Interesting TV / Shows To Watch.

General Chat // Music Discussion
iggyfog
Unfriended
Re: Interesting TV / Shows To Watch.

Post by iggyfog »

bergertron wrote:Red Dwarf deserves a mention one of my old time favorite comedies since I was young. 2 new seasons coming out over the next 2 years also.

Father Ted is class also seen the Christmas special recently. Fav episode is when Brendan Grace is in it listening to jungle music.

bergertron
site spammer

Post by bergertron »

iggyfog wrote:
bergertron wrote:Red Dwarf deserves a mention one of my old time favorite comedies since I was young. 2 new seasons coming out over the next 2 years also.

Father Ted is class also seen the Christmas special recently. Fav episode is when Brendan Grace is in it listening to jungle music.

I had my fun and that's all that matters..

youtu.be/xVywuwMRaCQ

Pelecaras
Lifer

Post by Pelecaras »

Red Dwarf was a favourite of mine too, used to go to school the next day quoting every line with mates.....

My favourite line is Lister's in polymorph "I say we get out there and TWAT it"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
FUCK-WIT

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

I am all out of things to watch so anything new and decent, please let me know.

I am not sure if I already posted but I really enjoyed Man In The High Castle :)

Wiu
Slowy J

Post by Wiu »

StacieAnne wrote:I am all out of things to watch so anything new and decent, please let me know.

I am not sure if I already posted but I really enjoyed Man In The High Castle :)
I'm on episode 4 of this. Seems quite good so far.
Thank you for the laughs, debate, new music found, production tips etc etc over the years. I wish Subsekt and everyone all the best for the future. Wiu.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

In in mourning..

Finished watching the final episode of The Wire.

Hate when enjoyable shows end.. But at least there's a conclusion. An end. I like that.

So many good moments & great characters. Last series, no.5 , was a bit farcical at times.. But I'd still highly recommend it.

I was genuinely left guessing so many times watching these 5 seasons, only to be completely wrong as to how shit was gonna play out. Brilliant acting & writing. So many layers of backstabbing & double dealing. The streets, the government, newspapers & police., they all had so much in common.

Good show.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

ICN wrote:In in mourning..

Finished watching the final episode of The Wire.

Hate when enjoyable shows end.. But at least there's a conclusion. An end. I like that.

So many good moments & great characters. Last series, no.5 , was a bit farcical at times.. But I'd still highly recommend it.

I was genuinely left guessing so many times watching these 5 seasons, only to be completely wrong as to how shit was gonna play out. Brilliant acting & writing. So many layers of backstabbing & double dealing. The streets, the government, newspapers & police., they all had so much in common.

Good show.

ABSO fucking LUTELY !!!!!!!!

I've said it for years : The Wire is one of the most complete series you can ever find.
The way it handles poverty/social injustice/schooling systems/drug trafficking/media/...
is totally unique.
And they've done such an outstanding job to make all these aspects intervine together with one another.
My jaw still drops when I simply think of it. :shock:

Such a perfect series, and so SO socially important in our day and age, no matter if you don't live in Baltimore/Bodymore. :)
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

btw, if anyone has seen series one of True Detective,
and they are planning to perhaps watch series 2

please, by all means, you will only face massive disappointment.

My mrs got paid for a translation job recently with a big gift cheque, so we literally had to find stuff to buy so not to let this thing go to waste,
but yeah, we're at 70% of the season now,
and man, is that just one massive fuck up of a series compared to the 1st season.
Really shallow characters, very poor scenario, no real "threat" (apart from the soundtrack, which is still ok),
just fucking boring and predictable as hell !!
All 3 characters together don't even come close to 50% of the performance of Woody or Matthew in series one...
man what an utter disappointment..

don't waste your time on this one,
just don't.

bergertron
site spammer

Post by bergertron »

Hades wrote:btw, if anyone has seen series one of True Detective,

My mrs got paid for a translation job recently with a big gift cheque, so we literally had to find stuff to buy so not to let this thing go to waste,
and man, is that just one massive fuck up of a series compared to the 1st season.
Really shallow characters, very poor scenario, no real "threat" (apart from the soundtrack, which is still ok),
All 3 characters together don't even come close to 50% of the performance of Woody or Matthew in series one...

just don't.

