New members say hello...

General Chat // Music Discussion
surface
Balance
Re: New members say hello...

Post by surface »

Haha, there's no such thing as coincidence in this place! Welcome to Subsekt ..

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

I once stayed in a hotel and I was in room 303. That was nice.

Hey ya guysss :)

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

StacieAnne wrote:I once stayed in a hotel and I was in room 303. That was nice.

Was the room overused and squelchy?

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Friends of mine live on a house with nr 303.

Yep.

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Hi to all btw. Get comfortable and enjoy the show.

PixelKind
who is it?

Post by PixelKind »

Revaron wrote: I'm Aaron and I like techno.
That sounds like we are some kind of self-help group. hahaha

Welcome everyone!

PerStrommen
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by PerStrommen »

A mix of vodka, milk, and some kaluha, ohh no thats white russian. Maybe just vodka, clean and minimal.
StacieAnne wrote:Well hello there :)

Could you please tell me exactly what they put in the water in Sweden?? SO much great music comes from there and I want in :)

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

jordanneke wrote:
StacieAnne wrote:I once stayed in a hotel and I was in room 303. That was nice.

Was the room overused and squelchy?
:lol: It was by the time I left. Joking. I was there on my own.

GRIDSHIFT
GET A FUCKING AVATAR!!

Post by GRIDSHIFT »

Good day everyone,

Gerard here,

I have been inspired by techno music since 2012, since voices from the lakes debut. Currently Im into the sounds of labels such as opal tapes, clergy, dystopian..influences always seem to be in a state of flux...

Been using ableton since 2012..learned most of what I know from mr.bill:)
I feel the need to constantly strive in order to be able to adequately express myself through ableton as a medium and techno as an art form...
Subsekt certainly facilitates that progress...
Feel humbled at the oppurtuinity to be a part of the community..

Cheers :D

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

hi Gerard and welcome !

any music we can have a listen to ?
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

and any idea of your ass-size ? (asking for a friend here)

GRIDSHIFT
GET A FUCKING AVATAR!!

Post by GRIDSHIFT »

am getting around to uploading some of my current productions... the subsekt community would be the first to know..although here is something from a year ago...
https://soundcloud.com/gridshift/rust

Davesaxton
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Davesaxton »

Hi guys newbie here

SFBM
&roid

Post by SFBM »

Davesaxton wrote:Hi guys newbie here
Welcome! :)

Will Frances
Gnasher

Post by Will Frances »

Hi All,

Took the plunge and signed up. Great forum here, nice to meet like minded people and trade some thoughts and ideas. I make a lot of electronic music and am working towards a more refined and experienced sound. I take influence from things that make me think. No real concrete heroes as my influences seem to constantly change.

Ive Been producing for 2.5 years. Not sure what standard my music is at, labels seem out of reach. I work as a sound designer and dubbing mixer.

If anyone would like to collab or exchange back and fourth, please don't hesitate to shout me.

Heres some stuff...

https://soundcloud.com/will7frances

Bit more ambient
https://soundcloud.com/will7frances/sets/the-place

Cheers all
¯\_(ツ)_/

HaikoNahm
Unfriended

Post by HaikoNahm »

Hi!

Just a quick hello, been doing some producing for some time now, moved from house to techno over the years, and got a lot more serious about it the last 2 years. i manage to make quite decent techno vinyl mixes by now (and had the oportunity to do so in a club in my hometown hamburg once so far) , got myself a nice starter setup OTB over the last year & aim to put out quality stuff asap, hope this nice little place has some inspiration from time to time :) cheers

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Will Frances wrote:Hi All,

Took the plunge and signed up. Great forum here, nice to meet like minded people and trade some thoughts and ideas. I make a lot of electronic music and am working towards a more refined and experienced sound. I take influence from things that make me think. No real concrete heroes as my influences seem to constantly change.

Ive Been producing for 2.5 years. Not sure what standard my music is at, labels seem out of reach. I work as a sound designer and dubbing mixer.

If anyone would like to collab or exchange back and fourth, please don't hesitate to shout me.

Heres some stuff...

https://soundcloud.com/will7frances

Bit more ambient
https://soundcloud.com/will7frances/sets/the-place

Cheers all
¯\_(ツ)_/
it's quite clear you know your sound design, which is a thing that always makes me happy.
If there's any reason why I ended up in techno, it's because it has the best sounds going on,
or at least, the right kind of techno has. :)

I've just been going through all your tracks, and there's some really decent stuff in there man.
If I'd have to say anything critical about your tracks, then it would have to be that sometimes it's even a bit too obvious that you like sound design,
because the main sounds are great, but you keep putting in little things here or there that are great, but sometimes distract the listener from the main part of the track too much.
Like a young jazz musician playing too many notes before he gets older and learns to leave more stuff out so he gets down to just the basics.
And you're not young anymore, you're just too enthousiastic about sound ! :D
But at least that's a nice antidote compared to most tracks with only the same kind of sounds going on all the time.

great to have you here man ! :)

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

HaikoNahm wrote:Hi!

Just a quick hello, been doing some producing for some time now, moved from house to techno over the years, and got a lot more serious about it the last 2 years. i manage to make quite decent techno vinyl mixes by now (and had the oportunity to do so in a club in my hometown hamburg once so far) , got myself a nice starter setup OTB over the last year & aim to put out quality stuff asap, hope this nice little place has some inspiration from time to time :) cheers
welcome mate !

any tracks apart from DJ sets ?

HaikoNahm
Unfriended

Post by HaikoNahm »

Hades wrote:
HaikoNahm wrote:Hi!

welcome mate !

any tracks apart from DJ sets ?
I did this a few years back:

https://soundcloud.com/haikonahm/lusthus

since then my taste completly changend from smallville'esk house to techno, and i spent some time learning the propper techno-vinyl-mixing skills (not because i think it must be that way, just because i wanted to & i think it's more fun for me ;) )....i also wanted to go completly out of the box, so spent the whole of 2015 saving for them little boxes (no modular --- so far 8-) ) & actually started 2 weeks ago trying to produce techno with it..quit challenging to do everything live but i have a feeling its gona be my thing & a lot of fun...i try to go in a developer/tensal etc kinda direction but who knows where it will end...when i have something good enough i will post it here for expert opinions :idea:

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

yeah I listened to that track, it was way at the bottom of your SC page

but I was hoping for aything more recent, doesn't matter if it's techno, house, ambient,... :) ;)