Chabo - Gemini 2

Post by chabo »

getting closer or not?

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt
Re: Chabo - Gemini 2

Post by jordanneke »

It's sounding pretty good. The sounds are pretty dam techno. It does sound a bit too reverb-laden to me.

In fact I think it's washed in way too much reverb, the main rolling synth needs to be in the forefront a bit more.

The noise that comes in every so often (the pant-ripping one) is too loud.

I'd take the reverb down some, and then perhaps a bit more.

chabo
non reader

Post by chabo »

Thanks!

Yes it's cracy with reverb... But that is to hide the kick and bas *don't tell anyone*

So I will go back to the kick and bas, when My ears can hear the revervb again!!!!

Over and out earth

Dust Layer
leper

Post by Dust Layer »

I like the sound design and your choice of sounds.
The mix needs more mid frequencies for my tastes.

Best part from 3mn28 for me, good stuff!

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

I like the kick and the background pads. The bassline sounds a bit too static for my taste. Also the closed hats sound a little too quiet / thin, I think.

quest
will fuck for food

Post by quest »

this is definitely in my kind of range of sound. i would take something like it and work with it in a set, for sure.

but haha it reminds me of a funny story. i had booked Blind Observatory to play our release party for Reclaim Your City 003, and he was saying about how a lot of acts coming into Berghain would play some really reverb-laden material, but because the space has so much reverb as it is, it would be double reverb and the whole thing would all sort of mash together. The residents know better of course and play a kind of crisp and punchy techno that saturates well in the gigantic space.

so I would probably organize a track like this into my "thick" tagged DJ tool section and play it at a small room event where people still want the set to go deep and heavy. this is great material for that kind of situation.

this is the third time i find myself saying this in feedback - if you like to make building blocks (I don't like the term "DJ tool" at ALL!) then something like this is great and already finished. if you want to make tracks that play alone, maybe there is a chance to build up to something etc.

but man listening through your other sounds, there are some tough tough grooves in here like gemini and K3, i would work with these grooves in a heartbeat.

i think we come from the same background as i was also doing the psy thing for a really long time haha.

the grooves are great it all depends where you want to go with them - develop individual tracks more to release on their own, or build your own kind of live set where you don't have to worry about that as much.

if anything i'd say shift the focus to your synth sections - for this kind of tough, psytech style techno sound that i like a lot too, a really spacey synth like omnisphere is a great choice (i use omnisphere about as much as my analog poly, and those two give me most of what i need)

quest
will fuck for food

Post by quest »

man let me know if you are going to make some of this stuff available. i will definitely support.

Smith & King
broke

Post by Smith & King »

Sounds nice man, good kick to use, a bit more bass/mid bass would help i think