Is it worth it to go cheap on studio monitors?

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
Hades
Shit Eater
Re: Is it worth it to go cheap on studio monitors?

Post by Hades »

blnn wrote:
Hades wrote:
blnn wrote:The more money you spend... the more you will be sure forever, no more doubts about "sound quality".

One must have a VERY VERY VERY strong personality to feel good when having a mid range (talking about price, not "quality") equipment in the studio, and be enough satisfied/sure...

So, no doubts when you spend a big amount, the more big, the more safe.
that is, if your room acoustics are ok,
otherwise it don't matter how much money you throw at the whole thing...
Believe me, also in that situation in the room, if you spent a lot of money... you feel safer... :lol:

:roll: ;)
somehow bran, that reminds me of one of the most lucrative products on the market...

I once read that they make these things for almost no money,
and they sell these things to women all over the rich part of our planet,
telling them they'll be "safe",
if I literally translate the words they use for adds over here it would sound like "for a dryer feeling of protection",
and I'm not talking about when they have their periods, just about all the other days of the month.
as if literally they'd almost fall apart if one day they would just wear their knickers without one of those in it,
their whole "safe" world would fall apart, and eventually they would start to desintegrate ! :shock: :? :D

Now, before I piss off some of our female readers : you can all do whatever you want,
there's probably similar products that they sell to us men that are just as stupid. ;)
Go ahead and mention them to us idiot cunts.
(and for what it's worth, it made my mrs laugh when she read my words above entering the room just now)

Just joking bran, but seriously,
you know you're kidding yourself, right ?
I suppose in theory, you could say that yeah, in a bad room, an upgrade from total shit monitors to reasonably good monitors will make some difference,
but it won't mean that much if your room totally sucks. It really won't.
You'll probably fool yourself into thinking it will though, which is probably exactly what you meant anyway,
before I felt the need to blabber away about all that shit above... :lol: :oops:
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

blnn
Gnasher

Post by blnn »

Hades wrote: I once read that they make these things for almost no money,
and they sell these things to women all over the rich part of our planet,
telling them they'll be "safe",
if I literally translate the words they use for adds over here it would sound like "for a dryer feeling of protection",
and I'm not talking about when they have their periods, just about all the other days of the month.
as if literally they'd almost fall apart if one day they would just wear their knickers without one of those in it,
their whole "safe" world would fall apart, and eventually they would start to desintegrate ! :shock: :? :D

Now, before I piss off some of our female readers : you can all do whatever you want,
there's probably similar products that they sell to us men that are just as stupid. ;)
Go ahead and mention them to us idiot cunts.
(and for what it's worth, it made my mrs laugh when she read my words above entering the room just now)

Just joking bran, but seriously,
you know you're kidding yourself, right ?
I suppose in theory, you could say that yeah, in a bad room, an upgrade from total shit monitors to reasonably good monitors will make some difference,
but it won't mean that much if your room totally sucks. It really won't.
You'll probably fool yourself into thinking it will though, which is probably exactly what you meant anyway,
before I felt the need to blabber away about all that shit above... :lol: :oops:
Agree... :)
Well, I have a pair of Behringer Truth 2030A since more than 10 years ago, so I feel safe with almost every piece of crap I have... :lol: but I understand what people think about monitors and gear in general...
Maybe it's not a good idea joking about this. If I could offend someone, please accept my excuses... :oops:

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mattias »

blnn wrote: Well, I have a pair of Behringer Truth 2030A since more than 10 years ago, so I feel safe with almost every piece of crap I have... :lol: but I understand what people think about monitors and gear in general...
Maybe it's not a good idea joking about this. If I could offend someone, please accept my excuses... :oops:
Must say this was really funny!
Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/Mattias.Fridell.Music
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/fridell
Sample packs: http://mfsamples.bandcamp.com

Contention / 005