BREXIT - The Aftermath

General Chat // Music Discussion
Mono-xID
Uumfääng
Re: BREXIT - The Aftermath

Post by Mono-xID »

Wiu wrote:Excuse me if I'm being a moron, who/what is BH?
Blood and Honor...
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mslwte »

Wiu wrote:
Mslwte wrote:This is an interesting twist.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-s ... 44?SThisFB
Why would they do that? The SNP are totally going to use this to get a second Scottish referendum vote. The SNP literally couldn't of planned this any better.
Because I think Scotland will need permission from Westminster to hold another referendum. Not 100% though.
https://soundcloud.com/mslwte
https://noizefacilityrecords.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/subsekt909
https://www.facebook.com/subsekt909/
Lost to the Void wrote:Fuck off, get some tequila down ya neck and make some noise you cunt....

The_G
Artificial Hazard

Post by The_G »

A friend put it succinctly:

"I'm sure that not all Leave voters are racist or xenophobic, but I'm equally sure all the racists and xenophobia voted Leave."

Plus Leave is just so utterly stupid. A "victory" for British sovereignty that will 100% lead to Scotland leaving Britain, and an argument against paying EU taxes and fees that is cratering the currency (and by extension public and private savings) and, by severing tariff-free access to the European common market, may very well trigger an endless recession a la Japan.

Wiu
Slowy J

Post by Wiu »

Mono-xID wrote:
Wiu wrote:Excuse me if I'm being a moron, who/what is BH?
Blood and Honor...
I have no idea what you're on about. Some extreme group or something? Are you trying to imply that huge numbers of the British population are closet racist nazi's enough to influence the vote or something? Totally respect you hate all that kind of shit, I do too, but you're kind of coming across that they were a major factor in the leave vote winning and that leave voters were glad to have them on side.
Thank you for the laughs, debate, new music found, production tips etc etc over the years. I wish Subsekt and everyone all the best for the future. Wiu.

Wiu
Slowy J

Post by Wiu »

Mslwte wrote:
Wiu wrote:
Mslwte wrote:This is an interesting twist.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-s ... 44?SThisFB
Why would they do that? The SNP are totally going to use this to get a second Scottish referendum vote. The SNP literally couldn't of planned this any better.
Because I think Scotland will need permission from Westminster to hold another referendum. Not 100% though.
Exactly. They're basically going to make threats like this for their own gain. Despite her horrid claim on the news earlier, she doesn't give one flying fuck about England, Wales or Northern Ireland - rightly so really, she was voted in to serve Scotland, and that's what she is doing, rightly or wrongly.
Thank you for the laughs, debate, new music found, production tips etc etc over the years. I wish Subsekt and everyone all the best for the future. Wiu.

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

BH is THE worlds biggest nazi skinhead organization founded in UK. And I think all of them voted "leave".

Just saw the evening news with parades from the "leavers", holding signs with "no more polish vermin" "we voted,now send them back" and things like that.

Sure the hardcore racists may be a minority amongst the leavers but the xenophobic rest doesn't seem to have a problem with them because of the same goals.

We have the exact same situation over here in Germany.
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

The_G
Artificial Hazard

Post by The_G »

This is also the result of the vote: the racists feel empowered now.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/ ... _vote.html

Wiu
Slowy J

Post by Wiu »

No parades of Nazi skinheads with legions of xenophobic followers were on the news I saw earlier. I did see that some douchebag had been anonymously leaving cards at hospitals directed at Polish people though.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ca ... w_facebook

I obviously have no idea how the media are reporting brexit in other countries, but could it be that maybe they are greatly exaggerating things in an effort to deter other EU members from allowing a referendum and ultimately leaving. They will have an agenda there, just as much as here I'm sure.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Mono-xID wrote:BH is THE worlds biggest nazi skinhead organization founded in UK. And I think all of them voted "leave".

Just saw the evening news with parades from the "leavers", holding signs with "no more polish vermin" "we voted,now send them back" and things like that.

Sure the hardcore racists may be a minority amongst the leavers but the xenophobic rest doesn't seem to have a problem with them because of the same goals.

We have the exact same situation over here in Germany.
It is far from the largest nazi organisation in the world.
Quite a few eastern european states and america have far bigger organisations.
It's probably the largest far right musical movement, though I think the US might also have that beat.

