Not exactly techno though

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
Monreal
You only live once
Not exactly techno though

Post by Monreal »

So I've came across rather know breakbeats couple weeks ago so I decided to go for it. It was like a nice experiment.

Synths are from Korg Legacy Collection.

A_K
Suspect Handshake
Re: Not exactly techno though

Post by A_K »

Nice experiment and cool sounds. I think most of the synth instruments are a bit too loud; Especially that high-pitched arp at the beginning, it could come down maybe 6 to 12 dB. Roll off the high frequencies on the breaks a bit, 1 KHz and up, with EQ. Cut off the low-end at 40 Hz and down.

karwa
Face Hugger

Post by karwa »

nice experimental vibe here i think you need to structure the chaos a bit better though.

and as far as mixing goes i agree with a__k plus that kick is waay too loud.

blackmetalblackmetalblackmetalblack

Monreal
You only live once

Post by Monreal »

Thanks guys! One thing I do a lot is upload the song as soon as I'm finished. I guess I need couple more days to listen to them again with fresh pair of ears. Now I hear it too.

quest
will fuck for food

Post by quest »

Yeah that always gets me too. I'm going to start pacing my mixdown sessions, listening again and again on a new day, I want to not have to go back to old mixes and touch them up if I can help it, in the future...

I really like the 2nd track, really nostalgic for me, has that 90s vibe. I'd say the opposite for that one, you could get a low end breakbeat on that depending on where you want it to sit between ambient listening and dancefloor-worthy..