arkos
Virtual reality music controller, huh?

Post by arkos »

If this will not make it through the campaign I will blame you all ! :mrgreen:

Look's like drum programming will never be the same;

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/52 ... ic-playing

surface
Balance
Re: Virtual reality music controller, huh?

Post by surface »

Pretty cool...
Is that his real name; Arny B. Arnold?

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Was pretty excited to see this as I'm looking for a 3D instrument to access my whoopee cushion sample library.

Gonna pledge the max amount. I like to eat dinner.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

arkos

Post by arkos »

I find this thing interesting to say the least but the prices they are asking are ridiculous really. I hope it get's made though since I totally fucking suck at finger drumming. And if the price isn't sky high I think I'll buy this just for having some fun and getting down some serious grooves :D

Koichi
Wastedddd

Post by Koichi »

hmmm not sold - something about it all just says "scam"!! I dunno why! Call me a skeptic.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Skeptic :)
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Koichi
Wastedddd

Post by Koichi »

ICN wrote:Skeptic :)
Hehe I may well be!! Would be cool to see an unboxing/demo vid of someone actually making music with it. It's just because of all these campaigns I've seen not able to deliver because of quality check fails, bad manufacturing etc.

surface
Balance

Post by surface »

Yeah, or a vid showing how to midi map it. Agree with above. A lot of people can present a great idea but that's only 10% of it ..

quest
will fuck for food

Post by quest »

this doesn't have anything to do with virtual reality. it's a 3d sensor combined with leds on a circular surface.

i think we will find increasingly more uses for 3d sensors in the years to come, but only with good visualization either in 3D on a monitor, or else in actual virtual reality with something like an oculus rift. with 3 axes of control, you will need to visualize what you're doing to have any real control.

the trend i've noticed is that there are a lot of companies that will have to accept that they are the awkward stepping stones to actually usable technology - this happens generation after generation.

i'd put this device in the same category as Leap Motion which is now suffering a similar fate.

arkos

Post by arkos »

quest wrote:this doesn't have anything to do with virtual reality. it's a 3d sensor combined with leds on a circular surface.

i think we will find increasingly more uses for 3d sensors in the years to come, but only with good visualization either in 3D on a monitor, or else in actual virtual reality with something like an oculus rift. with 3 axes of control, you will need to visualize what you're doing to have any real control.

the trend i've noticed is that there are a lot of companies that will have to accept that they are the awkward stepping stones to actually usable technology - this happens generation after generation.

i'd put this device in the same category as Leap Motion which is now suffering a similar fate.
Yeah I think I might have been brainwashed by the promotional video, could just buy a regular drum midi controller and start banging :D

quest
will fuck for food

Post by quest »

Don't get me wrong, we really gotta keep innovating. I remember trying to get the Roland D-beam to sound anything other than a digital mosquito and had a hard time with it. Was a telltale sign the MC line wasn't quite up to snuff with the TR line.

The breakthrough stuff comes and goes in waves. Some incredible stuff is coming... :)

arkos

Post by arkos »

quest wrote:I remember trying to get the Roland D-beam to sound anything other than a digital mosquito and had a hard time with it. Was a telltale sign the MC line wasn't quite up to snuff with the TR line.
That MC product line was epic fail :lol: And now they bring out "boutique" which look like their made for smurfs or something...:D Roland seem not to be able to get it quite right after the 80's :|

Koichi
Wastedddd

Post by Koichi »

arkos

Post by arkos »

HAHAHAHA! :lol:

quest
will fuck for food

Post by quest »

noooooooo waaaaaayyyyy this is a parody of a real thing.

man people will buy anything

surface
Balance

Post by surface »

Haha, funny stuff! ..

quest
will fuck for food

Post by quest »

btw fyi i will try and release an actual VR music controller next year if i can pull it off on the side of other things.

basically you'd go inside your own custom-made 3-axis joystick datafield in VR and sculpt the automation curves you want in virtual space with controllers or just with your hands. you would need a bunch of hardware like Oculus and Kinect or something like that. we'll see. but it'll be cool.