Alume - Hulat

Post by Alume »

Let me know guys, thansk a bunch.

https://soundcloud.com/alume-music/hulat/s-lkEqI

A_K
Suspect Handshake
Re: Alume - Hulat

Post by A_K »

I like the quality of the sounds you've chosen and the rolling quality of the track overall. Maybe it's just me but, for whatever reason, I find myself rocking to a rhythm in the bassline which doesn't seem to go with the rest of the track... seemingly off-time from what the rest of the other percussion is doing. For lack of a better way to describe what I'm hearing, the pattern goes kind of like dot-dotdotdot---dot-dotdotdot---. Not sure if what I'm hearing was intended to be the dominant rhythm but I like what I'm hearing.

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Yeah its a 5 bar pattern with a few kicks having a higher volume. And as you say a few blanc spot.

In the blanc spots the sub overtakes the bass of the kicks.

Anyway thanks man, wasnt sure if people would like it.

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

I really liked it, I like the fact it felt a little high pressure to listen to.

More reminded me of some of the further out stuff that you'd hear at the start of a set, or played when observing a modern art installation that you don't even pretend to understand.

What you can do with it, I have no idea, but it's got a seal of approval from me (if that's worth anything at all.. probably not)

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Thanks man:) You seal is worth as much as any of them.

The high pressure thing was what I was going for, I wanted it to be almost a little hard to listen to until the pads and ambient free you and release the tension. Or something like that.

krypt
Smore

Post by krypt »

nice one, i like it better than the m'saq although i hear something strange (like the samples used here are poor quality, kind of resmapled hi-tone crackling, is it called transients?). I've got poor headphone set, im in work, nevertheless something feels not right. the rhytmwork is very nice. my advice is again to develop the spatiality adding some gentle hi-freq elements.

daunzila
arsehole

Post by daunzila »

Yeah!
That pressure, and those emotional pad in the end, lovely

That click/bleep sound make me feel that youre going to reply that with another click/bleep sound sometime, maybe this add tension or something, idk if im making any sense here hahaha

anyway, is a good work :)
WTF?!

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

krypt wrote:nice one, i like it better than the m'saq although i hear something strange (like the samples used here are poor quality, kind of resmapled hi-tone crackling, is it called transients?). I've got poor headphone set, im in work, nevertheless something feels not right. the rhytmwork is very nice. my advice is again to develop the spatiality adding some gentle hi-freq elements.
Thanks for the words man:) I'm not sure which sound you mean. For all I know the sounds are ass they need to be. I will take a look at those High's though. Good call
daunzila wrote:Yeah!
That pressure, and those emotional pad in the end, lovely

That click/bleep sound make me feel that youre going to reply that with another click/bleep sound sometime, maybe this add tension or something, idk if im making any sense here hahaha

anyway, is a good work :)
Do you mean the clave? You are making sense, the whole track is about tension and tension release.

Thanks for the kind words man:)

Dust Layer
leper

Post by Dust Layer »

Good stuff and concept, i also like that fade out structure at the end, may be very cool to mix.
Good style and realisation.