women talk

General Chat // Music Discussion
msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Re: women talk

Post by msl »

Hades wrote:yes, a younger man (barely 24). funny shit, no ?

Music is the love of my life :)

But yeah she was the love of my life back then, took a long long time to get over her. I just told her basically I'm glad she has a nice family and great kids, that she probably made the right choice as I was more wild and couldn't have given her the 'text book' family life. Then I said its nice to talk to you again but I really don't want to see all you happy family photos since she was one of the few regrets I have in my life. She disappeared off Facebook soon after.

If she had said she just got divorced my reaction would of been different, and I would of probably gone to to see her, but she was still with the guy she choose over me so. I just know that she invested in her kids as any mother does, and now that they are growing up she'll be left with the boring guy she married, an accountant says it all really.

www.bernadettetrax.bandcamp.com
www.soundcloud.com/michaellovatt

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” Dune

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

msl wrote:
Hades wrote:yes, a younger man (barely 24). funny shit, no ?

Music is the love of my life :)

But yeah she was the love of my life back then, took a long long time to get over her. I just told her basically I'm glad she has a nice family and great kids, that she probably made the right choice as I was more wild and couldn't have given her the 'text book' family life. Then I said its nice to talk to you again but I really don't want to see all you happy family photos since she was one of the few regrets I have in my life. She disappeared off Facebook soon after.

If she had said she just got divorced my reaction would of been different, and I would of probably gone to to see her, but she was still with the guy she choose over me so. I just know that she invested in her kids as any mother does, and now that they are growing up she'll be left with the boring guy she married, an accountant says it all really.

Michael, just get back in touch with her. She's divorced, FFS !!!
Come on man, just go for it !!!

Us older men, while waiting for the diapers and incontinence to arrive (god I hope I'll never live to see that day), :D
we know from experience that in life, when you look back,
it's not about what you have done, but about what you haven't done.

So if you say it's the love of your life, and you have serious regrets about the situation, and she's divorced, then please, just fucking go for it already !! :)
You'll probably need some blue pills and so, but that's ok, anyone with shares in pharmaceutical companies will be very grateful !! :D ;)

Seriously though, I totally recognize your story about saying "no" to a girl cause you just knew you were "no good" or "too wild" (whatever that means) for her.
Man, some day, many many moons ago, I found myself with a gorgeous girl in my arms at the Sacré Coeur in Paris around 2AM,
and she was crying, and I had to explain to her "look, you know that us two will never be any good, right ?" :|

to (try and) make a long story short : some day she and her (female) friend came by my place when I was still at univ,
to ask about my best friend's behaviour towards her friend.
At that moment I gave her a small compliment about her having really great eyes.

Approx. 6 months later we were at some cantus, and we ended up making out at the end of the evening.
Next day she came by my place, clearly explaining how she had a boyfriend, but he was on Erasmus and all that (as if I even intended to have a relationship with her).
Damn, shit happens when people are totally drunk, no problemo. :)
I even highly doubt there ever was such a boyfriend, but that's a detail that doesn't matter in retrospect.

Anyway, fast forward to like another 6 months later, and we (a small crowd of our extremely small faculty) go to Paris for a weekend.
There must have been like 10 guys and all of them were swearming around her like flies. (after all, she was really good looking)
Two days earlier I had a huge (and highly personal) fight with my best friend, so obviously my mind was elsewhere during the biggest part of the weekend.

Anyway, on one of the evenings we played this "dare/drink" game (or whatever it was called) with the whole group, and she was constantly giving me "tasks" during the game.
After the game we all went to have a walk, and since our hotel was only like 200m away from the Sacré Coeur, of course we ended up there.
So eventually, she went down one part of the stairs, and I did the same (detecting something was wrong),
and next moment I knew, she was crying all over, and I had to take her into my arms, trying to comfort her,
while she was saying "why do you ignore me all weekend ?"
"uhm, I didn't ignore you, I just have other stuff on my mind really"
"but you do, all the others don't ignore me"
"uhm, I'm sorry, but it isn't because all the others chase you around that I'm ignoring you"

anyway, I then asked her if she had any feelings for me that I didn't notice, and if that had been going on for a while (as I said earlier, I kind of felt something was wrong),
and she said it all started when I gave her a compliment about her beautiful eyes.
Damn man, that must have been like 1,5 years earlier ! :shock:
Just one simple sentence...

but yeah, I just told her "look, you just know that the two of us is no good"
kind of felt like putting a sharp knife right in the middle of her heart,
especially considering she had a crush on me for the last 1,5 years,
and the location was highly romantic (even though the Sacré Coeur turns into a criminal dealer place at night),
but yeah, I figured it was my duty somehow to tell her I was no good for her.

