My software recommend of the year.

Hardware & Software Discussion // New Products & Advice
msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Re: My software recommend of the year.

Post by msl »

Well I just can't seem to resist these €9 Plugin Allience offers... SPL De-Verb bought now too... help.

www.bernadettetrax.bandcamp.com
www.soundcloud.com/michaellovatt

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” Dune

arkos

Post by arkos »

msl wrote:Well I just can't seem to resist these €9 Plugin Allience offers... SPL De-Verb bought now too... help.

Lol, I can't help myself either need to set this credit card on fire! Just bought Photosounder, Magic A/b and harmor. And before that Diva, Sdc and three Brainworx plugins. I'm gonna be bankrupted after this :o

arkos

Post by arkos »

God damn this SDC thing is awesome, smashing break's with this is just wicked sounding!

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Yeah, it`s an amazing soft comp for sure, it knocks the shit out of a good deal of hardware too unless you are prepared to spend serious money.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

borg
Lifer

Post by borg »

arkos wrote:smashing break's with this is just wicked sounding!
forgive my ignorance, but some of the producer jargon is still beyond me. what are you suggesting?
Andy
the lunatics are in the hall...

arkos

Post by arkos »

borg wrote:
arkos wrote:smashing break's with this is just wicked sounding!
forgive my ignorance, but some of the producer jargon is still beyond me. what are you suggesting?
Driving it real hard with a old funk breakbeat running through it, pretty much maxing out the gain with high ratio setting and it sounded lovely!

yentz
site spammer

Post by yentz »

Looking for a good compressor and coloring plugin for my drum bus. I tried the plugin alliance spl vitalizer mk ii which does a really nice job in terms of enhancement and coloring but doesn't give a decent compression (maybe I just didn't get it though) and is quite pricey.
Is any of the ones mentioned above to do a similar good job? As they also offer compression it might be a good investment - just don't want to end up buying and then buying the pricey plugin alliance ones afterwards and not using the cheap ones anymore.
What would be a nice solution for compression and coloring on the drum bus (electronic music - breaks and 4/4)?

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Have you actually read this thread?
New Shit

yentz
site spammer

Post by yentz »

Yes sure I did. I am just a bit confused as there are 2 plugins recommended. Both are really attractive regarding their price. I am not sure which one would be suited better. I also read on other threads that you referred to some way more expensive plugins if you had to choose one. Now I would like to have a compressor for my drumbus (and others as well). As I don't have nearly the experience as others here and I am glad if I can manage to get the settings working ok I am not able to tell which one Sounds "best" (i know there is no best). Now comparing those to some of plugin alliance would you say they are absolutely great value for their price or do they stand the probably unfair comparison to products that cost 10-20 times as much?
Just asking. I think supporting indi devs is great. Got 2 valhallas and the Satson console Emulation.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

I don`t recommend shite.

SKNote SDC blows away most other software for it`s compression in terms of sounding "real". It`s better, in my opinion, than the UAD version of the SHMC which this is based on.

Don`t assume just because a company charges big dollar that it`s plugins are any good. Look at waves, they charge a mortgage for their crap, and a lot of it is way behind the competition on quality.

There is no such thing as a "best" compressor. If you want to reduce it to a comparison between the SDC I recommended here and the stuff plugin alliance has, then the plugin alliance has nothing to compare with the SDC, so it`s difficult. In terms of getting the type of sound I like and talked about originally in this thread, I would say the Vertigo VSC gives a very real musical sound, but it still lacks the livelyness of the SDC.

The SKNote Disto, again, has nothing to compare it to at plugin alliance. It`s a really really fun compressor, though you can go too heavy.

MPressor is a lovely compressor, but it`s ultra clinical, not so much a Mojo machine.

I can`t really recommend a compressor for your drum buss if you don`t know what you are really looking for.

Your DAW will have perfectly good drumbuss compression, learn to use that, then when you find the elements you like, try some other compressors and see if they do what you like. Pretty much all compressors will work on a drum buss, it depends what type of compression and sound you are trying to achieve.
New Shit

yentz
site spammer

Post by yentz »

Thanks for your answer. That is exactly what I wanted to know. Gonna try the ones recommended and see how they sound.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Mattias wrote:Thanks for the recommendation, I've been hoping it would be good really. Been lacking good optos in software world.

Did you also per chance try Klanghelm Mjuc? It's Vai-Mu style and its also a killer.
I bought it this week.
It`s bloody great.
The guy took 2 years to develop it!!! you can tell.
The mk2 is my fave at the moment, it`s super musical, I`ve given it a whirl on the mix bus and it really does a nice job.

It`s worth taking the opportunity to big up Klanghelm

Amazing plugins, super affordable prices, and no shitty copy protection.
Tony is a great guy, and it feels good giving him my money and praise.

http://www.klanghelm.com/MJUC.php
New Shit

yentz
site spammer

Post by yentz »

Thanks for the recommendation. Bought mjuc and disto yesterday. Didn't have too much time so I only could check mjuc instead of glue on my drum bus of a finished project and it does sound really nice (especially mk3 with some drive) as far as I can tell.

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mattias »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Mattias wrote:Thanks for the recommendation, I've been hoping it would be good really. Been lacking good optos in software world.

Did you also per chance try Klanghelm Mjuc? It's Vai-Mu style and its also a killer.
I bought it this week.
It`s bloody great.
The guy took 2 years to develop it!!! you can tell.
The mk2 is my fave at the moment, it`s super musical, I`ve given it a whirl on the mix bus and it really does a nice job.

It`s worth taking the opportunity to big up Klanghelm

Amazing plugins, super affordable prices, and no shitty copy protection.
Tony is a great guy, and it feels good giving him my money and praise.

http://www.klanghelm.com/MJUC.php
Yeah, Tony deserves it all. Great guy, great plugins for cake money.
Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/Mattias.Fridell.Music
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/fridell
Sample packs: http://mfsamples.bandcamp.com

Contention / 005

samnatur
sad bastard

Post by samnatur »

The Mangle by Sound Guru is a really nice little granular synthesizer.

It's great for making pads out of small little samples.

ggroove
brown envelope

Post by ggroove »

Sknote's SDC got a DRY/WET implementation and improved meters.

from facebook:

"SDC (Stereo Double Compressor) VST/AU updated online! This is probably the most powerful compressor for mixing and mastering. Now even more powerful with a new Dry-Mix feature for sample-aligned parallel compression! Get it now on www.sknoteaudio.com (NOTE: AAX versions being released in a couple days). Write "SDC" in the Search field on www.sknoteaudio.com for tutorials and presets."

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

Funny, I actually got this just a couple of days ago. Opto mode is really good at killing harshness and resonances on synths. The transformer saturation is pretty good aswell.