Virus B

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
Stace
Classical Approach
Virus B

Post by Stace »

Easy :) I managed to get one of these at the weekend on a long term loan from a friend :) Anyone else got one, how much to you use it etc...

innovine
hmmmmmm...
Re: Virus B

Post by innovine »

I have one, love it, and use it all the time.

WOLF!
Grand

Post by WOLF! »

I had one but didn't like the menu diving interface.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Great synth, loads of knobs so you don`t really need to menu dive very much, nice sound.
Got one in my live PA in fact.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

I am desperate to get home and get on it. I have been hampering after something for so long and it was a serendipitous weekend advantage.

I know it will take me a while to get my head around but I am looking forward to making friends.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

StacieAnne wrote:I am desperate to get home and get on it. I have been hampering after something for so long and it was a serendipitous weekend advantage.

I know it will take me a while to get my head around but I am looking forward to making friends.
It`s pretty straight forward to pick up the workings, you`ll do fine.
New Shit

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

I don't even understand people complaining about the menu diving on a Virus.
I mean, yeah, there are a few menu's, but jezus, try programming some 90's digital synth with no knobs at all for a while, then get bak to the Virus and complain about the menu's.

People are too spoiled nowadays.
They should amputate both hands of those wankers and make them program a DX7 with their toes.
cause that's where the real raw shit is at ! :D
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Wiu
Slowy J

Post by Wiu »

Hades wrote:I don't even understand people complaining about the menu diving on a Virus.
I mean, yeah, there are a few menu's, but jezus, try programming some 90's digital synth with no knobs at all for a while, then get bak to the Virus and complain about the menu's.

They should amputate both hands of those wankers and make them program a DX7 with their toes.
LOL

One day I'll get a DX7, just to experience the pain. I like the pain.
Thank you for the laughs, debate, new music found, production tips etc etc over the years. I wish Subsekt and everyone all the best for the future. Wiu.

Wiu
Slowy J

Post by Wiu »

StacieAnne wrote:Easy :) I managed to get one of these at the weekend on a long term loan from a friend :) Anyone else got one, how much to you use it etc...
Good for you. Never used a Virus myself, but they look like a capable beast.

One thing I never understand though, is people that lend out equipment! Now maybe I'm just a selfish cunt, but I would NEVER lend out any of my hardware. Firstly, some people are just fucking cack handed and will manage to break anything. They just seem incapable of looking after stuff. You only have to look at all the fucked up hardware for sale on ebay to see it. I mean honestly, how do so many people manage to lose fucking manuals, power adapters, knobs, faders etc!?! It's beyond me it really is. And secondly, if I could afford to be without a piece of equipment for ages, I'd simply just sell it, even if it was to the person that wants to borrow it for mates rates or something.

At absolute best, I'd maybe offer someone to come round here to use a piece of equipment where I can keep an eye on them and the equipment. Even then I'd be a little on edge though. I simply don't like to share my toys. Never have, never will!
Thank you for the laughs, debate, new music found, production tips etc etc over the years. I wish Subsekt and everyone all the best for the future. Wiu.

WOLF!
Grand

Post by WOLF! »

Hades wrote:I don't even understand people complaining about the menu diving on a Virus.
I bought it together with a Yamaha an1x while hunting for a VA polysynth and made a deal with myself to only keep one of the two.
It was a personal matter of taste of me not liking the interface. I'm just a weird cunt... .
The Virus got sold but I got something really nice in place so I don't regret it.

Just to inform you Hades, I am hunting for a DX to punish myself :evil: .

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Wiu wrote:
StacieAnne wrote:Easy :) I managed to get one of these at the weekend on a long term loan from a friend :) Anyone else got one, how much to you use it etc...

One thing I never understand though, is people that lend out equipment! Now maybe I'm just a selfish cunt, but I would NEVER lend out any of my hardware. Firstly, some people are just fucking cack handed and will manage to break anything. They just seem incapable of looking after stuff. You only have to look at all the fucked up hardware for sale on ebay to see it. I mean honestly, how do so many people manage to lose fucking manuals, power adapters, knobs, faders etc!?! It's beyond me it really is. And secondly, if I could afford to be without a piece of equipment for ages, I'd simply just sell it, even if it was to the person that wants to borrow it for mates rates or something.

At absolute best, I'd maybe offer someone to come round here to use a piece of equipment where I can keep an eye on them and the equipment. Even then I'd be a little on edge though. I simply don't like to share my toys. Never have, never will!
Depends who you are dealing with.
I have a network of friends and we lend stuff all the time.
My album recently I borrowed a bunch of gear for. Mostly valve amp heads for guitar.

My rave revival album I did last year I pretty much made entirely on borrowed gear. Old akai's and shit.

We all trust each other. Any damage then you pay for a service engineer to fix it. So far no one has needed to do that in over 15 years.
New Shit

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

WOLF! wrote:
I bought it together with a Yamaha an1x while hunting for a VA polysynth and made a deal with myself to only keep one of the two.
It was a personal matter of taste of me not liking the interface. I'm just a weird cunt... .
The Virus got sold but I got something really nice in place so I don't regret it.

That is a bit odd considering the an1x only has 8 nobs and is all about menu diving. Whereas the virus is pretty much nob per function with additional menu diving for more complex stuff.
New Shit

TvSkY
Paul Gadd

Post by TvSkY »

i had a virus b for like a decade and served me well , it even made it on to couple of releases back in the olden days

i recently picked up a indigo 2 cheap . the C has a slightly better knob layout but both are easy .

end of the day they are a (now) cheap and powerful synth that basically sounds good even after all these years . great to have around for the odd patch to throw in or a moment of inspired twiddling

i recently sold my an1x because of the interface . nice sound though . very smooth

WOLF!
Grand

Post by WOLF! »

Lost to the Void wrote:That is a bit odd considering the an1x only has 8 nobs and is all about menu diving. Whereas the virus is pretty much nob per function with additional menu diving for more complex stuff.
I did like the an1x matrix interface more because of the way of programming kinda resembles to my Evolver desktop.
I just made a bit of a odd statement with mentioning the menu diving (like I told already I have something strange going on in my brain). Soundwise the an1x was the winner for me.
But I think Stacie will like her virus B; you gotta try everything in life :D .

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

WOLF! wrote:

take one of these rack or desktop FM units, just for the ultra pain experience ! :D
running an alpha dial with your toes, it must take a while to get used to that ! :lol:

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Wiu wrote:

LOL

just ordered you this one.
you gotta start somewhere...

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Wiu wrote:

My album recently I borrowed a bunch of gear for. Mostly valve amp heads for guitar.

My rave revival album I did last year I pretty much made entirely on borrowed gear. Old akai's and shit.

We all trust each other. Any damage then you pay for a service engineer to fix it. So far no one has needed to do that in over 15 years.
It is one of my oldest friends who has let me have it. He isn't producing at the moment and got so much good stuff out of it he feels like he has run out of things to do with it. It has been sat in storage for 3 years and was literally doing nothing.
He knows I will look after it, use it and get some good things (hopefully) from it. I would do the same thing in his position.

Wiu
Slowy J

Post by Wiu »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Wiu wrote:

Nice!

Wiu
Slowy J

Post by Wiu »

Hades wrote:
Wiu wrote:

LOL

just ordered you this one.
you gotta start somewhere...

:shock:

You didn't even order me a buckets worth of lube too you selfish asshole!! You really did want me to experience the most pain :lol:

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

don't worry, I got some superglue added for free instead !