Cyber Monday/Black Friday purchases

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
OHADOHAD
decent
Cyber Monday/Black Friday purchases

Post by OHADOHAD »

Sooooo... what did you buy? any recommendations before sales ends?

I kept it simple this year... got only PSP N2O, pretty cool modular fx processor.
No Bass Lines For Me!

arkos
Re: Cyber Monday/Black Friday purchases

Post by arkos »

To many to list really, no Christmas presents from me to anyone this year :o Well except for myself that is :mrgreen:

If ya need mixing/mastering tools get some Brainworx in your life for 99$ I'd say.

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Post by msl »

Yeah I kinda went overboard this year... started a few weeks ago... I need to stop... but very happy with some of them.

MJUC
SPL De-Verb & Free Rangers
Unfiltered Audio Sandman
BX Saturator v2
Maag EQ2

Plan on adding NI Polyplex to that list...
www.bernadettetrax.bandcamp.com
www.soundcloud.com/michaellovatt

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” Dune

OHADOHAD
decent

Post by OHADOHAD »

How's Unfiltered Audio Sandman?
was thinking about this one...
No Bass Lines For Me!

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Post by msl »

OHADOHAD wrote:How's Unfiltered Audio Sandman?
was thinking about this one...

Pretty awesome so far, only messed around with it a little bit. The bit crusher is nice. Was on sale €29.

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” Dune

winston
unsure

Post by winston »

i grabbed the Soundtoys 5 bundle. i couldn't justify it to myself at full price, but the discount made it now or never. nothing else made it past the 'do i really need it?' test.

arkos

Post by arkos »

OHADOHAD wrote:Sooooo... what did you buy? any recommendations before sales ends?

I kept it simple this year... got only PSP N2O, pretty cool modular fx processor.
This thing is pretty awesome, really gets things moving quite nicely. I'm good now no more plugins this year, well maybe tremor :roll:

OHADOHAD
decent

Post by OHADOHAD »

added Unfiltered Audio Sandman and bx_boom (it was 9 USD with 20% off...).
That's it for this year.. I think...
No Bass Lines For Me!

rktic
Utter Cunt

Post by rktic »

Got a Samsung Evo 850 500GB SSD for 136 EUR.

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

msl wrote: Plan on adding NI Polyplex to that list...
Great choice. I've been all over it since I got Komplete, just feed it your own samples and youre good to go. I really recommend S-Layer by Twisted tools if you like it as well. It covers similar ground, but s-layer is great for longer fx type noises.

tsaro
Lifer

Post by tsaro »

Got Studio Devil Virtual tube preamp and AAS Chromaphone.
Got the serial for the first one tonight, and it does not disappoint.
how far do you want to go

tsaro
Lifer

Post by tsaro »

double post
how far do you want to go

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Post by msl »

OHADOHAD wrote:added Unfiltered Audio Sandman and bx_boom (it was 9 USD with 20% off...).
That's it for this year.. I think...
Ha yeah thats what I said but got Polyplax and the N20 upgrade too... now I'm done!

Planar wrote:Great choice. I've been all over it since I got Komplete, just feed it your own samples and youre good to go. I really recommend S-Layer by Twisted tools if you like it as well. It covers similar ground, but s-layer is great for longer fx type noises.
Yep, thats exactly why I bought it to use with my own library! Its fun, I love the interface, really inspires experimentation and strange combinations... happy I bought it.

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Post by msl »

OHADOHAD wrote:added Unfiltered Audio Sandman.

Its pretty cool, definitely not your normal delay, can get very fucked up pretty fast, some nice granular effects to be had.

Markus Wolf
reverse genius

Post by Markus Wolf »

rktic wrote:Got a Samsung Evo 850 500GB SSD for 136 EUR.
Nice!!! This is probably one of the best upgrades a producer can do to his production computer. Im running an iMac here. The HD inside is running at like 7200rpm so its not the slowest or the fastest but it does the job. I almost pulled the trigger on the 850 evo 500gb this black friday. For the iMac mid 2010 you need to either run fan control software or replace the temperature probe when replacing the old HD. Im thinking im going to be doing this upgrade in the spring. How much faster is youre computer now that youve installed the HD?

rktic
Utter Cunt

Post by rktic »

It is amazingly fast. Booting the PC takes 15 seconds until everything is loaded and ready to work. PDFs open in an instant. The only downer right now is that my entire audio software isn't installed on the ssd - going to upgrade that one as well soon. But Ableton and projects also benefit a lot from the SSD already.

Btw, if you're on Windows with normal discs and don't run the controller in AHCI mode yet:

You will find some registry tweaks to activate AHCI as well as a MS hotfix online. The thing nobody tells you in those forums and posts: the boot order of HDs in the bios will change. The outcome: the system won't boot. If you run into the same issue, make sure to adjust your boot order accordingly.

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Luftrum has 50% sales. Not sure what they offer but got the mail anyways.