---- Elektron User Topic -----

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
AK-REV
GET A FUCKING AVATAR!!
Re: ---- Elektron User Topic -----

Post by AK-REV »

Luckily all Elektrons can be found second hand easily these days.
That gives you a change to work with the Elektrons boxes, if they do not suit you.. you can sell them without pain. Better to try it out for a couple weeks.
The A4 is a nice one but as I am focussing primarily on modular synths find that the A4 is too much overlap, with too much menu deep diving and still not enough routing options. Sound wise always felt that something was missing.
If I would not have modular it would sit in my setup.

For me the winner is the Rytm these days.
The Rytm was my missing link for live performance, really love that you can mute/unmute with one touch.
The sample options are pretty need, at least more than enough for my purpose.
About the internal engines I a more critic. The hats, claps and cymbals bring their own sound, love or hate it for me that extends the sound palette. Hear a lot of enthusiastic reactions about the kick engine, it sounds good on small monitors but on bigger systems it just miss something. I still keep falling back on the 909 or the Jomox.

About the octatrack, still sit on the desk but not my GoTo box. So much deepdiving, I get lost each time after I not used it for some time. Great editing options, etc. But in reality I use the Rytm to mangle up my samples and with the result I am happy.

gedda
Metric Martyr

Post by gedda »

What effects come with the rytm and octatrack? I love ableton's in house effects and I want to know if they come with similar effects.

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

gedda wrote:What effects come with the rytm and octatrack? I love ableton's in house effects and I want to know if they come with similar effects.

https://www.elektron.se/drum-machines/analog-rytm/
https://www.elektron.se/samplers/octatrack/

-----------------------------

Hey guys, does anyone use the elektrons for live performances? What is the best way to approach this?

I've understand the achetecture of the kits, patterns etc a bit better but how would you configure these in a live situation.

Would you program the patterns with kits and move your way through the banks?

cheers.

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Some inspiration

youtu.be/J7SQUgfoVdc

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

Fuck it, i've just ordered an Analog Rytm. Nr.2 of The Dark Trinity is on it's way. Yaaay...
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Mono-xID wrote:Fuck it, i've just ordered an Analog Rytm. Nr.2 of The Dark Trinity is on it's way. Yaaay...

Fuck yeah dude!

As soon as I get some nice patched we can trade some project files. Would be cool to start from another perspective.

Could have some interesting results.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Mono-xID wrote:Fuck it, i've just ordered an Analog Rytm. Nr.2 of The Dark Trinity is on it's way. Yaaay...
Got 2 of the black box elektrons in my setup (Octa & A4)
Struggling to resist getting a 3rd device (monomachine)
Something tells me i shouldnt get too many elektron machines.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

BandoftheHand
rescued

Post by BandoftheHand »

Is it real analogz bruh?!? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

BandoftheHand wrote:
Don't care about that. It's a workflow decision bruh.

BandoftheHand
rescued

Post by BandoftheHand »

Mono-xID wrote:
BandoftheHand wrote:
Don't care about that. It's a workflow decision bruh.
Ahh... so you have discovered the benefits of a step sequencer hardware device dedicated to making music. Took you a while to come round. You look good with your foot in your mouth tho after so much trash talk about analog and hardware in general. Who can help but laugh? :lol:

Welcome to the club, :geek: try to save some money for the children. :mrgreen:

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

Don't worry, money isn't an issue over here. And again, I don't care if the sound is analog or generated by a rat fart. I tried hardware after 8 years and quite like it so what's your fucking problem dude?

BandoftheHand
rescued

Post by BandoftheHand »

I don't have a problem at all... I am rather enjoying watching you drink your cup of shut the fuck up.

You ran your mouth off about hardware be it real analogz or digital when you owned none. You even went so far as to show up in a thread on gearslutz "talking shit about you don't need a drum machine to make techno." (And while that is true, the guy wanted to buy a drum machine. So what the fuck is the point of saying that?). Now here you are a couple years later with not 1 but 2 hardware synths...A full fledged convert to the cult of Elektron.

Hey Mono you don't need a drum machine to make techno!!!

:lol:

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

BandoftheHand wrote:I don't have a problem at all... I am rather enjoying watching you drink your cup of shut the fuck up.

You ran your mouth off about hardware be it real analogz or digital when you owned none. You even went so far as to show up in a thread on gearslutz "talking shit about you don't need a drum machine to make techno." (And while that is true, the guy wanted to buy a drum machine. So what the fuck is the point of saying that?). Now here you are a couple years later with not 1 but 2 hardware synths...A full fledged convert to the cult of Elektron.

Hey Mono you don't need a drum machine to make techno!!!

:lol:

You're a funny prick. As far as I remember the guy wanted to buy a drum machine to get a specific kick sound. I stated that he don't need to buy hardware only to get this specific sound. And that is a valid point to say imo.

I'm still not interested in any other hardware as elektron is the only company which attracts me due total daw integration. Hell, even in the interview I did for subsekt 2 years ago I stated that I'm eying elektron boxes but nothing else hardware wise.

You know why I buy these boxes? Because I can.

I know I don't need a drum machine, but I got one soon anyway.

Fuck hardware (except elektron). You happy now?

Good, then go and get yourself a snickers.

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

Banned OfTheHand won't be replying. Ta ra.

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

Planar wrote:Banned OfTheHand won't be replying. Ta ra.
He's not banned already, is he? C'mon lads, we're not in communist china. Mono can handle it on it's own. :)

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

It's not just for this thread. I know you're more than capable of looking after yourself, but he can shitpost on some other forum where I don't have to read it.

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

Planar wrote:It's not just for this thread. I know you're more than capable of looking after yourself, but he can shitpost on some other forum where I don't have to read it.
I'm fine with that also mate. 8-)

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Mono-xID wrote:
Planar wrote:It's not just for this thread. I know you're more than capable of looking after yourself, but he can shitpost on some other forum where I don't have to read it.
I'm fine with that also mate. 8-)
He was already on our checklist, don't worry.
And he already got banned earlier for a temporary time.

Guess he didn't learn.
But yeah, no doubt you'd have loved to have a go at him,
same for me though, some just love to spread their hatred around for nothing,
the real cunts gotta have something to do I guess... 8-)
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Haha, just hit the ban for bandy_from_the_hand_shandy and someone already pulled the trigger.
Took him approximately 1 day of posting to return to being an utter cock sandwhich.

We all like a jostle and a vent, but this guy was pure arse gravey.
Ban well earned.

And so we commit his username to thee earth for eternity, we will mark the site, for thee land will be barren, and no goodness shall grow from this soil. Let this toxic obscenity be forever a warning, for those who sucketh the cock of thee shitcunt shall in time becometh the cock of thee shitcunt.
For thine is the power
Golden shower of glory.
Ahhhhhhhssoles.

Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Den Bosch
brown envelope

Post by Den Bosch »

I read the warnings on these forums about accidentally losing data with the machinedrum and it happened anyway. Everything I made in the first month that I've had the MD has vanished into the ether now because I changed snapshot without saving the current one... Beyond that I'm having a real blast with programming beats on the MD. Making and manipulating sounds is much more intuitive to me with the MD's parameters than what I had been doing in Ableton until now.

Does anyone else struggle with getting samples into the MD over midi? I think my hardware setup is correct, I have the TM-1 interface. Elektron C6 keeps crashing. I can't find out where my samples will be stored if I upload them. I tried dumping 30+ samples into the MD at once and it simply kept on overwriting the 1st position in the sample bank and didn't even touch the other slots. If anyone knows about other software than C6 that will do the trick I'd love to hear it!