Bollax to you, :-P

True Detective Season 2 is great. Each Season is to be a story of a True Detective Genre and by no means should be compared from each other as they are there own thing.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

bergertron wrote:
Hades wrote:btw, if anyone has seen series one of True Detective,

just don't.

Bollax to you, :-P

True Detective Season 2 is great. Each Season is to be a story of a True Detective Genre and by no means should be compared from each other as they are there own thing.

FUCK YOU YOU DIRTY IRISH CUNT, DON'T YOU KNOW I'M ALWAYS RIGHT ?????!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: ;) ;)

I'm gonna watch the last episode of season 2 this evening.
It says a lot about the whole season that we've actually stopped watching yesterday evening at the end of the one but last episode.
When I first watched season 1, I watched the whole thing in less than a day.
When I watched it the 2nd time, I still watched it in less than 3 or 4 days, and the only reason I didn't finish it sooner was because I watched it with the mrs.

of course I know every season is a totally different story,
but I'll gladly repeat what I said : even when you throw together all the acting of all main characters in season 2, you don't even get anywhere close to the performance of Woody or Matthew.
Vince Vaughn is mostly irritating as hell, for example, and Taylor Kitsch (does one seriously wanna become a professional actor with a surname like that ??) does his very best to come close to VV's performance.
We constantly had to rewatch little parts here and there because the scenario wasn't clear at all, and had more holes than a normal kitchen sieve.

Seriously, this season doesn't touch me at all, while after I had watched season 1, I felt as if I had been fistfucked non-stop by King Kong for a year or two...

The only thing I'll admit is that FINALLY after the 5th episode or so, it gets better.
But yeah, there's only 8 episodes in total, so... :cry:

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

you know what I always admire in films/series ?
the way they have to make the viewer "believe" a certain character,
the way they have to give as much info about their personal or private life to the viewers without making it come across as totally "forced" or unnatural.

This is a really hard thing to do, you know ?

And they totally failed to do so in the 2nd season,
in fact it isn't before the 5th episode untill you actually learn a bit more about some of the main characters,
making them a lot more less shallow than in the first couple of episodes.

bad scenario, mediocre acting (at best !!), not at all a mise-en-scene like the 1st season,...

scamartist
Chernobyl

Post by scamartist »

Get the HD version of The Wire.

Watch the lot in a glorious televisual binge and then when its finished burn your TV.

Nothing else will ever compare and yes, that includes Breaking Bad.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

scamartist wrote:Get the HD version of The Wire.

Watch the lot in a glorious televisual binge and then when its finished burn your TV.

Nothing else will ever compare and yes, that includes Breaking Bad.

I agree, apart from the 1st season of True Detective :D

but The Wire was a lot more complete because all it's 5 seasons had their own story to tell.

it was 5 seasons of a non-stop high level.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

btw scamartist, don't you think one track in your sig might just be enough ?
just a thought !

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Narcooooooooos

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Alume wrote:Narcooooooooos
nu ben ik echt niet meer mee JJ
(ben maar domme vlaming hé ;) )

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

Alume wrote:Narcooooooooos
I found it boring and proper slow, it was "ok"

bergertron
site spammer

Post by bergertron »

FUCK YOU YOU DIRTY IRISH CUNT, DON'T YOU KNOW I'M ALWAYS RIGHT ?????!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: ;) ;)
go fuck yourself you bellend :-P

bergertron
site spammer

Post by bergertron »

I have watched the new X-Files I am bit disappointed I must admit. I am currently re-watching X-Files and I am on the second season much better. But there is always a bogey episode here and there with plenty of gems.

Wiu
Slowy J

Post by Wiu »

Gotta love the X-Files. Classic series. Got the new series on series record so I can watch them all in one go. I loath having to wait a week for each episode. No spoilers please!

I just got done watching the first 4 series of The Walking Dead. I couldn't remember where I'd watched up to so just started the whole series again. Got the bluray of Series 5 on its way. Great series imo although I hope they don't go too '24' and kill off all the main characters so it just comes down to 1 or 2 main characters that you give a fuck about. That's what kind of killed 24 off in the end I think.
Thank you for the laughs, debate, new music found, production tips etc etc over the years. I wish Subsekt and everyone all the best for the future. Wiu.