SFBM - Speedhands (WIP)

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
SFBM
&roid
SFBM - Speedhands (WIP)

Post by SFBM »

Latest track I'm working on, have been working on it on and off in the last few weeks here and there, Had an all night production session with fellow producer/forum user 'Alter-Mind' where we both churned out a track each and sent them off as demos to a local Melbourne Techno label here called 'Machine' , organized some remixers (One of which did a remix for my debut EP that's out in a few days) and the next day we got a response back from the label owner saying he'd like us to release on his label, so we're pretty stoked!

I have a bunch of things here I Need to work on, I need to add some more coherent breakdowns and tighten up the breaks, elements need some better EQing and to fit into their own frequency ranges, levels and mixdown needs work (possibly stereo field, too); but other than that I primarily need to do a bunch of volume and filter automations on each element in the track, and add some modulations to each main polyrhythmic pattern, add some alternate patterns here and there to switch up the sounds. Possibly shift some elements forward and back to give it a bit of drive.

Would love some feedback, guys!

Dust Layer
leper
Re: SFBM - Speedhands (WIP)

Post by Dust Layer »

Good stuff!
I like this kind of track, good dancefloor material.
About the mixdown i think the cymbal at 4mn30 is too loud (and i don't like too much that kind of cymbal here, sounds too oldschool maybe in that context)
But the whole thing is good for me.

kertikristof
Wastedddd

Post by kertikristof »

I really like this, it gave me a goood head nodding session ;)

If you keep this kind of fuck you in your face style, i mean you melt my face with those ugly snareclaps or what are They, i would add some harsh fx noizes/ crashes before the New element kicks in. Or without fx starting the New thing at a bit lower Volume.
So i would go like *bzz crysss ccccsiiiiisseiii fvrfadaxa aaaa* at around 1:20, then take off this harsh thing and let the bass speak for itself (which i like very much) and then do again some kind of *bzz cizzz* hits before that bastard clapsnare. Maybe with shitload of rverb to bring in some stereo feel, but then just cut the noise down and let the clap give you the feeling of something outer space.

I Hope you get what i want to say, anyways I really like this so far with this go hard or fuckoff style ;)
https://intech.studio <- Modular MIDI controllers, MaxForLive devices, DIY Eurorack panels and intech life.
@ https://www.instagram.com/intechstudio/

mr.chielos
Gnasher

Post by mr.chielos »

The crashes don't really fit the track, but otherwise, killer!
like the long intro also.