Interesting TV / Shows To Watch.

General Chat // Music Discussion
Críoch
subsekt
subsekt
Interesting TV / Shows To Watch.

Post by Críoch »

Sky + box all the way.

Been thinking for a while about sharing some interesting stuff I've seen or am planning on recording. Never know.. Others might be interested too :)

Watched a fantastic documentary last night that I recorded on Saturday called 'The Magic Of Mushrooms' on BBC4. Ok, you can see what they've done with the title, but the presenter discussed all the uses of fungus.. Food / cheese.. antibiotics., alcohol.. Detergents / washing powder.. Styrofoam packaging alternatives., cancer treatments. Aside from being one of nature's binmen / recycler.. Disposing of dead material, their influence on our life is pretty amazing when you think of it.

The worlds largest living organism is a mushroom colony in the states. It's about 2000 years old & over 2500 miles sq in size. The honey cap or something.. An aggressive kind of parasitic mushroom.

Appearantly on the timeline of life.. Mushrooms continued on the same path as animals / us for about 10m years after plants broke away, before they split off to form their own seperate path.

Fucking cool show.

---------

Love bbc4. I've been watching it more & more recently. Have doc's to watch on oil - planet oil.. Finished watching music for misfits , the story of indie . That was cool., looking at factory records, rough trade, creation etc..

It's a great channel. Recently seen programs about restoring Edwardian chip show deep fat fryers ( yep ) , there's a show coming up about the late Les Dawson, & then Terry Wogan ( could be funny / how long do these guys have left on earth? ) & I like watching anything with Dr Lucy Worsley. She gets very excited about history & is good entertainment. Tales From The Tour Bus .. Following the story of bands & roadies from the 1950's - 80's/90's. The Secret Life Of a Rubbish.. Landfills , consumerism & Thatcher's privatisation.

There's a huge variation of subject matters.

There was a fantastic season about Pop Art & a series called 'What Do Artists Do All Day' .

Such a diverse station. Love it.

99% of TV bores me tbh.. But I do like picking out stuff to watch when I have some time.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt
Re: Interesting TV / Shows To Watch.

Post by Críoch »

Great shows on bbc4 tonight.

The science of Dday. Attenborough & the giant egg. Darwins struggle: The evolution of the origin of the species (seen it before).

Tomorrow night, there's an interesting one about old school British wrestling / big Daddy & giant haystacks. Seen it before as well.

Keep it random!
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum

Koichi
Wastedddd

Post by Koichi »

ICN from your interest in the mushroom TV documentary I can tell you must be a real FUNGHI!

I don't have a TV precisely so I don't watch TV - I do watch one tv show regularly online - The Walking Dead and Fear of the Walking Dead. Zombie show. Really good. It's not educational/docu but explores what human nature is - what happens when society, everything we know as social structure is stripped away and life is pure survival.
(For this reason my favourite genre is post apocalyptic SCI-FI or apocalyptic SCI-FI)

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Sorry mate.. Forgot to reply back in here. Aye, I'm a fungi alright. A real good spore-t :)

Glad too see other folks stalking about TV on here.

bergertron
site spammer

Post by bergertron »

The Leftovers - Fantastic
Fargo - Just watched first episode of second season so not sure what I think but first season was great.
The last man on Earth - Funny stuff love it.
Narcos - Really good
Hannibal
Just a few things I am watching at the moment.

Wiu
Slowy J

Post by Wiu »

Storage Hunters.
Thank you for the laughs, debate, new music found, production tips etc etc over the years. I wish Subsekt and everyone all the best for the future. Wiu.

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Post by msl »

Top of the Lake
Aquarius
Mr Robot

www.bernadettetrax.bandcamp.com
www.soundcloud.com/michaellovatt

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” Dune

Hepta
I Love YOU!!!

Post by Hepta »

I second Narcos too, much better than True Detective imo. Pablo's actor is fucking excellent. A must see!

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

I will second, third, and 4th Mr Robot. Best thing I have seen this year with some of the best writing I have recently seen.

Hannibal was also great. So beautifully shot. I loved the fucked up metaphors they would just throw out there, beautiful and brutal at the same time.

bergertron
site spammer

Post by bergertron »

I forgot to mention Mr Robot best thing ever and I work in It Security all the tech is correct can't flaw any of it. Not just someone banging on a keyboard. They take the piss of Hackers film too ha

CRDM
hmmmmmm...

Post by CRDM »

Yeah Mr Robot is very good, though I felt like it was better in the first few episodes than towards the end, still rad though. Narcos is really good, seen a few episodes and it's really well done.

