STAUB 001 – Video World Premiere

General Chat // Music Discussion
MNMT
Pig
STAUB 001 – Video World Premiere

Post by MNMT »

Staub is a well established techno concept in the form of a monthly day party at About Blank in Berlin. Founded by DJ and producer duo I/Y & and a few friends, Staub is now getting ready to release vinyl on their imprint, premiering with Staub 001 this Saturday April 30th. I had one of the masterminds behind the concept, Irakli Kiziria, answer some questions about the release and Staub at large.

Check out the full interview with the guys behind Staub, and of course the wicked video here:

https://mnmt.no/interview/staub-001-int ... -premiere/
--
Monument
Monument is a techno music magazine, community, podcast, event series and festival.

Pelecaras
Lifer
Re: STAUB 001 – Video World Premiere

Post by Pelecaras »

Man..that's one boring record.

Not my idea of techno at all.
FUCK-WIT

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Agreed, good interview, not your standard questions, but the music, despite the nice presentation, is like someone decided that they like mike Parker so much they would copy him and decided "our edge will be to make it more boring". The music s ended up being as anonymous as the black of any titling artist or tracknames (itself already a cliche now. Will everyone perform in some kind of disguise? Maybe a mask or a dark hoodie?)
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Pelecaras
Lifer

Post by Pelecaras »

Lost to the Void wrote:Agreed, good interview, but the music is like someone decided that they like mike Parker so much they would copy him but decided "our edge will be to make it more boring".

Haha...well it's certainly a unique selling point!!!

It's bloody ironic that there's a massive image on the page that says.....boring boring boring boring..........techno.

You can say that again.

Maybe it's a generational thing but I just hate this kind of sludge.

Kudos for getting the interview though but two observations.....techno doesn't need the hype or the attention and what the fuck is a day-party? The freaks come out at night man, my kinda people.
FUCK-WIT

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

A2 and B2 are much more interesting than the 1s.