Interesting TV / Shows To Watch.

General Chat // Music Discussion
Barfunkel
Smalahove
Re: Interesting TV / Shows To Watch.

Post by Barfunkel »

Kill Arman!

A Finnish documentary series about an middle aged, overweight, unfit tailor who decides to start practicing martial arts and travels around the world, training different arts and at the end of an episode always fighting a trained practitioner of that art.

Recommended if you're into martial arts and even if you're not. Pretty much the best thing to ever come out of the Finnish television.

No idea if it's on Netflix though. DVD is available, if not.
"I don't shower every day, but when I do, I do it after listening to some Barfunkel" - Anonymous

http://soundcloud.com/user4904810
http://www.mixcloud.com/Barfunkel/

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

bergertron wrote:I have watched the new X-Files I am bit disappointed I must admit. I am currently re-watching X-Files and I am on the second season much better. But there is always a bogey episode here and there with plenty of gems.
Noooooo, I thought it was amazing. I didn't like the episode you are referring to. I love the chemistry between Mulder and Scully. I hope it results in a whole series.

bergertron
site spammer

Post by bergertron »

StacieAnne wrote:
bergertron wrote:I have watched the new X-Files I am bit disappointed I must admit. I am currently re-watching X-Files and I am on the second season much better. But there is always a bogey episode here and there with plenty of gems.
Noooooo, I thought it was amazing. I didn't like the episode you are referring to. I love the chemistry between Mulder and Scully. I hope it results in a whole series.
I like it still because its x-files and its back I am hard core fan since I was a kid. Back in the dy they use to do 25 episodes a season so they could have a few monster of the week style episodes, sometimes funny episodes, develop the character/family type episodes and the Mulder Alien running storys.

but with 6 episodes? thats what I am disappoinedt about . I will happy if there is more to come.

rktic
Utter Cunt

Post by rktic »

I'm currently hooked on Marvels Jessica Jones. With David Tennant as the evil basterd. First doubted it's going to work but...

bergertron
site spammer

Post by bergertron »

Better Call Saul is back best news I heard yesterday

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Erm.. I'm waiting atm to get the original Battlestar Galactica & Galactica 1980 shows on dvd.

Was given the A-Team wooden crate boxset by a friend & have been slowly working my way through them. Sure why not?
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Wiu
Slowy J

Post by Wiu »

ICN wrote:Erm.. I'm waiting atm to get the original Battlestar Galactica & Galactica 1980 shows on dvd.

Was given the A-Team wooden crate boxset by a friend & have been slowly working my way through them. Sure why not?
HELL YEAH! I have the original Battlestar Galactica on DVD. Great series! Never seen Galactica 1980 though.

I just got done watching The Walking Dead Series 1-5. I couldn't remember where I'd seen up to, so I just rewatched 1-4 on Amazon Prime and bought series 5. I love that show. I fucking hate that show too.
Thank you for the laughs, debate, new music found, production tips etc etc over the years. I wish Subsekt and everyone all the best for the future. Wiu.

SigEnt
will fuck for food

Post by SigEnt »

Recently enjoyed television programs view in the past few years (in no particular order)

Awake
Justified
Walking Dead
Breaking Bad
The Wire (probably the best TV series ever).
Better Call Saul
Humans
Boardwalk empire
Spiral (Engrenages in froggy) - seriously this is a must, trust me :)
The Bridge
The killing (US and Danish)
House of Cards

Plus oldies

Smileys People
Cracker
Twin Peaks
The Prisoner (The original, not the remake...... I love this show)

PixelKind
who is it?

Post by PixelKind »

Just watched the pilot for Vinyl. So far its pretty good.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Wiu wrote:
HELL YEAH! I have the original Battlestar Galactica on DVD. Great series! Never seen Galactica 1980 though.

Was telling my son about it., and this one episode, the return of Starbuck, the one where he crashed on the planet & makes friends with a Cylon. It was the only full episode on YT as it turned out. Such a good show. Dirk Benedict is a joy to watch performing Starbuck & Face in the a-Team.

The 1980 series is good but does not have any of the original cast apart from Adama. Set 30 years later, they find earth. Boxy(the boy??) is now a viper pilot & is contacting scientists on earth in an attempt to bring earth technology forward in a controlled way, so that earth can help them defeat the cylons. Some of the crew travel back to the 40's & help the nazi's develop technology as they are the most advanced back then. However, this could help them win the war & cause all the implications that you might expect etc..

