Into the Scene: Helsinki – With Samuli Kemppi

General Chat // Music Discussion
MNMT
Pig
Into the Scene: Helsinki – With Samuli Kemppi

Post by MNMT »

After dropping an A-bomb on the dancefloor at Monument in Oslo last August, we thought we would catch up with the Finish techno head as the news of him releasing his own label spreads. Samuli Kemppi is an artist with a long and successful career as a DJ and producer, with releases on some of the most influential record labels in the techno music scene. We were lucky to book an interview with him the following week after what seemed to be a pretty busy weekend.

We spoke about how Deep Space Helsinki started, the scene in Helsinki and of course his latest plans for releasing his own label.

Read the full interview here: Into the scene - Helsinki
--
Monument
Monument is a techno music magazine, community, podcast, event series and festival.

HaikoNahm
Unfriended
Re: INTO THE SCENE: HELSINKI – WITH SAMULI KEMPPI

Post by HaikoNahm »

I actually shouldnt feed this promotion crap, but man i have mad love for everything this guy does, very inspirational for me...i really hope to be able to see his live pa some time. Seems to be a really nice down to earth guy too.

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mattias »

Good read. Always quality over at MNMT
Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/Mattias.Fridell.Music
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/fridell
Sample packs: http://mfsamples.bandcamp.com

Contention / 005

MNMT
Pig

Post by MNMT »

Thank you so much guys, glad you like the read.

And i can truly say that Samuli is one of the nicest guys we have had here. We had some good talks about space, the government, the rules, and of course the TECHNO!

A really smart and fun guy - and fuck, hes talented!!!! He played so rough that the whole room became one organism.....
--
Monument
Monument is a techno music magazine, community, podcast, event series and festival.

HaikoNahm
Unfriended

Post by HaikoNahm »

....and his radio show / Podcast, it brings me trough every wednesday at work, even if i don't understand a single word. that smoothing voice :lol:

sorry for the crap btw just found it a bit odd to open 2 threads for single articles.

daunzila
arsehole
Re: Into the Scene: Helsinki – With Samuli Kemppi

Post by daunzila »

Thanks for that, nice read
WTF?!

NAO
Suspect Handshake

Post by NAO »

Yeah, great read. Nice seeing someone doing that type of career decision in their forties with kids and all.

MNMT
Pig

Post by MNMT »

Totally agree, Samuli talked about that when he was here. He wanted to take a turn in is life and give it all to the music :)
--
Monument