---- Elektron User Topic -----

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt
Re: ---- Elektron User Topic -----

Post by Lost to the Void »

I'm almost willing to bet a nut it will either be an overbridge enabled mixer (which would complete tbeir live performance setup), or a granular synth.

Either way, 2 elektron boxes is enough for me, I want to keep my sound pallette varied.
Plus turning up and playing live with all elektron is already becoming a bit cliche..
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

I second the overbridge mixer with multitrack recording.

Based on the video i can only think of a multiple i/o mixer for all kinds of musicians complementing the overbridge tech. Will be a hit as mixer and as interface.

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

Lost to the Void wrote:I'm almost willing to bet a nut it will either be an overbridge enabled mixer (which would complete tbeir live performance setup), or a granular synth.

Either way, 2 elektron boxes is enough for me, I want to keep my sound pallette varied.
Plus turning up and playing live with all elektron is already becoming a bit cliche..

Sure it's cliché already but it's like that for a good reason. Can't really blame anyone who decides to go live with these boxes. They are compact, transportable,good sounding and flexible.

After everything worked out yesterday, I jammed out a complete improvised track within an hour.
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Oh I know, I only have them to use live, they fit my remit perfectly, I just have to be careful I don`t end up with a rack of them, it`s just too easy and obvious to do so.
New Shit

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

Lost to the Void wrote:Oh I know, I only have them to use live, they fit my remit perfectly, I just have to be careful I don`t end up with a rack of them, it`s just too easy and obvious to do so.
What can you do mate...what can you do.... :?

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Hold out until the new device comes out, and buy it anyway probably.
If it was a OB enabled mixer that woukd actually come in handy and.. NO
NO NO NO...
New Shit

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

Lost to the Void wrote: Yeah, they come in bare wood, so you can paint em how you want.
I drilled some holes for the vents on the A4 (though elektron say you can cover them as long as the bottom vents are open). You could always ask the guy to predrill the vents.
Very affordable too, some of these guys want nearly 100 jib for their poxy plastic stands.
If you want I'll link you up.
He does single tier, 2 tier and 3 tier.
Please link me up sir. 8-)

Kromasome
arsehole

Post by Kromasome »

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/new-elek ... /27091/889

Wonder how long it will be before they make the official announcement?? I think I read somewhere the other day that it was 54 days of teasing before they actually revealed Rytm ...

I'm still waiting to win lotto before I get my hands on any of the Elektron boxes. (edit: sorry just remembered this an Elektron user topic, maybe I will be one day - does that mean I can post in this thread?)

Are the recently added videos to the thread fake or real??

The hype machine is working well - nearly 29k views in 45 days on that thread alone.

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

Well, after a month of owning the RYTM and tweaking it along the A4 in my self build rack stand i have to say i couldn't be happier. I didn't made one single tune though. Still have to learn a lot but it's growing on me more and more.

Making music is fun again. :D

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Weirdly I don`t find it fun working with Elektron gear. No more fun than any other gear ITB or OTB I have used really. It`s just another tool with a display, nobs and sliders and buttons to push. As much as I love them.

When I want fun I pick up my guitar and make noise.
New Shit

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

Lost to the Void wrote:Weirdly I don`t find it fun working with Elektron gear. No more fun than any other gear ITB or OTB I have used really. It`s just another tool with a display, nobs and sliders and buttons to push. As much as I love them.

You have to consider that these two boxes are my first hw drum machine & synth after 8 years of pushing a mouse and a MIDI Controller knob here and there. It's just refreshing to me and i do things different than in a DAW. I have to force myself more to come up with something interesting. My feelings towards these boxes might be vanished next year, might not, who knows? But for the moment i just grab me a cold pint, switch on these boxes, tweak the shit out of them. switch them off without saving anything and go to bed with a big grin on my face.

Oh, and you can come up with this distorted trendy MORD,Tensal, Ansome Techno within 3 minutes. Personal world record for me but boring.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Why oh why is there no overbridge for the Octatrack.

I mean, I know why, but still... Why oh why oh why?
New Shit

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Mono-xID wrote:
Lost to the Void wrote:Weirdly I don`t find it fun working with Elektron gear. No more fun than any other gear ITB or OTB I have used really. It`s just another tool with a display, nobs and sliders and buttons to push. As much as I love them.

You have to consider that these two boxes are my first hw drum machine & synth after 8 years of pushing a mouse and a MIDI Controller knob here and there. It's just refreshing to me and i do things different than in a DAW. I have to force myself more to come up with something interesting. My feelings towards these boxes might be vanished next year, might not, who knows? But for the moment i just grab me a cold pint, switch on these boxes, tweak the shit out of them. switch them off without saving anything and go to bed with a big grin on my face.

Oh, and you can come up with this distorted trendy MORD,Tensal, Ansome Techno within 3 minutes. Personal world record for me but boring.

As outboard goes they are more fun than average as you can do so much just with one box, I`ll give you that, they definitely have longevity too, there is a lot too discover, with the Octatrack in particular, I keep finding deeper and deeper levels. It`s a real time vacuum that machine.

Yeah MORD stuff, make a beat, compress, distort, add 1 riff, drag for 6 mins done.........
New Shit

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

Lost to the Void wrote:
As outboard goes they are more fun than average as you can do so much just with one box, I`ll give you that, they definitely have longevity too, there is a lot too discover, with the Octatrack in particular, I keep finding deeper and deeper levels. It`s a real time vacuum that machine.

Yeah MORD stuff, make a beat, compress, distort, add 1 riff, drag for 6 mins done.........
Call me stupid but i'm eying the octatrack already. With that thing I'd use Live just like a tape recorder.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Oh it`s mangling of samples combined with the parameter locks is amazing, much better than analog drums which smell of poo
New Shit

buffered
Freestyler

Post by buffered »

yeah octatrack is like a swiss army knife. Can figure out most anything you want to do with this box.
The new elektron teaser kind of gives the impression of a moogerfooger, space echo type thing.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

buffered wrote:yeah octatrack is like a swiss army knife. Can figure out most anything you want to do with this box.
The new elektron teaser kind of gives the impression of a moogerfooger, space echo type thing.
I think the Octatrack is Elektrons best device, and certainly the most innovative.
I've owned all of elektrons machines except the monomachine which I am still considering.
I found the analog rytm the least interesting, I didn't keep it for very long.
I doubt I will ever get rid of the octa. It is the best sampler you can get as far as i am concerned.
New Shit

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Here`s my live PA setup I`m starting to rehearse at the moment.

Octa is the heart of the setup.
A4
Virus
Sismo Lito Ice
Noise matrix (not in shot consisting of 4x4 matrix mixer creating feeback loop with various stomp boxes and some contact mic based noise makers)
There`s a TC Electronic Alter Ego x4 running on the Aux of the mixer providing nice vintage delay.
Mixer is Soundcraft EFX8.
Final output goes through FMR RNLA compressor (levelling amp) and then in to a Blackstar HT Boost on each channel for a touch more dirt.
New Shit

buffered
Freestyler

Post by buffered »

nice. looks like plenty of options going in. would you be syncing the Lito via CV from the A4 then audio into the OT via Thru machine? can imagine some pretty satisfying results there

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Yeah the lito is cv linked to the A4, actually not running through octa, it goes in to some effects then in to the mixer. Its my wild card in the setup.
New Shit