Rant about Greece and politics in the so called techno scene

General Chat // Music Discussion
decode
GET A FUCKING AVATAR!!
Re: Rant about Greece and politics in the so called techno s

Post by decode »

It's only pure numbers and that means nothing. Greeks like taking 2 hour lunch brakes or get home early. It is writen on paper that he works like 8 hours a day, but in reality he works like 4 or 5. If go to the doctor and give him 200-300 eur bribe he will make you "a blind" person to get benefits. Coruption in greece is huge and i know it from my friend who have bussines there and goes there constantly for 8 years. Four years ago It was predicted that ultimatly greece will leave EU.

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Post by msl »

helloitsmeagain wrote:If i recall correctly he started political commentary as far back as the Vietnam war. He's quite simply one of the sharpest minds I know of. Not many people I'd call a Hero... he's one of them. He's pretty ancient now. When he passes the world will have lost a true great. I'm not sure who, if anyone, could replace his commentary.
Yep. He's irreplaceable, the world will be a poorer place without him.

1969 they happen to discuss Greece post WWII at some point too
youtu.be/-gsFb0uSG5w
Last edited by msl on Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
www.bernadettetrax.bandcamp.com
www.soundcloud.com/michaellovatt

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” Dune

surface
Balance

Post by surface »

Haha! Albania with olive trees.
Best one yet.
I'm not racist but...

decode
GET A FUCKING AVATAR!!

Post by decode »

surface wrote:Haha! Albania with olive trees.
Best one yet.
I'm not racist but...
What i mean that greece doesn't have any heavy industry or IT sector. Greece economy is based only on agriculture and tourism. You can't have western living conditions because economy doesn't work this way.

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Post by msl »

decode wrote:Greeks wanted to stay the same and this is the end result. I'm not racist, but greeks are lazy workers and tax evation is their's as someone said "national sport". We people from the north are hard working, because historicaly its harder to survive here. They think that they are western country, but in reality their are albania with olive trees. Greece pensions system is absurd and was based on loan money.

What baltic country are you from thats so hard working, I'm curious?

You have a point about them not wanting to change though, they never cleaned up their corrupt political systems. And tax evasion is a national sport there, but its also in many 'respectable' euproean countries too trust me I've seen it, they just hide it better.

There's nothing absurd about the pension system, it is contribution based, even I paid into it when I lived there.

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” Dune

decode
GET A FUCKING AVATAR!!

Post by decode »

Im from BALTICS not balkan.

decode
GET A FUCKING AVATAR!!

Post by decode »

Btw i'm from Lithuania, but it's doesn't matters because all 3 baltic states are similar. We are small country's and don't forget that we regained independence only 25 years ago and had to build up from scratch. Actualy Greece situation is very similar to ours when we left soviet union because we were broke and had huge inflation. As i said early at the begining we had same situation like in Greece - huge uninployment, real estate burble has exploded and so on. We too took loan from IMF, but we are back on track, but Greece was too stubborn too change. Big part of our economy is agriculture too, but we produce fertilazers, textile, gun ammo, have oil refinary, but our IT sector is big too. We have a lot of tech startups and sophisticated laser research and many more industries. When crisis struck everyone who couldn't find a job emigarated(temporary or not), but greeks wants to stay home and do nothing.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

msl wrote:
helloitsmeagain wrote:If i recall correctly he started political commentary as far back as the Vietnam war. He's quite simply one of the sharpest minds I know of. Not many people I'd call a Hero... he's one of them. He's pretty ancient now. When he passes the world will have lost a true great. I'm not sure who, if anyone, could replace his commentary.
Yep. He's irreplaceable, the world will be a poorer place without him.

