ValhallaDSP Reverbs / Shimmer / Room / Vintage etc.. V.Cool.

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
Críoch
subsekt
subsekt
ValhallaDSP Reverbs / Shimmer / Room / Vintage etc.. V.Cool.

Post by Críoch »

Was talking about this in another thread last night.. but thought I'd mention it again.

If you haven't checked out Valhalla reverbs yet.. do. They're so good.

http://valhalladsp.com/

I have the Room & (Free) Freq Echo plugs already. Revisited Shimmer over the last few days & I'm very impressed.

So nice. I've got D16's Toraverb, which I tend to fish out when I want something with a special texture.. but these plugs are in a different league altogether. I had been planning on picking up some old reverb units & may do so anyway.. but after seeing the passion Sean, Mr.Valhalla, has for the history of reverb development, its really no wonder that they sound so fucking interesting. I'm totally satisfied (ATM - lol).

Anyway, he's really done his homework. Check out the demos.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Alume
Confetti
Re: ValhallaDSP Reverbs / Shimmer / Room / Vintage etc.. V.C

Post by Alume »

Veen meaning to check them out, reverb is always an important element in the things i do.

disparate
I forgot.... So baked.

Post by disparate »

Alume wrote:Veen meaning to check them out, reverb is always an important element in the things i do.
Same, heard so many good things about the Valhalla stuff. Might treat myself to one of them soon although it's hard to decide which...

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Check the demos. You'll definitely be interested!
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

disparate wrote:
Alume wrote:Veen meaning to check them out, reverb is always an important element in the things i do.
Same, heard so many good things about the Valhalla stuff. Might treat myself to one of them soon although it's hard to decide which...
I use vRoom and VVV and they're both excellent. I'd probably recommend checking out VVV as a good starting point.

Sey
Chernobyl

Post by Sey »

I use Vintage Verb as my go to reverb and its brilliant, you can do loads of differents reverbs with it, just enough modulation options without being overbearing. I switched from ableton native verb (which is fine really) and ambience (still use it), and this is something else if you're looking for a reverb with a bit more character and a wider range of tones.

Also it's quite light on cpu.

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Post by msl »

League of their own, super value for money, no copy protection and super sound indy dev.

My goto reverbs for the last 2 years.

www.bernadettetrax.bandcamp.com
www.soundcloud.com/michaellovatt

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” Dune

Wiu
Slowy J

Post by Wiu »

I use VintageVerb 95% of the time. The thing is just fucking awesome. The recent update adding more reverb modes was a glorious surprise. I think the only reason I haven't checked out his other reverb plugins is because it's so damn good I'm not sure I'd need them.
Thank you for the laughs, debate, new music found, production tips etc etc over the years. I wish Subsekt and everyone all the best for the future. Wiu.

CRDM
hmmmmmm...

Post by CRDM »

Vintage verb for me, it's such a great tool on all fronts, sound, price, gui. Ubermod is the other Valhalla plugin I use all the time, you can get some really interesting reverbs out of that as well as a whole lot of other things.

ashley BORG
Small Penis

Post by ashley BORG »

I hate threads like this. Fuck sake!

ozias_leduc
ANAL

Post by ozias_leduc »

vintageverb is my "default" reverb! very good.

although i'm more of a spring-reverb kinda guy at present i think

Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mslwte »

ashley BORG wrote:I hate threads like this. Fuck sake!
lol
https://soundcloud.com/mslwte
https://noizefacilityrecords.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/subsekt909
https://www.facebook.com/subsekt909/
Lost to the Void wrote:Fuck off, get some tequila down ya neck and make some noise you cunt....

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

CRDM wrote:Ubermod is the other Valhalla plugin I use all the time, you can get some really interesting reverbs out of that as well as a whole lot of other things.
I keep forgetting I have this. It's not the easiest to get your head around, but it can do some crazy stuff.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

We don't have advertising on this site so occasionally developers ask us to start conversations, spreading lies so that Ashley will spend spend spend.

Love that commission!

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Seriously though, I could easily buy all of these plugins. Gotta control myself.

ashley BORG
Small Penis

Post by ashley BORG »

ICN wrote:We don't have advertising on this site so occasionally developers ask us to start conversations, spreading lies so that Ashley will spend spend spend.

Love that commission!
Cunts! :cry: Can't believe I trusted you people

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Post by msl »

Planar wrote:
CRDM wrote:Ubermod is the other Valhalla plugin I use all the time, you can get some really interesting reverbs out of that as well as a whole lot of other things.
I keep forgetting I have this. It's not the easiest to get your head around, but it can do some crazy stuff.

TBH I just tweak presets till I get what I want, that and turn down the noise knob usually (Drive I think its called). There's a thread on GS with a whole bunch of user presets for it, some tasty stuff.

www.bernadettetrax.bandcamp.com
www.soundcloud.com/michaellovatt

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” Dune

CRDM
hmmmmmm...

Post by CRDM »

Planar wrote:

I thought I knew it pretty well, I watched this though and it definitively cemented my understanding of how it works. I watched it and then went on to experiment seeing how each section affects each other. It's a pretty long video that makes the plugin clearer and easier to use. If you've not seen it then I'd recommend giving it a watch. I think it's the most versatile plugin I own to be fair, it can do so many things and always sounds good quality.

youtu.be/tlJiGNfJV8E

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

Oh, I know how to use it. That video didn't exist when I first got it, so I sat down for a long time and scratched my head while I figured it out ;). Its a good resource for those new to it though. It's a great plugin but I'm not doing much in the way of modulated type stuff these days and I tend to overlook it.

CRDM
hmmmmmm...

Post by CRDM »

Planar wrote:Oh, I know how to use it. That video didn't exist when I first got it, so I sat down for a long time and scratched my head while I figured it out ;). Its a good resource for those new to it though. It's a great plugin but I'm not doing much in the way of modulated type stuff these days and I tend to overlook it.

Oh I see, I read your post in a different way to how you meant it. It can do so many crazy or subtle things and it definitely takes a lot of exploring.