I mean, they are prize dickheads for sure.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

The_G
Artificial Hazard

Post by The_G »

Far right in the US is probably bigger, if for no other reason than the country is much bigger. It's also probably a bit different. Yeah sure there are neonazi skinheads but there are also militia groups that are extremist but off the standard European left-right map.

They have also been very regionalized and mostly invisible, but are now coming out of the woodwork because of this Trump bullshit. Same as is happening in Britain, Sweden, Austria, but with the added element of lots and lots of easily acquired firearms. It's a very scary time. When Clinton wins I expect a lot of confrontations like in the 1990s.

The_G
Artificial Hazard

Post by The_G »

Wow so much of this is just so fucked up.

And no, it's not "foreign countries making this up." It's being reported by British people. The racists are out in force, just as they are in the US now.

Perception
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Perception »

borg wrote:what did you expect from a nation that thinks Oasis and Wonderwall are the best things that ever happened to music? .
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Wiu wrote:
Hades wrote:

yeah... it's certainly a xenophobic rant, wouldn't call it racist yet.
It really makes me sad that you think that :(

Like someone said on Question Time a minute ago, the remain supporters honestly believe that over 17,410,742 are racists. So so sad and disrespectful.
hold on now Wiu,
I ain't judging you, like I said,
and there is a difference between xenophobic and racist.
a BIG difference if you ask me.
The old guy I mentioned in my story, who's pissed off because after working a whole career in construction,
he now sees some Litvanian guys crawl out of a van to renew the roof of the school his grandchildren go to,
that guy is xenophobic, he is not at all a racist.

Your rant sounded as if you're truely scared all the refugees or immigrant workers will take even more money and/or jobs away from you guys.
That is to me xenophobic, and in my opinion not true.
But it's what the rich and mighty WANT us to believe, and it's exactly the rich and mighty we need to protest against,
not the refugees and immigrants ffs...
They always want us divided just so they can always remain in power...
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

The thing is this : people don't become racist overnight.
Nobody wakes up all of a sudden and says "I hate all dark skinned people".
Just like no one wakes up one day and decides to start shooting heroïne.
People smoke pot first, start popping a few pills maybe, snort a few lines, and gradually might end up with shooting heroïne in the end.
Obviously, the "might" is the important word there.

And that whole stepping stone theory thing only works out "till the end" for just a few rotten apples.
But if more people would be snorting lines on a regular basis, in the end you would also have more people getting addicted to heroïne.
And the dealers would have a lot more power on the street as well since their clientèle has grown so much.
So yeah, the more xenophobic people there are, the more the amount of racists will start to grow,
and the more power the racists that are already there will have.

Maybe this is an extreme example, but I think you know what I'm trying to say. ;)

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

Hades wrote: and there is a difference between xenophobic and racist.
Yep, they don't mean the same thing. There is an overlap in their meaning, but you can clearly be xenophobic without being racist.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

People always have prejudices, always. It's extremely stupid to think they don't.
I have prejudices, you have them as well.
It's how we deal with our prejudices that is important.
Let's say I almost get into a car accident with a red car. (or I do, doesn't even matter)
My survival instincts will automatically make me think "wow, red car at my left" if I'm next to a red car in traffic.
This is totally bloody hell normal behaviour.
But if some day later on I were to say "all red car drivers/owners are big idiots",
and would say "I want no more red cars in my country", then I'm the idiot not knowing how to deal with my prejudices,
not realizing where they came from.
And if the mainstream media or stupidly dangerous politicians would send out messages on a regular basis that would make me believe that all red card drivers are stupid, then yeah, it's important to realize that it's THEM putting this shit inside our heads.
That this has nothing to do with reality. Only with perception.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Planar wrote:
Hades wrote: and there is a difference between xenophobic and racist.
Yep, they don't mean the same thing. There is an overlap in their meaning, but you can clearly be xenophobic without being racist.
You know that I make big fat racist jokes ALL the time.
(kind of like how we make dirty anal jokes over here all the time)
And of course, they work best with my "coloured" friends.
I mean, seriously if you'd see me, I myself look like some crossing between a Spanish and an Italian guy or something.
(Planar still talks with a passion about my darkly coloured dick to this day !! ;) )

But anyway, the people that do NOT feel comfortable with these jokes (white, black, yellow, whatever, doesn't matter),
are usually the people that I somehow subconsciously put on my radar,
because I STRONGLY believe that you can only overcome any form of hatred towards people from a different race (or sexual nature, or just anything),
by being able to laugh about it all.
If they feel uncomfortable, given of course that the humor is obviously meant in good nature and is not degenerating towards the other(s),
it means they are still seeing what doesn't need to be seen.
It means they don't look at people for who they are, but for which colour they have, if they like pussy more than ass, if they come from a different country or have more or less money than they have, whatever...

we're all just bloody hell people, who have to shit a few times a day, who make love (or jerk off for some of you :mrgreen: ),
who laugh, who cry, who love banana chili sauce up their fucking asses.
We're all the same.

