Yeah it's gonna be £1500-£1800 is. Not bad for a 12 voice.
New Shit

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Mslwte wrote:Behringer is a bit like Skoda. It's got better but there is still a stigma attached to it.
man, technically a Skoda has the same engine like a Volkswagen (as I'm sure you know),
it just has a different packing.
And it has been like that for at least 1,5 decade, if not 2 decades.
You can't say Behringer has been making technically high quality stuff for at least 15 years, no fucking way.
Anything audio from Behringer, not talking about the controllers here, I wouldn't have wanted to use even if they gave it to me for free. :?
It's only the last 2 years at most, that their quality has been improving,
and yeah, buying Midas definitely helped them with that.

About 15 years ago, my sister wanted to sell me her little Skoda,
and I didn't wanna bother, cause I didn't really have the cash nor need for a car,
and the thing looked fucking UGLY. :D
Man, I was totally wrong !!
(And hey, you know my story about what later turned out to be my first car eventually,
you know, the ugly as fuck bright yellow mini kind of car, which saved me from being beaten into a coma by a hord of drunk neo-nazi's.) :lol:

Anyways, I drove around in a real luxury Volvo S70 1998 for about 10 years,
totally given to me for free by my uncle (yeah, lucky me) when it was at 200.000km
I had a bet going on I would be able to pass the 400.000km limit,
It finally broke down for good on the parking lot of fucking Plopsaland, at 398.000km. :?

But yeah, bought myself a Skoda Octavia after that, after hearing how one of my best friends couldn't stop raving about it,
a guy who practically lives in his car because his job requires him to do so,
and fucking HELL, that engine has POWER !!! I'm amazed I still haven't been officially flashed.
And the whole interior has tons of little practical details even the Volvo didn't have.
My Volvo was a luxury tank, slow as fuck untill you were on the highway and passed 100km/u.
My Skoda is good at all speeds, and can properly accelerate.
People that still look down on Skoda's just don't know their shit.
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Lost to the Void wrote:Cant get past the stupid hair in that screen shot
many people have a real talent to just go with whatever is in fashion and/or hip nowadays,
while totally ignoring the fact that they specifically look (even more) horrible with that particular haircut/pair of skinny jeans/stretchy skirt/...
Apart from many others who already look ridiculous in this or that piece of clothing.
Some things are just fucking ugly, even if Nina Kraviz wears it... 8-)

Yesterday evening, I received this wonderful SPAM email from a guy I had NEVER heard of,
promoting his shit trancy track with a new video.
I clicked to see some of the other video's from the "director", and stumbled upon this pure gem...
purely for your entertainment purposes only folks... ;)

youtu.be/yoX6yqXTHZs

TvSkY
Paul Gadd

Post by TvSkY »

Lost to the Void wrote:Yeah it's gonna be £1500-£1800 is. Not bad for a 12 voice.
hmm if they had put this at about 1k it would have smashed the opposition and given them some breathing room for their first synth

hope there is a module/rack

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

That`s at least a grand cheaper than the competition, that`s more than not bad.
I actually predict, and you can call on me on this when it comes out, that this will sell out immediately, and they will have trouble manufacturing to demand.

You cannot make a 12 voice analog for a grand. If you price up the components for an average single voice, even with bulk component prices.
It was never going to be a synth for that cheap.
New Shit

SixOfOne
non reader

Post by SixOfOne »

Enough teasers now, dying to see the full features and specs.

I guess that means the teasers worked :roll:

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Lost to the Void wrote:
You cannot make a 12 voice analog for a grand. If you price up the components for an average single voice, even with bulk component prices.
It was never going to be a synth for that cheap.
why do they even make this a 12 voice ???
I mean, my conditio sine qua non for buying a synth is a minimum of 6 voices, at least when it's a poly.
And that's because I want to be able to play it with both hands as an instrument (usually triggering it from my XV88 because of it's hammerweighted action),
which usually means 3 fingers of my left hand doing a chord,
while I'm playing some melody with my right hand, usually not more than 2 or 3 fingers (therefore voices) at the same time.
Of course, this is all counting in normal terms of one voice per note.
As soon as you start with unison stuff, or doubling the voices, then my whole theory goes down the drain...
But yeah, even counting in release time of some of the notes, then approx. 8 or at most 10 would even be more than enough.

Considering the fact that most vintage poly's are 6 voices, I guess it's safe to presume that apart from economical reasons, 6 voices was a kind of "playing standard" back then, because I do believe that in the early ages of poly synths, most of the people who played them were able to play keys properly, because sequencers were simply very primitive in those days.

But maybe I'm forgetting about something. Please tell me if I do.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Alume wrote:
We all know beringer and that you might want to stay away from most of their products.
ok, I'm gonna be the only spelling nazi loser in here, and blatantly point out that it's 'Behringer', with an 'h' in there.
("_ear the difference" :lol: )
Because I'm such a total dick, and for compensation purposes only, you can suck on my left nut for an hour or two if we meet some day JJ ... ;) 8-)
(and I'm loving your vinyl man !!)

Now I'll try and see if I can actually correct the title....