Do you still go to techno nights?

General Chat // Music Discussion
Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt
Re: Do you still go to techno nights?

Post by Lost to the Void »

Haha, whilst sporting a 1920''s haircut and a neck tattoo of a diamond?
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Mono-xID wrote:I'll go to see Heiko Laux later at Arena Club. After his set I'll hurry to Tresor for Zadig. Oh, and Sunday morning Jerkhain for Cleric.
Oh man I used to love heiko laux stuff. What's he doing now?
He's still quality nowadays. Saw him last year and it was brilliant so i hope it'll be the same tonght.
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

Chizmata
quasi-public

Post by Chizmata »

Raver john wrote:Or are you a retired raver?
absolutely, i NEVER go out anymore. sometimes i would just for the music, but i HATE the people in the techno scene. i hate the drugs, superficiality, egos and show-offs. i know its wrong because i dont know the individuals. but i cant be bothered to search through all the trash to find the handful of cherries that might be there - and that in just a couple hours of partying.

WOLF!
Grand

Post by WOLF! »

I feel the scene is different then in the 90's but I still go out a few times a year, because i'm still interested.
Only going out a few times a year (to a techno party or club) is nice to stay young and escape the busy life.
Let's call it techno therapy :D .
If I get some offers to play some dj sets or a liveact the frequency will go up :D .

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Wiu wrote:Long retired. I'd literally die if I tried to dance all night now.
they do make perfect stuff that can help you out with being such an old fuck Wiu ! :D ;)

You might die the next day,
but honestly, who cares about the next day ? :D
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Raver john wrote:Or are you a retired raver?
I don't think I ever was a "qualified" raver to begin with.

By the time I pretty much properly fell full-time in love with techno,
I was only going out maybe a handful of times a year.

Now it's been ages, apart from supporting my bitch in Trésors cage in december... :D ;)

Does that really matter though ?
I mean, as long as those who are semi-retired don't go into "in the old days everything was better" mode,
or if they don't think they can join in on a discussion about a recent event they haven't been at in years,
what's the difference, really ?
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

TvSkY
Paul Gadd

Post by TvSkY »

there is not really any techno in this city

even if there was

i am a retired raver

in the old days everything was better

PLUR!

ross-alexander
endless

Post by ross-alexander »

Yes! Can normally still find nights that reflect the music and ethos I like. Must admit I dont chase hype at all so seem to dodge a lot of the gripes people have. That being said I'm pretty easy going and want to hear music loud. There are lots of good nights about still!

bergertron
site spammer

Post by bergertron »

ashley BORG wrote:
ICN wrote:I was going to go to Sunil Sharpe & Karenn in Dublin tonight.. first outing in a lonnng time.

Had to bow out cos of last minute saturday responsibilities that cropped up. Bloody typical! haha
Sunil Sharpe is well worth a night out.

________

I think now I go out once every 2 or 3 months.
Mine is pretty much child care orientated. Although so far this year it's Every month but actually not Techno. Only 1 been Techno. Actually quite refreshing.
very good dj. he worked in spin dizzy is that right? I am from waterford but i remember him trying to push crapping techno records once if its the lad that use to work in spin. I am glad i made my own choice got some deadly hard techno and acid records that day. Think he is playing waterford 2nite. I usually go to european nights that tickle my fancy. Honestly only go to a handful of gigs but make sure its a dj i really want to see

daunzila
arsehole

Post by daunzila »

yeah, i try every month, but is really hard to have "techno nights" around here, maybe thats because i live in a small island, lots of beaches, so house is all around :P

Every now and then we get something, in fact im going rigth now to see this party some kids that i dont know (isnt commom in a small scene like this) are doing, i never heard any of the guys who are playing, so this is something i havent done in a while, lets see how it goes

Oh, in time, nothing against house, i like house but you know...
WTF?!

asm
crud

Post by asm »

After a very long time not going out at all (moved away / had kids etc.), we've started to make the effort to go to the HOG birthday bashes - its good to see and catch up with old friends and "dance" in front of the speakers again.

NAO
Suspect Handshake

Post by NAO »

Yep. :) The scene here in Sweden is very well I'd say, there's at least one good "underground" party each month where I live. Doesn't sound like much haha but to me that's more than enough.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

bergertron wrote:
ashley BORG wrote:
ICN wrote:I was going to go to Sunil Sharpe & Karenn in Dublin tonight.. first outing in a lonnng time.

Had to bow out cos of last minute saturday responsibilities that cropped up. Bloody typical! haha
Sunil Sharpe is well worth a night out.

________

I think now I go out once every 2 or 3 months.
Mine is pretty much child care orientated. Although so far this year it's Every month but actually not Techno. Only 1 been Techno. Actually quite refreshing.
very good dj. he worked in spin dizzy is that right? I am from waterford but i remember him trying to push crapping techno records once if its the lad that use to work in spin. I am glad i made my own choice got some deadly hard techno and acid records that day. Think he is playing waterford 2nite. I usually go to european nights that tickle my fancy. Honestly only go to a handful of gigs but make sure its a dj i really want to see
Yeah man.. That's Sunil. I used to spend a lot of money in Spindizzy ffs. I reckon (like to think anyway) that it was him that used to write the descriptions on the records in there. It was a special place for that alone.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

If anyone's interested I'm pretty much retired.

I was pretty dam active in the 90s and 2000s but with kids, I find nowadays that there are other things on the weekends that I'd rather do.

Having said that I do try to go and check out some house or techno at the Amsterdam dance event once a year, but in all reality, I don't miss those days.... Just in a different phase of life.

onthemake
broke

Post by onthemake »

I seem to have retired from clubbing without realising it. I just don't tend to enjoy the atmosphere in clubs these days. Maybe because I am getting old, but I just find its all a bit too cool for school these days, rather than just losing your shit to the music and having a good time. I don't know why, but when I was still going out regularly (mainly in Manchester so could be different elsewhere) I was never convinced techno crowds were always really into the music. Got the same vibe in Tokyo too, the one time I went out.

Monreal
You only live once

Post by Monreal »

I'm not old (26 actually) after I got my tinnitus I'm scared so I'm only going to my buddies' parties. Even after wearing some proper earplugs my ears ring a lot after the day.

Raver john
Get a fucking avatar

Post by Raver john »

I much prefer going down the pub nowdays.

Better than putting up with all that nonsense.

Thumper
decent

Post by Thumper »

It has to be something special, and the team have to be up for it but generally not so much these days. Also find I dislike crowds even more than I used to. Got a thing about crowds. They can really freak me out if I'm not 100% into the night.

parents
Opposite

Post by parents »

Right now I live in the countryside and there are no techno nights here...so WTF!! I make my own!
I organized a group of willing lads and we do our own parties (most of them private). We re having fun!

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

I go out loads but I am picky about the nights I go to. I don't really seem to suffer from any negative side effects from late nights.

If I don't go out I start really missing it and badly crave going out. I am lucky that I can get down to LDN easily, likewise with Manchester. Sheffield has got some decent nights going on now as well, which is great as I don't always want to be in it for the long haul.