Lag
athlete
Drum samples

Post by Lag »

Looking for a drum pack that might contain sounds like these:
http://audiojungle.net/item/epic-drums-2/11927278
http://audiojungle.net/item/epic-percussion-2/10259905

Anyone knows a good sample pack?
I've been trying to move away from the classic percussion elements for a while, but don't really feel like going all Voidloss on it (making my own and stuff).
You have to systematically create confusion, it sets creativity free. Everything that is contradictory creates life.

Planar
subsekt
subsekt
Re: Drum samples

Post by Planar »

Cinematic drums! I love this kind of stuff.

The Apocalypse drums pack you can buy from the Ableton site is quite close to what you want, I think it's sold separately as well but it's quite expensive if you do that (and probably more expansive). Plenty of single and ensemble drum hits in the collection.

Hepta
I Love YOU!!!

Post by Hepta »

Native Instruments have this thing called Damage for Kontakt thats similar to this. It's more destructive in it's sound but a bit overpriced imo.

Wiu
Slowy J

Post by Wiu »

8Dio and Soundiron are well worth checking out for Kontakt instruments. I don't have any of their drum/percussion instruments but other bits I have from them are great. Also, I got Taiko 2 (kontakt again) by 9Volt Audio a few years back and that's awesome.
Thank you for the laughs, debate, new music found, production tips etc etc over the years. I wish Subsekt and everyone all the best for the future. Wiu.

Lag
athlete

Post by Lag »

Thanks people!
You have to systematically create confusion, it sets creativity free. Everything that is contradictory creates life.

Evert
who is it?

Post by Evert »

It's not a secret on here anymore, but freesound.org is another option.

I check it out regularly and have found some cool stuff one there.

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Post by msl »

Grab the old Doru Malaia percussion sample packs they are all free now...

http://www.freewebs.com/dorumalaia/

www.bernadettetrax.bandcamp.com
www.soundcloud.com/michaellovatt

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” Dune

Lag
athlete

Post by Lag »

I bought Damage and the Apocalypse drums just now. I can't seem to find where I can buy Taiko 2 and other people seem to have the same problem judging from their fanpage. Any ideas?

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

How is Damage, Lag? The demos sound right up my street, but its a fair amount of cash to lay down. Do you get much control to twist the sounds inside the Kontakt interface?

Lag
athlete

Post by Lag »

No idea just yet tbh. I wanna change the style up a bit for after the EP I'm working on right now so can't spare time to try it out just yet. From the Youtube demos I think it will be the one I use the most tbh.