The 2nd season of Rick and Morty just finished, if you've not seen that I'd highly recommend watching them through, it's a cartoon that's really loosely based on the doc and marty from back to the future and it's great!

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

bergertron wrote:I forgot to mention Mr Robot best thing ever and I work in It Security all the tech is correct can't flaw any of it. Not just someone banging on a keyboard. They take the piss of Hackers film too ha
*boring fact* they actually made Rami Malek type all his own stuff to make it more authentic.
CRDM wrote:Yeah Mr Robot is very good, though I felt like it was better in the first few episodes than towards the end, still rad though. Narcos is really good, seen a few episodes and it's really well done.
I felt totally the other way around about Mr Robot, I like it from the start but just over half way in, boom, it got really good for me.

Patriek
Mititei

Post by Patriek »

Narcos all the way :)
Enjoyed House of Cards also, and Orange is the New black.
Don't try for perfect, it's never enough
https://hearthis.at/patriek/
http://www.soundcloud.com/patriek

Wiu
Slowy J

Post by Wiu »

Destroyed In Seconds
Thank you for the laughs, debate, new music found, production tips etc etc over the years. I wish Subsekt and everyone all the best for the future. Wiu.

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

House Of Cards is good, I didn't like the 3rd series as much (yeah, I call it a series still)

Really feeling the new Homeland as well.

sub_conscious
Get a fucking avatar

Post by sub_conscious »

on the comedy tip there is this really great under the radar show called OTHER SPACE. it's produced by yahoo and created by paul feig and casted by allison jones. super funny. basically a low-budget "office" comedy in space.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Lilyhammer - Essentially Silvio from Sopranos goes on witness protection to a small gentle town in northern Norway, and, well, basically takes over. It`s fucking hilarious, occasionally brutal, touching and just a fantastic clash of nordic and american culture. Nothing else like it.

The Bridge - Great Nordic Noire cop show. Essentially a murder investigation involving 2 countries joined by a sea bridge (sweden and denmark). But it`s a labrythine story, very dark, and the two cops partnered (one, a female swedish investigator/supercop with aspergers, the other a rough at the edges, troubled danish cop with lots of issues) are fascinating as their relationship develops. Really well written, beautifully shot, and something that could only come out of the Nordic nations.

(there`s a trend here, I don`t like american TV much).

Braquo - Ultra hard hitting french thriller series about a highly corrupt and fucked up special unit in the french police force. The drama is about how these guys get themselves out of a really really fucked up situation, will they/won`t they get caught. Are they bad/good? Things get insanely over the top after the first series, but it`s compelling, and very very french.

The Fear - 3 part bbc drama about a brighton kingpin villain who is coming down with altzeimers, and how it effects his oncoming war with albanians moving on to his turf. Just amazing. Peter Mullen is one of the greatest actors we have over here (just see Tyrannosaur to be convinced) and anything he is in is a very compelling watch. This is essentially a very clever way of dealing with a horrible ailment in a dramatic context, and Mullen is perfect as a man under siege from his own mind.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Anime series. Really well written, not what it first appears to be, gets darker and darker and darker. Absolutely epic.

Daredevil: I thought this would be a stupid superhero thing, but it`s really good, gritty, some comedy to lighten it up, Vincent D`Onofrio is a wonderful Villain. A great series.

Secret State: Really great british political drama about a prime minister thrust into the backroom world of government corruption and the military/industrial complex.

Peaky Blinders - You probably know about this, if not, it`s really good. Crime family drama set in late 1800`s. So good.

Small time gangster - Hilarious dark short series about a heavy/leg breaker in an australian crime syndicate who has a crisis of identity.

Orange is the new black, I second, although the latest series is not up to standard and lacks direction.

Psycho Pass - another anime series with a great concept, again, pretty dark, violent, but quite clever.

It`s always sunny in philadelphia: I just love this show, the most objectionable assholes on TV. It`s all worth it purely for the episode where Danny Devito takes too much acid and ends up shitting himself whilst standing in a dustbin.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Evert
who is it?

Post by Evert »

Braquo sounds like a french version of The Shield.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Evert wrote:Braquo sounds like a french version of The Shield.
Whilst I loved the shield, they are not really similar in any way other than corrupt(possibly) cops are involved. It`s not an ensemble piece like the shield was for a start.
Even though it goes more over the top than the shield in places, it still feels a whole lot more subtle, the characters less of a cliche.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Evert
who is it?

Post by Evert »

I see. I'm definitely going to check it out. Thanks for the recommendation.