God damn it, I start to sound like a subsekt version of John Lennon or something... :lol:

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

Hades wrote: So yeah, the more xenophobic people there are, the more the amount of racists will start to grow,
and the more power the racists that are already there will have.
Lets be clear; that the majority of the voters were older and from a generation where racism is, sadly, common. The younger people who did vote were clearly in the remain camp, just not enough of them bothered. There are idiots everywhere, but I don't believe there is a (significant) growing racism problem in the UK. Xenophobia? Yeah, that's probably grown, but overall this is a pretty damned tolerant nation. The real problem is the anti-intellectualism rife amongst certain demographics and the apathy amongst the young to exercise their right to vote. Meanwhile the baby boomers, with their paid mortgages, annuity pensions and ~20 years of life left have dragged the rest of us into the mire for much longer.

From where I am, it looks like those who were younger voted out because they'd been fucked over by the government and the media rhetoric has been to say this was due to immigration. A lot of people read newspapers like the Sun, Daily Mail etc. They believe that these agenda-ridden, lowest common denominator rags are telling them the truth and not just the opinion of the person/people who own them. A lot of people who read these sources don't tend to read between the lines or research anything beyond what they see on the page. These voters should have got their protest vote in during the general election, not something as important as this.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Planar wrote: There are idiots everywhere, but I don't believe there is a (significant) growing racism problem in the UK. Xenophobia? Yeah, that's probably grown, but overall this is a pretty damned tolerant nation. The real problem is the anti-intellectualism rife amongst certain demographics and the apathy amongst the young to exercise their right to vote. Meanwhile the baby boomers, with their paid mortgages, annuity pensions and ~20 years of life left have dragged the rest of us into the mire for much longer.
I truely believe there is a significant growing problem of xenophobia and racism everywhere in our western world, and probably also in other parts of our planets.
Just look at how much more intolerance there is happening everywhere.
Yesterday evening, I was looking at pics from a Belgian world-class photographer, purely by chance (my mother used to be the nanny of his kid brother),
and though this guy has been living in Cambodia for 16 years, he immediately went home to Belgium after the terrorist attacks, to walk around Molenbeek and shoot wonderful pics of the local folks, who were constantly showing that they had NOTHING to do with what happened, and how much they were gutted by the whole thing.
Yet, I saw none of this in the media coverage. Absolutely nothing. Only reports about how dangerous Molenbeek had become, and how much it was a total extremist village, blablablablabla...
And that was all over European news, NOT just in the Belgian news.
No news reports whatsoever on the ground, with pictures from the local community.

They just want us all to hate each other more and more, and they are doing an excellent job at doing so.
Let's all stay afraid of one another... :roll: :(
Planar wrote: From where I am, it looks like those who were younger voted out because they'd been fucked over by the government and the media rhetoric has been to say this was due to immigration. A lot of people read newspapers like the Sun, Daily Mail etc. They believe that these agenda-ridden, lowest common denominator rags are telling them the truth and not just the opinion of the person/people who own them. A lot of people who read these sources don't tend to read between the lines or research anything beyond what they see on the page. These voters should have got their protest vote in during the general election, not something as important as this.
totally agreed on that.
But yeah, intellectual laziness is on the BIGGEST problems of our times, if you ask me.
People are made to believe that one's opinion should never be longer than 150 characters.
People hardly read any more, and if they do (mostly women), it's usually thrillers or chicklit-shit.
You can't imagine how annoyed I am by that shit with almost everybook store I visit.
People think short attention spans is something to cultivate and be proud of, FFS...

They want us to stay dumb and uninformed, and again, we're making it way too easy for them...

TvSkY
Paul Gadd

Post by TvSkY »

Hades wrote:
Planar wrote:
totally agreed on that.
But yeah, intellectual laziness is on the BIGGEST problems of our times, if you ask me.
youtu.be/rsL6mKxtOlQ

"They don't want people who are smart enough to sit around the kitchen table and figure out how badly they're getting FUCKED by system that threw them overboard 30 fuckin' years ago."

apt....