1969 they happen to discuss Greece post WWII at some point too
youtu.be/-gsFb0uSG5w

god how I love this man...

youtu.be/9CKpCGjD8wg

I completely adore how he subtely points out how distorted the Isralean government behaves, and how the US etc etc... just agrees and goes along with it... :lol:

I love a great mind, I always tell my mrs she should only worry about me cheating on her when I meet some gorgeous woman who :

a) has a superb mind, so is extremely witty, or
b) is a great creative personality

since I haven't met any woman like that uptill now, I doubt I'll ever leave my mrs who is blessed with a healthy sized brain...

dumb but gorgeously looking women, they don't interest me at all,
not even for a quick fuck...
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

decode wrote:Btw i'm from Lithuania, but it's doesn't matters because all 3 baltic states are similar. .
The Baltic states—also known as the Baltics, Baltic nations or Baltic countries (Estonian: Balti riigid, Baltimaad, Latvian: Baltijas valstis, Lithuanian: Baltijos valstybės)—are the three countries in northern Europe on the eastern coast of the Baltic Sea: Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.
so seriously, why would you think Greece is into a simular situation... (and yes, I've read the rest of your answer which I didn't copy)
Greece sure as fuck ins't a baltic state,
and if the only "resemblements" are the fact that they have inflation and an "unhealthy" economy, then how many countries could you name across "Europe" that are in the same situation ??

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

decode wrote:...but greeks wants to stay home and do nothing.
first question : have you been at all in Greece in the last 5 years and/or talked to any real Greeks about their current situation ???
2nd question : where do you have the information that Greeks "want to stay at home and do nothing" ?
seriously : WHERE ????

I've heard many Greeks complain about the intellectual drain of their country,
which is exactly what is happening to Iceland for the moment btw...

I can tell you this much : all the Greeks I know personally, work from around 9AM to around 10 or 11PM if not later,
give or take perhaps 2 hours from around 3PM to 5PM.
Sometimes it can be later, and on busy days there is no afternoon break at all.
This goes on for about 8 to 9 months a year, for 7 days a week !!
And then, during the winter season, they collapse for about 1 month, trying to recover,
and after that they try to find a way to use the little money they have earned to improve their small business so that profits will grow next year.
Which usually comes down to them working very hard to renovate the business they have...
And yet I never heard them complain, and they are by far the friendliest people I have met ALL OVER EUROPE !!!

So yeah, the Greeks I know, they work 10 hours a day for almost 11 months a year.
Like I said earlier in this topic : if I wasn't happily married, I'd be helping out in a medium sized business in Crète by now,
but I seriously doubt I'd have any time left at all to make any music if I'd be living there...

and even with this absolutely insane situation for the Greeks, you still have many immigrants who are more than willing to work in Greece during the holiday season.
They receive about 2 to max 3€ an hour, and in the winter they either go home to finally see their kids (the eastern european ones) or find another highly underpaid job like construction labour (usually the Afghans).

don't call the Greek lazy cause it just proves you're totally uninformed about the Greeks and you just have no fucking clue !

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

decode wrote:They think that they are western country, but in reality their are albania with olive trees.
this must be the dumbest thing you said (amongst many other generalisations you made),
the following info comes from just a quick google I did to confirm what I suspected...

source : http://cdn.intechopen.com/pdfs-wm/27050.pdf
Albania is one of the few countries in Europe and the only country in the Central-East Europe
that has the favourable climatic and geographical conditions for olive cultivation.
The olive cultivation story in Albania is very old. The people of the rural areas are used with the cultivation of olives,
and a good tradition has been heritage from one generation to the other.
The demand for olive oil and table olives in the domestic market is very high.
On the other hand, with an adequate technological improvement in the olive processing industry, this
product could be traded in the international market.
According to Figure 2 the surface of olive plantation and the number of olive trees has
increased by four times in the year 1990 compared with the year 1938.
so hey, guess what : Albania (just like Italy which is right across the Adriatic sea btw) has olive trees ! :mrgreen:
though yeah, I do find back this info as well :
Although there has been a considerable investment in the new olive plantations, the production investments and the services for this culture have been minimal.
Today the olive production has low and fluctuating yields.
The extensive character of the olive cultivation and the insufficient treatments that are usually done to the olives are the cause of this phenomenon
so yeah, basically the Albianians are not at all as good at olive culture as the Greek are... :mrgreen:

