music that is not awesome

General Chat // Music Discussion
Chizmata
quasi-public
music that is not awesome

Post by Chizmata »

well, this is quite hard to say in english, but it seems people always wanna make music that is "geil", which is a universal german term for everything awesome, hot, whatever, basically everything that statisfies ones hedonistic desires. but when you think about it, its super-superficial and with a certain age and experience you might grow out of this and make music that has deeper expressions. and by that i dont mean neither "fat", "crispy", "groovy" or anything like that, nor "crazy" or "trippy". think more of terms like "healing", "political", "philosophical" or stuff like that. this music might not sound appealing or even outright shit on the first glance, but unfolds its depth when you get past that and doesnt leave you with a simple message, but one that sticks. i feel this depth is especially lacking in techno music, even though it doesnt have to. i guess i just wanted to mention this, whats your take?

Dust Layer
leper
Re: music that is not awesome

Post by Dust Layer »

Chizmata
quasi-public

Post by Chizmata »

i wasnt really talking about music with lyrics, its quite common there to go a bit deeper. i meant more like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i36Qhn7NhoA

sadly not really anything from techno with deeper attributes comes to my mind, suggestions?

TonyVegazz
brown envelope

Post by TonyVegazz »

samnatur
sad bastard

Post by samnatur »

youtu.be/_AWIqXzvX-U

This music is awesome but it's very much not superficial in my opinion. It's very sincere.

Chizmata
quasi-public

Post by Chizmata »

haha ok aphex twin, how could i forget :D