New members say hello...

General Chat // Music Discussion
Thies
Pig
Re: New members say hello...

Post by Thies »

hello there..

My name is Matthias, from Vienna, Austria. I've been reading for a while here, got some good info tips&tricks form you guys.. and now i tought its time to contribute a bit myself. I am producing for ~3 years now, still learning but it gets better and better every day. :D

Most of the time I make some technoish stuff more or less 100% in the box, altough resently I m working on my first hiphop/trip hop style track with recording some live instruments (Sax, Piano, violin, vox). Always keep an open mind you know.. ^^

cheers

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

welcome Matthias.

it's all about keeping an open ass... urm mind here ! :D
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

nerva_
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by nerva_ »

hello to all... my name is Leon.. i like techno, of course, especially dark techno and i have been producing some techno for 5 months or so.. also i do some dnb and experimental stuffs.

SFBM
&roid

Post by SFBM »

Hi Leon! Have any soundcloud links at all to share? :)

PixelKind
who is it?

Post by PixelKind »

mattej wrote:hello there..

My name is Matthias, from Vienna, Austria. I've been reading for a while here, got some good info tips&tricks form you guys.. and now i tought its time to contribute a bit myself. I am producing for ~3 years now, still learning but it gets better and better every day. :D

Most of the time I make some technoish stuff more or less 100% in the box, altough resently I m working on my first hiphop/trip hop style track with recording some live instruments (Sax, Piano, violin, vox). Always keep an open mind you know.. ^^

cheers
Servus! :)

nerva_
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by nerva_ »

SFBM wrote:Hi Leon! Have any soundcloud links at all to share? :)
i have but nothing special on it to share... only few demos, not full tracks yet

Monreal
You only live once

Post by Monreal »

mattej wrote:hello there..

cheers

Servus bro, another Wiener hier.

SFBM
&roid

Post by SFBM »

nerva_ wrote:
SFBM wrote:Hi Leon! Have any soundcloud links at all to share? :)
i have but nothing special on it to share... only few demos, not full tracks yet
Would be keen to hear some demos still :)

davidblackwing
GET A FUCKING AVATAR!!

Post by davidblackwing »

Welcome to other newbies here.

I am joining your ranks.

Hello, I am David nice to meet you.

I work with Techno/house project called David Blackwing. 4 years in music production and 2 years of span in techno/house spectrum. I like underground sound in general. Now working with industrial sound palette that is inspired by Berlin techno sound. On house I try to sound as an old record in the future. typical German house. Love dat shit.

I live in Vilnius, Lithuania, I dj and host underground raves every month I can figure out something new.

My dream is to have a digital record that sounds professional to us all and captures my message and artist voice I have.

Still in making. But here some demos and mixes for you:

https://soundcloud.com/davidblackwing

https://www.mixcloud.com/davidblackwing/

Cheers

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

did they explain you the secret password david ?

Koichi
Wastedddd

Post by Koichi »

Hello - I'm Koichi.
Learnt a lot from the production tips here but this is my first post.

Produce techno. Live in Belfast. Started djing and part of a soundsystem in those free parties in the warehouses and barns of the south of England...but now none of that. Do stuff in collaboration too called Spires.

Don't want to start listing influences cos I listen to a lot of stuff and doesn't necessarily sound like it but Bas Mooy, Matthias Fridell, Yan Cook I rate alot as producers. Yeh that kind of thing.

Soundcloud has two tracks up - not really representing what I'm doing ha but live set will be posted soon after first gig in June if you're interested!

Cheers,
K

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Koichi wrote:Hello - I'm Koichi.
Learnt a lot from the production tips here but this is my first post.

Produce techno. Live in Belfast. Started djing and part of a soundsystem in those free parties in the warehouses and barns of the south of England...but now none of that. Do stuff in collaboration too called Spires.

Don't want to start listing influences cos I listen to a lot of stuff and doesn't necessarily sound like it but Bas Mooy, Matthias Fridell, Yan Cook I rate alot as producers. Yeh that kind of thing.

Soundcloud has two tracks up - not really representing what I'm doing ha but live set will be posted soon after first gig in June if you're interested!

Cheers,
K
just had a quick listen to that track on your kxkk SC, that's not bad at all mate.

welcome to subsekt.

Mattias is a regular cunt here, so you're lucky. ;)

Koichi
Wastedddd

Post by Koichi »

Cheers dude!

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Welcome all :)
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

ps11
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by ps11 »

Hey Subsekt!

My name is Matt Antico I live in NY and I've been looking around the site for a few months now.
I've been meaning to do this for sometime...

I love all things techno!

I started DJ'ing in 1997 when I lived in NYC and I started producing tunes a couple years later but stepped away from the scene in 2003. More recently after playing in a band and recording, I got the techno itch and started down the rabbit hole again... Been trying to stay busy working on tunes and have finished a couple in the last few months which are on my soundcloud page. I'm Looking forward to contributing!

Peace

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

welcome,
what happened to your old DJ partner, if I may ask ?

ps11
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by ps11 »

Hades wrote:welcome,
Thanks for the welcome!

We both got caught up in the scene. I got clean, unfortunately he didn't and passed June 5th last year. Very sad events, we lost contact for many years and had reconnected only 3 months before.

SFBM
&roid

Post by SFBM »

ps11 wrote:
Thanks for the welcome!

We both got caught up in the scene. I got clean, unfortunately he didn't and passed June 5th last year. Very sad events, we lost contact for many years and had reconnected only 3 months before.
Hi Matt :)

Sad to hear that mate :(, I find that the music scene can often cause certain drifts between friends/partners/fellow producers/etc at times, over time it starts to become important to distance yourself from the politics of it all and just stand back for a bit at times and connect with those close to you outside of genre/scene/label/style/etc otherwise sometimes you can find yourself drifting apart from people over trivial issues. Not saying this is what happened, but all too often people do forget about this. Have lost quite a few friends due to musical differences as well as deaths in the past few years, it gets very hard at times, but that's how life becomes, I guess.

On a lighter note, looking forward to hearing some of your stuff :)

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

SFBM wrote:
ps11 wrote:
Thanks for the welcome!

Hi Matt :)

Sad to hear that mate :(, I find that the music scene can often cause certain drifts between friends/partners/fellow producers/etc at times, over time it starts to become important to distance yourself from the politics of it all and just stand back for a bit at times and connect with those close to you outside of genre/scene/label/style/etc otherwise sometimes you can find yourself drifting apart from people over trivial issues. Not saying this is what happened, but all too often people do forget about this. Have lost quite a few friends due to musical differences as well as deaths in the past few years, it gets very hard at times, but that's how life becomes, I guess.

On a lighter note, looking forward to hearing some of your stuff :)
addiction...

I once took in a Costa Rican producer, almost straight out of rehab after years of coke addiction,
gave him a 2 months stay in my home, free of charge, and all access to my studio,
even showed him around Paris, all expenses paid by me.
while at the same time my favourite sister was dying of cancer, I was trying to help this guy get his life back on track...

didn't do me any good at all and never even had a proper thank you either.

but at least I tried, I guess... :)

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

ps11, your nickname reminds me of one of my all-time techno tracks btw :

Alex Cortex - PS-LL-11 (Bad Cop Bad Cop Remix)
which you can find on this EP (no youtube video available unfortunately)

http://www.discogs.com/Alex-Cortex-Lopa ... se/1285141

fucking love that track !