RIP Adam Kelly

General Chat // Music Discussion
msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
RIP Adam Kelly

Post by msl »

Very sad to hear of my friend Adam Kelly's passing, some of you probably know him especially the Irish heads. He ran the Technotic nights in Dublin for may years and produced some fine techno. Rest in peace Adam, you've left us far far too young.

www.bernadettetrax.bandcamp.com
www.soundcloud.com/michaellovatt

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” Dune

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt
Re: RIP Adam Kelly

Post by Críoch »

Jeesus fucking christ man.. I was on the phone there when I read this & had to end the call. I never met him but chatted to him a few times on FB. Seemed like a cool guy. Shit.

Can you talk about what happened Michael? Understand if not.. Terrible news regardless. Bloody hell. Feel very sad.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

brian
slipper

Post by brian »

Thats terrible news, met him a few times, very sound fella and made some great tracks, RIP Adam

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Yeah.. I really enjoyed his music.

Was considering buying a MC303 from him at one point but didnt bother in the end as a MC303 is not something that anyone needs haha. But its still something that I will probably end up buying 'one day' - irrational I know. REALLY wish I had of bought it from him now.

Terrible news.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Post by msl »

He was a great lad, he through some great parties. And he was getting a new ep ready...

Don't want to say too much on the how and why, he was going through some rough times lately is all I know.

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” Dune

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Tragedy. Too young.

bergertron
site spammer

Post by bergertron »

Didnt know him. But sad too hear. RIP

Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mslwte »

It's very sad,

I have to ask, Has someone close to him confirmed this? It just that there is a post on his Facebook page on Friday about his laptop dying, and then people are posting R.I.P afterwards.
https://soundcloud.com/mslwte
https://noizefacilityrecords.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/subsekt909
https://www.facebook.com/subsekt909/
Lost to the Void wrote:Fuck off, get some tequila down ya neck and make some noise you cunt....

bergertron
site spammer

Post by bergertron »

I seen Baz(Rhythm Tech) and Jamie Behan post about it on Facebook

parents
Opposite

Post by parents »

Didn't know him in person but I like his music. RIP

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mattias »

The hell, too many nice techno fellas going down recently.
Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/Mattias.Fridell.Music
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/fridell
Sample packs: http://mfsamples.bandcamp.com

Contention / 005

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Post by msl »

Mslwte wrote:It's very sad,

I have to ask, Has someone close to him confirmed this? It just that there is a post on his Facebook page on Friday about his laptop dying, and then people are posting R.I.P afterwards.

Yes it is. Maybe I shouldn't of posted about it here but I felt Subsekt is a tight enough group of like minded people. I also figured at least if you didn't know him you could hear his music.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

I guess death appears to be even more sudden & unexpected when you have online activity next to a grim report. Some comparison.

Such a shame.

Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mslwte »

msl wrote:
Mslwte wrote:It's very sad,

Yes it is. Maybe I shouldn't of posted about it here but I felt Subsekt is a tight enough group of like minded people. I also figured at least if you didn't know him you could hear his music.
No harm in posting it at all my friend.
https://soundcloud.com/mslwte
https://noizefacilityrecords.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/subsekt909
https://www.facebook.com/subsekt909/
Lost to the Void wrote:Fuck off, get some tequila down ya neck and make some noise you cunt....

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Post by msl »

Well there is also the unspoken side to me posting this I guess, the personal issues many people struggle with in silence. I'd venture to say its rather common esp in the techno scene possibly because of the lifestyle, habits, consumption, etc attached to it...

chrome-metronome
Unartful

Post by chrome-metronome »

It was a bit unnerving the way it unfolded online. But I guess this is the world we live in. If it was 20 years ago, I suppose I wouldn't have found out until ages after, and bumped into an old friend somewhere. But I did find it a bit sad that the news spread like wildfire, and I guess now the whole Dublin > Techno crew have intimate details of Adam's death that are really only necessary for close family.

Me included, I knew him, but not super well, but whenever people like this pass I always have such mixed emotions. I related well to Adam. We moved in the same circles, but outside of circles at the same time, and I respected the guy very much. Nothing will change that respect, I just hope his bro and family are managing well.

Kellioso99
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Kellioso99 »

This is a pretty old forum, So this comment is probably arriving a bit late..

However i dont like the fact that this comes up as the second thing to be viewed when my brother's name is put into google.

I agree with chrome metronome about the way things like the news of my brothers passing spread like wildfire and create the online gossiping is unnerving. Its ok to pay your respect but being nosey and asking details just to know is wrong.

Adam was a living legend, and will be eternally respected and missed. And i couldnt relax until i had made it clear that the foolish comment made making any similarity between my brother and a suicidal "broken" recluse mentioned above are wrong...

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Post by msl »

I started it, so you can blame me if you want. It was only meant as a tribute, as a few people on here knew him and shared the love of techno with him.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Yeah I don't think this thread is meant as anything other than paying respects.

Adam was valued by the techno community, for what it is worth.
His life touched a lot of other lives, stretching out into the international techno diaspora, his energy and passion was good for the community as a whole, and I think we all feel a little shock and a tiny bit of loss when "one of our own" passes.

Please don't take this thread the wrong way, I'm pretty sure no one here at subsekt would want to upset any of Adams family, and offer our condolences for your loss.

Whatever happened with Adams passing, it brought sadness with it, but his life had meaning, and that is why so many were talking about it.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

I don't want anyone to be upset.. If you would prefer Kell to have the thread deleted, let me know. It's up to you.

Just to let you know also.. We have ranks, titles under people's names which change relating to the number of posts/messages. It's just a very small tribute, one of them is 'Technotic'. People are genuine about his passing. RIP Adam.

Appreciate you getting in touch, so please do let me know what you'd like to do.