Damn Bus, i hate you! hahaha

General Chat // Music Discussion
daunzila
arsehole
Damn Bus, i hate you! hahaha

Post by daunzila »

On a bus, listening to some recordings from my last week sessions,
suddenly, damn, this sounds cool, how did i make that?
i don't remember doing those sounds!
Then the bus stop, i get out and realize that the noises are from the bus...
Not the first time, sure it wont be the last one, but is always funny when it happens

Sometimes i think im losing my mind doing these kind of music hahaha
Its only me?
WTF?!

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt
Re: Damn Bus, i hate you! hahaha

Post by Críoch »

There was a Surgeon show on Rinse there a while back. Jake Conlon, aged 7 and 3/4 from Birmingham (jokes) - sent in a remix of an old Surgeon track that he'd been listening to on the bus & the sound of the engine, junkies etc.. gave him an idea for a different rhythmic direction.

Sounded cool!

Was like the first time I used an old space echo. Thought it sounded class. As the track was building & I was increasing the tape speed it sounded deadly.. delays & feedback.. everything! Listened back & something crucial was missing. The sound of the tape motor which was getting louder as I sped it up & slower when.. and so on. The sound of tape, flailing around its little perspex prison was class. So I recorded it separately & added it in lol
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

daunzila
arsehole

Post by daunzila »

Talking about surgeon, hes live on dommune right now youtu.be/s07vRCWlFNI
WTF?!

daunzila
arsehole

Post by daunzila »

ICN wrote:There was a Surgeon show on Rinse there a while back. Jake Conlon, aged 7 and 3/4 from Birmingham (jokes) - sent in a remix of an old Surgeon track that he'd been listening to on the bus & the sound of the engine, junkies etc.. gave him an idea for a different rhythmic direction.

Sounded cool!

Was like the first time I used an old space echo. Thought it sounded class. As the track was building & I was increasing the tape speed it sounded deadly.. delays & feedback.. everything! Listened back & something crucial was missing. The sound of the tape motor which was getting louder as I sped it up & slower when.. and so on. The sound of tape, flailing around its little perspex prison was class. So I recorded it separately & added it in lol

Sounds really cool, where i can hear that man?
I really need to get a portable recorder!
WTF?!

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

here you go man

https://soundcloud.com/dynamic-tension/ ... st-15-3-15

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Alert
brown envelope

Post by Alert »

sample the bus

surface
Balance

Post by surface »

willemb
Mild

Post by willemb »

That sort of thing happens to me all the time, being it the gas meter ticking away, the boiler hitting on, the noise from the neighbours, its all very John Cage-esque, but real world sounds can add so much if you listen to them in a sound design way.

I also love making field recordings and playing it back later and hearing things that i wasnt actually trying to record, and going WTF is that!? Trying to filter it out and changing the speed, finding very things, not knowing what the actual source is.

ashley BORG
Small Penis

Post by ashley BORG »

There's a track on a Rod 7 hour mix from the first hour when he's playing ambient. It's a recording from the station intercom from the subway. I always miss those moments. The other day I was standing next to the speaker on the train and the driver went on. There were some real interesting sounds.

surface
Balance

Post by surface »

willemb wrote:...
I also love making field recordings and playing it back later and hearing things that i wasnt actually trying to record, and going WTF is that!? Trying to filter it out and changing the speed, finding very things, not knowing what the actual source is.
You just reminded me why I enjoy field recordings...
I really should make more of a habit of bringing one with me where I might get something good, although I suppose most situations will throw something interesting up ..