She eventually married some more civilized person, and now has 2.3 children...
Only 3 days a year I actually regret it, but yeah, the actually telling some gorgeous girl "look, I'm too wild for you" or whatever, that really stuck to me... :|

so, msl, you seriously want her to get back together with an accountant ???
come on now, you know better than that ! ;)
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Kolloid
tense

Post by Kolloid »

Hades wrote:
I swear, if I wasn't so intelligent and extremely modest, :mrgreen:
I would almost think I was Dutch because the Dutch have such better sense of humour than the Flemish.

Every time I hear someone talk about a Belgian stand-up comedian, I always sigh and think
"seriously dude, you honestly thinks that's funny ?? fuck man, watch Hans Teeuwen or Theo Maasen or fucking every episode of Jiskefet !!"

The Dutch are FAR more superior when it comes to comedy, hands down !!
The only series that was ever at any decent standard, was "in de gloria", a fucking pure cult series by now over here.
I have heard teenagers over here almost fanatically talk about these series, and when I said "gents, wasn't that really before your time ?"
they said "reruns, sir !" ok, grrrrrreatt !! :D
Hmm, as a Dutch person I sometimes believe the precise opposite of what you just mentioned. While we have some outstanding comedians and shows (Jiskefet indeed!), the Belgians never fail to make me laugh. For example, compare the Belgian versions of 'De slimste mens' and 'Mag ik u kussen' to the Dutch ripoffs. While the Belgian shows are hilarious, the Dutch ones fail to be funny in any way. And you've got to admit that Belgian stand-up has great performers (Wim Helsen?)

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

All this woman problem talk just makes me reflect how different we are.

I mean, I seriously devote large parts of my free time thinking about who would win in a fight...

Two chimps vs One gorilla
Sean Bean vs Robert Carlyle
Harvey Keitel vs Joe Pesci
Angry circus bear vs Chewbacca (without weapons)

I very much doubt that my wife would even consider if it were Harvey Keitel in the Bad Lieutenant or Taxi driver.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Kolloid wrote: Hmm, as a Dutch person I sometimes believe the precise opposite of what you just mentioned. While we have some outstanding comedians and shows (Jiskefet indeed!), the Belgians never fail to make me laugh. For example, compare the Belgian versions of 'De slimste mens' and 'Mag ik u kussen' to the Dutch ripoffs. While the Belgian shows are hilarious, the Dutch ones fail to be funny in any way. And you've got to admit that Belgian stand-up has great performers (Wim Helsen?)

well, I have been living without cable tv for 19+ years now, so shows like "de slimste mens" and "mag ik u kussen" have largely gone by.
But to be honest : the few times I was at my parents place, and watched them by accident, I really hated them.
all the supposedly "spontanious" but in reality well timed jokes.
all the time everybody laughing with those same "similar type" stupid jokes...

nah man, no offence, but stuff like "de slimste mens"
pfff..... I run away screaming after 5 minutes

I do agree Wim Helsen is one of the few exceptions in the Belgian stand-up comedy world...
but that's because he's so different from all the others.
nothing macho, nothing aiming to please, nothing wanting to be the funniest guy ever with this guy...

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

jordanneke wrote:All this woman problem talk just makes me reflect how different we are.

I mean, I seriously devote large parts of my free time thinking about who would win in a fight...

Two chimps vs One gorilla
Sean Bean vs Robert Carlyle
Harvey Keitel vs Joe Pesci
Angry circus bear vs Chewbacca (without weapons)
1 gorilla
Sean Bean
depends on who took the most coke
angry circus bear

there, now quit losing time meandering about stupid stuff like that and send me a Rochefort 10 asap !!!

you are more lazy than the Greek FFS !!!

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

having said that...
my mrs just came home and it appears she bought me 2 rochefort 10's in our local supermarket...

willemb
Mild

Post by willemb »

msl wrote: Music is the love of my life :)
When I was single for about 8 years, i used to say i was married to music, but occasionally cheated on music with girls. I was in a relationship for 2 years, single again, I feel like I need to make up to music now.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

willemb wrote:
msl wrote: Music is the love of my life :)
When I was single for about 8 years, i used to say i was married to music, but occasionally cheated on music with girls. I was in a relationship for 2 years, single again, I feel like I need to make up to music now.
music is soooo much easier to understand...

