OZ - HBO Prison Drama

General Chat // Music Discussion
Críoch
subsekt
subsekt
OZ - HBO Prison Drama

Post by Críoch »

Has anyone watched the whole 6 series(sssss)?

Missed most of it back when it was first shown. CBS Action began showing it again from the 1st series there a month or 2 ago & I have been recording it on the Sky+. Really enjoying it.

However.. the Sky box has got fucked & has stopped recording stuff. Nightmare. Most of S3 & S4 failed to record.

Just wondering - before I go & buy a box set - whether anyone has watched the whole show? Did it dip towards the end?

Worth getting?
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Sey
Chernobyl
Re: OZ - HBO Prison Drama

Post by Sey »

Love that show ! Very different from the typical prison drama. Characters are ace. And you get to see a lot of actors that played in The Wire.
From what I remember the last 2 seasons were weaker but it might be due to me bingewatching it and getting fed up.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Cool man! Makes sense re: the Bingewatching.

I bought the Breaking Bad boxset there @ xmas and I'm so bored of it. Think its just because I'm waiting for it to kick in though.. and it hasnt really. BB just isnt (so far) as crazy as I was expecting it to be.

I'm sure Oz may dip.. but yeah, totally agree on all the characters. Some of the stories are a bit extreme sometimes lol - but its 100% entertainment value. I was grabbing my mouth in horror for about 20mins yesterday watching it.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum

ozias_leduc
ANAL

Post by ozias_leduc »

i have watched it all ! it's awesome. can't remember if it dips towards the end, but i didn't stop watching it (and i bore quite easily)

it's so fucked up haha

i do recall thinking that you see more penises in each season...

Patriek
Mititei

Post by Patriek »

Breaking Bad was an awesome show :(
Don't try for perfect, it's never enough
https://hearthis.at/patriek/
http://www.soundcloud.com/patriek

Sey
Chernobyl

Post by Sey »

I love the Beecher-Schillinger storyline, so much hate. J.K Simmons is a fantastic actor, his part in Whiplash was stunning. (one of my favourite movie from 2014 alongside Boyhood, Birdman, The Imitation Game and Gone Girl)

And yeah BB was huge, season 2 is brilliant.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Patriek wrote:Breaking Bad was an awesome show :(
I really must start watching it again. Hopefully it'll keep my interest this time. TBH.. I find it a bit too 'nice'.

Its almost like an hyper unfunny american 'comedy' show.. at times. I'm not into them. I'm all for shocking situations but in BB (so far..) I find it all a little gratuitous.. with little build-up or weighty drama. The shock relies on the situation & not always the characters who I appreciate are usually in over their heads. Not sure if its the actors or the script.. but I feel there is this (weak) underlying attempt at black comedy with it. I'd be inclined to find it tiresome if it doesnt go fucking nuts soon. Think I'm on series 3-ish. Cant remember.

Wish it was more like Frasier :mrgreen:

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

ozias_leduc wrote:i have watched it all ! it's awesome. can't remember if it dips towards the end, but i didn't stop watching it (and i bore quite easily)

it's so fucked up haha

i do recall thinking that you see more penises in each season...
Haha

Well.. I bought the boxset last night for 58 euros on HDwow - free P&P .. so I'll look forward to that extra bonus! Hope none of them fall out onto the postman lol :mrgreen:

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Sey wrote:I love the Beecher-Schillinger storyline, so much hate. J.K Simmons is a fantastic actor, his part in Whiplash was stunning. (one of my favourite movie from 2014 alongside Boyhood, Birdman, The Imitation Game and Gone Girl)

And yeah BB was huge, season 2 is brilliant.
The last episode of Season 2 was recorded on my box so I got to see it. Man.. there was enough in that episode to string out a whole series of some shit show. Bloody hell.

People were getting stabbed in the eye.. and the refusal of the pardon by Kareem Said was BIG!! Something else fucked up happened as well.. but cant remember now.

Yeah.. the Beecher / Schillinger saga is class. JK plays him well. Such a piece of shit. Raping O'Reilly's brother as well.. Such a horrible show.

CRDM
hmmmmmm...

Post by CRDM »

Oz is dope, I need to watch the last episode again actually it's a weird one.

Wiu
Slowy J

Post by Wiu »

So many people raved about Breaking Bad so I bingewatched it as soon as I got the Discs from Lovefilm. Got through the whole series in about a month. I thought it was good, but just not the flawless program many seemed to think it was.

As for OZ, I remember watching that years ago on TV. Probably the first couple of series. I've had it on my Amazon Prime (streaming) watchlist for ages now. I really should get round to watching it. So thanks for the reminder by posting this thread!
Thank you for the laughs, debate, new music found, production tips etc etc over the years. I wish Subsekt and everyone all the best for the future. Wiu.

Hepta
I Love YOU!!!

Post by Hepta »

Don't forget Adebisi haha...

helloitsmeagain
athlete

Post by helloitsmeagain »

that show ruined the word "spooning" for me.
Because of ACiD, i now know that butter is way better than margarine. I saw through the bullshit. - Mitch Hedberg

ozias_leduc
ANAL

Post by ozias_leduc »

Hepta wrote:Don't forget Adebisi haha...
GIMME SOME TITS!!

ozias_leduc
ANAL

Post by ozias_leduc »

the funniest thing in this show is that little italian guy that gets ass-raped by adebesi (to be fair, he was trying to kill adebesi)

and then later on, after a mental breakdown and finally some healing, he gets gang-ass-raped AGAIN ! HAHAHA. so nasty. but so funny!

bergertron
site spammer

Post by bergertron »

I watched the whole lot about 3-4 times through the years great show.