Nobnog - Hard Times (47.2)

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
nocernoc
unsure
Nobnog - Hard Times (47.2)

Post by nocernoc »

ooookay guys. the last one was a stuff up. think this ones a little better. dunno. you be the judge. anyway, it's a bit of a tribute to the old days i'm afraid. just came out like that. not me!

mattie
refusenik
Re: Nobnog - Hard Times (47.2)

Post by mattie »

Aint got enough time now to do some proper listening,on quick preview it reminds me in a way of early hardwax- missing channel ,good result

nocernoc
unsure

Post by nocernoc »

thanks for the comment. didn't know about missing channel till you mentioned it. i looked it up. i did like rob hood and especially claude young. so there's quite a bit of influence there. anyway the track is updated. i updated the arrangement and added a few fills here there for a little more interest. i would like to vary the synth a bit more, but it's only got the filter to mess around with and even that only makes it more or less sustained. i think it's because i'm sending a lot of it to the envelope generator.

nocernoc
unsure

Post by nocernoc »

okay updated again. it still a bit of an abomination and outdated sounding but the i think the structure is a little better and the recording isn't too bad. let me know what you think. maybe smoke a little pot before listening. :)

nocernoc
unsure

Post by nocernoc »

another update. fixed some errors in the midi sequencing and the arrangement. this track is also now a FREE DOWNLOAD (320 kbs). link is in OP. the track isn't mastered. it may be distributed freely but only nobnog is allowed credit for writing and production.

nocernoc
unsure

Post by nocernoc »

okay guys, another one. this one's actually an edit of the one in OP so i think they'll go under an ep; a "Hard Times" ep. this is the B version and it is also unmastered so the levels may sound a little low.

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Not keen on the hat at all.

The rest I really like, a lot. Especially at 3.40. Although it could be missing a pad or something to fill up some of the low end, as the kick is boomy, maybe too reverbed?

Can't really say more than that. Minimal, but totally keeps me sucked in for the whole 5 mins.

nocernoc
unsure

Post by nocernoc »

yeah, it was pretty badly balanced. well i've updated it with fixes for the probs you suggested. namely, changed the kick to a harder more present one; not filtered. last one was filtered right down. also repositioned the hat and layered it with something else. re-levelled the whole thing so it's a bit clearer and louder. noise comes from tape emu. thanks for the help.