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

surface wrote:Haha! Albania with olive trees.
Best one yet.
I'm not racist but...
hilarious, ain't it ?
you know what ?
In Belgium the cops have been having trouble with Albanian maffia for many many years.
and I've heard about problems with Albanian maffia in quite a few other countries as well.
but somehow, I've never heard about problems with Greek maffia...

And yes they DO exist, cause I heard a lot of talk about them whenever I was in Greece,
but they were always local people, and apparantly they don't leave Greece much,
I'm convinced this must be a direct result of the Greeks laziness... :lol:

and btw : if anyone knows about (serious !!) Greek maffia outside of Greece, I'd love to hear about it !!
I'm not in some blind love-relationship with the Greek, but I do get extremely frustrated when so many people still call them lazy while all I have seen during every visit I paid to Greece is that they are extremely hard working people...

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

ok, off to climb two 4m high cherry trees for the next few hours now, so you're all releaved from my almost non-stop rambling
and with a bit of luck I fall out of the tree and that's end of my rambling for good :lol:

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Yeah racist, poorly researched rant not welcome.
I know lots of greeks, my sister married in to a greek family a long time ago, they worked very hard built and up an empire from nothing in fact, A tiling manufacture business.

That`s all irrelevant, any blanket terms.

Greeks are like....

Could just the same be Niggers are like.......

Bigotry....

How about this one, worst gig experiences I have ever had, have been in Lithuania (true).
Therefore because of my experience, all lithuanians are cheap, immoral, lying, cold, uncaring, dispassionate assholes.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

mainst09
Traits

Post by mainst09 »

decode wrote:Sorry, but most of you are wrong. I'm from the baltics and we too had recesion and economic crisis. It started at the same time like in greece, but got over it long time ago. At the begining we started drastically cuting public spending, pensions and so on. It was hard and very unpopular, but it's over and we allready forgot that. Greeks wanted to stay the same and this is the end result. I'm not racist, but greeks are lazy workers and tax evation is their's as someone said "national sport". We people from the north are hard working, because historicaly its harder to survive here. They think that they are western country, but in reality their are albania with olive trees. Greece pensions system is absurd and was based on loan money.

Yeah tell me how baltic countries are getting good now... you know why? because you got in the eurozone so you got funds to improve your economy, it wasn't because you guys used austerity measures lol
Voices From Cindy's Cunt

mainst09
Traits

Post by mainst09 »

decode wrote:It's only pure numbers and that means nothing. Greeks like taking 2 hour lunch brakes or get home early. It is writen on paper that he works like 8 hours a day, but in reality he works like 4 or 5. If go to the doctor and give him 200-300 eur bribe he will make you "a blind" person to get benefits. Coruption in greece is huge and i know it from my friend who have bussines there and goes there constantly for 8 years. Four years ago It was predicted that ultimatly greece will leave EU.

Good to see a guy from a country who suffered from racism during all the soviet union "reign", being racist about a country he never went to.
Voices From Cindy's Cunt

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mattias »

Yeah over-generalizations usually wont work very well. Let's refrain from that.
Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/Mattias.Fridell.Music
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/fridell
Sample packs: http://mfsamples.bandcamp.com

Contention / 005

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Mattias wrote:Yeah over-generalizations usually wont work very well. Let's refrain from that.
I think all Swedes make boring bumcode techno !!! ;)

surface
Balance

Post by surface »

They don't take sugar cos they're swede enough. Boom boom ..

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Post by msl »

Here is Chomsky's latest comments on Greece. He states the obvious that its really about class warfare...

http://www.democracynow.org/blog/2015/7 ... za_spain_s