PixelKind
who is it?

Post by PixelKind »

Less jealous too ;)

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

yeah, you can have many synths at the same time and they won't be jealous of each other

A.M.Smith
Face Hugger

Post by A.M.Smith »

even our cats are all female

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Post by msl »

Hades wrote:Michael, just get back in touch with her. She's divorced, FFS !!!

:) you misread my post she's still married with 2 kids... otherwise of course I would of gone to see her.

www.bernadettetrax.bandcamp.com
www.soundcloud.com/michaellovatt

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” Dune

Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mslwte »

Hades wrote:yeah, you can have many synths at the same time and they won't be jealous of each other
You can buy new synths and they won't even notice
https://soundcloud.com/mslwte
https://noizefacilityrecords.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/subsekt909
https://www.facebook.com/subsekt909/
Lost to the Void wrote:Fuck off, get some tequila down ya neck and make some noise you cunt....

Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mslwte »

A.M.Smith wrote:even our cats are all female
I have a wife and 2 daughters and a female cat. They've got shit locked down
Lost to the Void wrote:Fuck off, get some tequila down ya neck and make some noise you cunt....

Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mslwte »

PixelKind wrote:Less jealous too ;)
Na not in my house lol quite the opposite. Helena hates the fact that id rather spend time making a noise than family time. Which isn't strictly true but that's not how she sees it. I'll quite happily spend time with them as long as I can get some music in as well haha

A.M.Smith
Face Hugger

Post by A.M.Smith »

Mslwte wrote:
Lol...I feel you man... I don't think it is an accident that the two semi-stray cats we feed and shelter are both boys, they have to stay outside though. I'm just waiting for my marching orders to move into the garage.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

msl wrote:
Hades wrote:Michael, just get back in touch with her. She's divorced, FFS !!!

:) you misread my post she's still married with 2 kids... otherwise of course I would of gone to see her.

FUCK, I did.
my apologies (and sympathies !)

I probably misread your post cause my female friend got divorced shortly before she got back in touch with me.
she even told me she tried finding me back a few times when she was still together with him.
I find that really strange, I mean, I never really detected any interest of her in that way when we were friends back then.
(Perhaps some of the stories I told here might give the impression I never see it coming, and I'll admit sometimes I didn't,
but usually I do think I can see it when some girl's interested.)

And now she acts as if I'm the man of her dreams, even fucking literally cause she's been telling me every time she dreamt something about me.
She even sent me a poetry book with nothing but love poems a few months ago.
Fuck knows what I did to deserve that kind of thing. :shock: :D

But Michael, didn't you tell me she told you (just like in my story) that she just had sex with a guy that reminded her of you, or did I mis-remember that as well ?
If so, that sure means it's an unhappy marriage, no ?
in love and war man... ;)

I find it funny, in the last few days, I did some internet-reserach to find back some of my exes,
and there's one I can only find one pic back from, but not even a personal FB page, only from her husband (doesn't surprise me, he was always the bossy type),
and another one has taken on so much weight if I see current pics...

I usually find it a good thing to meet people from the past,
you're almost always disappointed, cause most of them have fallen asleep as if they'll be sleep-walking through the rest of their entire lives,
and that only confirms you that you're living a much more "selected" life, that you've made "wiser" choices (I know that sounds arrogant in a way) and haven't fallen asleep yet as most did.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Mslwte wrote:
you're even more doomed than me ! :shock:

man, my wife keeps saying I shouldn't complain cause I have our male cat.
I say that doesn't count cause all he cares about is eating, sleeping and getting his belly rubbed.
Plus he's fucking castrated ! :lol:

You probably have more hearing loss from your women than from your techno.
I swear mine NEVER stop rambling (and yes, that's ME who says so, who never stops posting urrmmm decently civilized words :D )

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Mslwte wrote:
PixelKind wrote:Less jealous too ;)
Na not in my house lol quite the opposite. Helena hates the fact that id rather spend time making a noise than family time. Which isn't strictly true but that's not how she sees it. I'll quite happily spend time with them as long as I can get some music in as well haha
you mean to say your cat is called Helena ?

funny, my oldest girl is called Helena as well, my youngest Olivia.
the over-weight cat is Balthazar, nicknamed "le roi du bazar"...