Artists with a musical personality

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt
Re: Artists with a musical personality

Post by Mslwte »

Lost to the Void wrote:It`s a fine line between artists with a unique soundprint, and artists that just essentially sound the same and make the same tune again and again.

Most of the guys I dig have already been mentioned.

I would add Female, but he doesn`t make music any more, but you can always tell his grooves and rhythms.

Mulero had quite strong personality in his stuff too, but it skirted around that fine line of personality/always the same
female is a great artist. his grooves are some of the best i have heard.

cristian vogel is another who has a great groove to his music.
https://soundcloud.com/mslwte
https://noizefacilityrecords.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/subsekt909
https://www.facebook.com/subsekt909/
Lost to the Void wrote:Fuck off, get some tequila down ya neck and make some noise you cunt....

Wiu
Slowy J

Post by Wiu »

I love this track so much, I actually cuddle up to the sleeve when I spin it from time to time....

youtu.be/XOKCpCkf1Es
Thank you for the laughs, debate, new music found, production tips etc etc over the years. I wish Subsekt and everyone all the best for the future. Wiu.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Mslwte wrote:
Lost to the Void wrote:It`s a fine line between artists with a unique soundprint, and artists that just essentially sound the same and make the same tune again and again.

Most of the guys I dig have already been mentioned.

I would add Female, but he doesn`t make music any more, but you can always tell his grooves and rhythms.

Mulero had quite strong personality in his stuff too, but it skirted around that fine line of personality/always the same
female is a great artist. his grooves are some of the best i have heard.

cristian vogel is another who has a great groove to his music.
Yeah peters beats were sick, wish he would make techno again.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

gedda
Metric Martyr

Post by gedda »

Love Female especially his early stuff.

Dust Layer
leper

Post by Dust Layer »

True yes, but do you think it's done on purpose sometimes to use the same sounds to be more recognisable?

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Personally I think it`s a little bit of lazyness
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Hepta
I Love YOU!!!

Post by Hepta »

What about Robag Wruhme? I like how he blends between the acoustic and electronic soundscapes. Especially in Thora Vukk album.

youtu.be/jKDoqmjhDAM

dasmany
Unfriended

Post by dasmany »

Ashamed to admit but I did not know Female.. Now there is some catching up to do.

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mattias »

Mike Parker.

Like it or not.
Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/Mattias.Fridell.Music
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/fridell
Sample packs: http://mfsamples.bandcamp.com

Contention / 005

innovine
hmmmmmm...

Post by innovine »

Basic Channel/Rhythm and Sound, Dub FX, Burial, Biosphere, Shpongle, Photek, Portishead (apart from that new crap), and of course, not only did he find his own sound, but he invented his own genre where he reigns, alone and uncopyable, the amazing Ryoji Ikeda. If you've not heard, I recommed a full beginning-to-end listen to album Dataplex. On good equipment. It is a treasure of sublime and incomparable elegance.

Subicecom
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Subicecom »

For me, Drexciya.

skan360
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by skan360 »

new electronic stuff from Thom Yorke is pretty well for me

aliasweber
Unartful

Post by aliasweber »

for me, aril brikha. i guess people are a bit divided over his output over the last 5-8 years, moving into a more trancey territory, but he still has a definite signature to his sound imo. apparently he's almost 100 % ableton these days, from what i can gather from the videos he shares on instagram/facebook, but he has added a TR8 to his setup. also, i think shed has a pretty unique sound, but that may also come down to my ignorance of what is out there. he's also 100 % ITB, but not sure which DAW he uses.

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

aliasweber wrote:for me, aril brikha. i guess people are a bit divided over his output over the last 5-8 years, moving into a more trancey territory, but he still has a definite signature to his sound imo. apparently he's almost 100 % ableton these days, from what i can gather from the videos he shares on instagram/facebook, but he has added a TR8 to his setup. also, i think shed has a pretty unique sound, but that may also come down to my ignorance of what is out there. he's also 100 % ITB, but not sure which DAW he uses.
I don't get it. Are you saying it's surprising that ITB producers can sound unique? They're just tools. Hardware, software, it doesn't matter, it's the creativity of the individual.

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

This mistake is so common. I know that a lot of people think that all those good artists sound good because they use hardware instead of software.

As a result they buy all this hardware and end up with basically a bunnch of hardware.

aliasweber
Unartful

Post by aliasweber »

Planar wrote:
aliasweber wrote:for me, aril brikha. i guess people are a bit divided over his output over the last 5-8 years, moving into a more trancey territory, but he still has a definite signature to his sound imo. apparently he's almost 100 % ableton these days, from what i can gather from the videos he shares on instagram/facebook, but he has added a TR8 to his setup. also, i think shed has a pretty unique sound, but that may also come down to my ignorance of what is out there. he's also 100 % ITB, but not sure which DAW he uses.
I don't get it. Are you saying it's surprising that ITB producers can sound unique? They're just tools. Hardware, software, it doesn't matter, it's the creativity of the individual.
no, that's not what i meant by that at all, but see why it came out that way. it was just a side note, came to think about what they were working with as i was writing the post.

dasmany
Unfriended

Post by dasmany »

aliasweber wrote:
Planar wrote:
no, that's not what i meant by that at all, but see why it came out that way. it was just a side note, came to think about what they were working with as i was writing the post.
just sayin'

What You Do With What You Have

JDFS
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by JDFS »

alva noto, Actress, Plant43, Machinedrum, Peter van Hoesen.

TomasHD
slipper

Post by TomasHD »

I think probably one of the guys that had a lot of personality in techno music, is Regis from Sandwell District. The guy has a very interesting and authentic sound. He actually shaped what is called the Birmingham techno sound.

And I would say that Burial, in terms of music personality, you just by hearing his raw and gritty sound, you will know is him.