It's worth a watch.. But disappointly, I think they never made the last episode FFS. Show got cancelled. Starbuck was to come back & become a seraph / Angel being / one of those from the ship of lights, without faces that you would see helping & guiding the humans in the original series.

Nonsense, but enjoyable. Gentler than the reboot.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Wiu
Slowy J

Post by Wiu »

ICN wrote:
Wiu wrote:

Was telling my son about it., and this one episode, the return of Starbuck, the one where he crashed on the planet & makes friends with a Cylon. It was the only full episode on YT as it turned out. Such a good show. Dirk Benedict is a joy to watch performing Starbuck & Face in the a-Team.

The 1980 series is good but does not have any of the original cast apart from Adama. Set 30 years later, they find earth. Boxy(the boy??) is now a viper pilot & is contacting scientists on earth in an attempt to bring earth technology forward in a controlled way, so that earth can help them defeat the cylons. Some of the crew travel back to the 40's & help the nazi's develop technology as they are the most advanced back then. However, this could help them win the war & cause all the implications that you might expect etc..

It's worth a watch.. But disappointly, I think they never made the last episode FFS. Show got cancelled. Starbuck was to come back & become a seraph / Angel being / one of those from the ship of lights, without faces that you would see helping & guiding the humans in the original series.

Nonsense, but enjoyable. Gentler than the reboot.
I absolutely hate it when TV shows get cancelled and they don't give the show an ending. I just think it's totally unfair to the fans that have watched the show. Fair enough the viewing figures aren't there to make further seasons, but they should at least make a final episode if only to give what they have closure and make it slightly more appealing to watch on streaming channels or buy on DVD etc. And at least fans will get an ending. The biggest crime that I can think of is Firefly. That series is so fucking good but was cancelled. I think most people didn't even know about the show until years later as it was promoted so badly. A guy I used to work with leant me the series on DVD and after watching them you could tell the series had soooooo much more to offer but never got the chance. To be fair, they did make a movie a few years later (Serenity) which kind of gave some closure (and is a good movie) but you can tell the series, had it continued, would of offered a much better story. The 4400 is another series I really enjoyed that was cancelled too soon imo. They did end it at a fairly good point though, not some major cliffhanger.

Anyway, I'm waffling, I'll defo have to check out Galactica 1980.
Thank you for the laughs, debate, new music found, production tips etc etc over the years. I wish Subsekt and everyone all the best for the future. Wiu.

quest
will fuck for food

Post by quest »

yeah just started watching Humans, really good show.

damn UK programming being so much more sophisticated than American programming... wish it was easier to discover the best shows more easily.

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Post by msl »

Just saw Appleseed Alpha, awesome CG sci-fi flick...

youtu.be/sNDb2J6DIwg
www.bernadettetrax.bandcamp.com
www.soundcloud.com/michaellovatt

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” Dune

TuomasG
GET A FUCKING AVATAR!!

Post by TuomasG »

Has anyone here been watching the new Twin Peaks reboot? I'm curious about your opinions.

So far I've watched three episodes and loved it, but I'm such a David Lynch fanboy I can't be considered objective at all. I'm happy they didn't try to recreate the atmosphere of the original series but opted for a darker and more absurd and non-linear storytelling in the vein of later Lynch movies. I really wasn't that fond of the soap opera mixed with the murder mystery in the original series anyway (except that it was a great way to catch the audience off-guard for the most disturbing scenes). The visual style and the atmosphere of the new series reminded me of 'Lost Highway' and 'Mulholland Drive' in particular, which isn't a bad thing at all in my opinion. Interesting to see where it goes!

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

msl wrote:Just saw Appleseed Alpha, awesome CG sci-fi flick...

youtu.be/sNDb2J6DIwg

Sooooo dissapointing.
There has yet to be a decent anime of Appleseed. The original Shirow manga is his best work (better than ghost in the shell), complex and political, very real, with great action.
The anime pretty much is none of that and makes the lead characters waaaaay less interesting and complex. It's Appleseed in name only.
Read the manga books, you won't regret it.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.