Moog Sub 37

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
Barskiniov
skaghead
Moog Sub 37

Post by Barskiniov »

Hi,

does anybody have this? is it boring because of it´s mono/paraphony?

Cheers,

Barskiniov

sub_conscious
Get a fucking avatar
Re: Moog Sub 37

Post by sub_conscious »

it is a really great mono synth. super beefy sound. obviously has it's limitations, but certainly isn't boring.

therottencircle
rescued

Post by therottencircle »

I'm about to pull my hair out because i don't know if i buy one or not....
the same question is in my head constantly .. 1500 for "only" a mono synth..
i played it once at schneiders laden .. not long enough to make a discussion i guess

Barskiniov
skaghead

Post by Barskiniov »

Cool thanks for the answers! I am about to sell everything I have to get a used one fpr 1100-1300. Actually I wanted to dive into the modular world, but I think this synth could keep one busy for a couple of days.... fat fat sound... let me now if you bought it rottencircle :)

vazinho
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by vazinho »

I have one. As already said here it has a great fat sound. You will also enjoy the arpeggiator/sequencer it has.

If you're interested in modular too, have you checked out the Moog Mother 32? It's cheaper, smaller and should give you that Moog sound if that is what you are after.

therottencircle
rescued

Barskiniov wrote:Cool thanks for the answers! I am about to sell everything I have to get a used one fpr 1100-1300. Actually I wanted to dive into the modular world, but I think this synth could keep one busy for a couple of days.... fat fat sound... let me now if you bought it rottencircle :)
sure and so you .. let me know what you think about it when i bought it sir ;)
yeah moog mother or sub..
two different choices i have tho.
ist Moog mother sounding like more bass lead stuff? because all of the videos i watched it reminds me of an 303 type of sound

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Post by msl »

Its awesome, if I had the spare cash its the Moog I would buy.
www.bernadettetrax.bandcamp.com
www.soundcloud.com/michaellovatt

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” Dune

yentz
site spammer

Post by yentz »

moog has a very bad customer service. warranty had to be given by reseller according to moog. havin a defective minitaur which just sometimes stops working. gear4music (wankers) could not fix it (took 5 weeks though) and now i am stuck. as great a moog might sound. would never buy again. actually thinking of "visiting" the moog team with a couple of friends next musikmesse.

therottencircle
rescued

:D nice one
let me know i be there for sure :D

1nfinitezer0
Tiesto

Post by 1nfinitezer0 »

My friend is supposed to lend me his for the summer while he's on tour. I've wanted one for a while specifically because of the sequencer and mono/para. I'm thinking of it as a next generation SH101 in that regard, though I recognize that their sounds are quite distinct. Having played with it a bit in jams or collabs with him, I still like it, so that's a good sign, but I'm looking forward to really digging into it's sound further.

crowsbelikecaw
washable

Post by crowsbelikecaw »

I love mine. I'm no expert with it, but I can get lost in it for hours. If someone has the skrilla and digs what they've heard online, I don't know how one could go wrong.

As far as "boring" goes, it's obviously not going to do the things you now it's not going to do, but I find it has enough versatility that I often forget it's mono/para.
#treegang #squirrelset #owlblock #represent

sub_conscious
Get a fucking avatar

Post by sub_conscious »

yentz wrote:moog has a very bad customer service. warranty had to be given by reseller according to moog. havin a defective minitaur which just sometimes stops working. gear4music (wankers) could not fix it (took 5 weeks though) and now i am stuck. as great a moog might sound. would never buy again. actually thinking of "visiting" the moog team with a couple of friends next musikmesse.

agreed -- worst customer service i've ever dealt with. they don't return calls or emails. i certainly won't be purchasing another new synth from them for that reason.

blnn
Gnasher

Post by blnn »

I'm sure it's not boring, in fact... I only have a reason for didn't buy one: money...

aoud
Unfriended

Post by aoud »

Definitely not a boring synth. A real instrument, moog needs to be your thing though. Plenty of other options as well that might fulfill you. I've always been more into Roland or other more "modern" sounds. I do love the physicality and ergonomics of moog though, had a sub phatty for a while, did a lot of great work with it, very responsive and easy to get inspired with.

Barskiniov
skaghead

Post by Barskiniov »

Thanks for answering guys! I have an Blofeld and an MS2000 but I don´t want to sacrifice them...:) I need moneeey, but then, be a doer not a buyer, right?