White Light District - Zoned Out (my first track!)

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
vadoalfamedio
Unfriended
White Light District - Zoned Out (my first track!)

Post by vadoalfamedio »

I wanted to have some feedback from the user on this forum on my very first track.
Like I said in my intro post, I'm doing computer-based electronic music just from around a year. Before buying Ableton, I was doing noise music with oscillators, guitars, analogue effects, and so on.
I struggled so much to adopt a more serious approach (working within a DAW and on a PC, arranging things, learning technical stuff, etc) and this is the first outcome.

I've done it all in the box because I can't use my synthesizers (I recently moved out from home): FM8, Operator, SoundToys effects and Lexicon reverbs. The final audio track is just the mixdown + a little bit of Ultramaximiser. Since it's still a bedroom project, I don't take care of mastering duties.

Good listen!

(P.S.: to the MODS: Please, don't delete this post! I know I don't write many posts but I read this forum almost daily and I'm assiduously studying the old threads that I've bookmarked ;) )

A_K
Suspect Handshake
Re: White Light District - Zoned Out (my first track!)

Post by A_K »

Great track, I'm really digging this.

The ghostly, drone-y synth needs some attention as the peaks from about 500 Hz to 900 Hz are a bit out of control; too loud. Smashing those peaks down with a compressor should do the trick.

The hi-hat can come up about 4-6 dB in volume and the ride cymbal can come down about 4-6 dB.

Keep everything peaking just slightly below the low-end of the kick (just 1 or 2 dB under) and you'll be dandy.

The high-end of the kick could be increased a bit with EQ (maybe just a couple dB) so it doesn't sound so muffled; Anywhere from 4 KHz to 10 KHz, try increasing around that area. Experiment.

I think that's about it, really. I like what you've got so far. Nice!

Patriek
Mititei

Post by Patriek »

Don't worry about the post being removed ;-)

Sounds cool! Not really into the voice, but it does fit the track. The groove in the low-end sounds very nice.
Also, curious if you have any recordings of your previous work (the noise music) :)
Don't try for perfect, it's never enough
https://hearthis.at/patriek/
http://www.soundcloud.com/patriek

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

You're well within the rules, so don't worry.

A good first attempt, the rides are louder than they need to be, but I can't offer any other advice as I'm listening on shit headphones right now.

Dust Layer
leper

Post by Dust Layer »

Very nice track!

Get a fucking avatar

Post by 1200 »

Like the atmosphere sounds you have in the background.. The voices sound fun!