Online Article Namechecking Subsekt..

General Chat // Music Discussion
nocernoc
unsure
Re: Online Article Namechecking Subsekt..

Post by nocernoc »

Hades wrote:
nocernoc wrote:@Hades you actually invited a dude off the internet to stay in your place. from columbia! sorry that nuts. anyway, at least you can say you've learned your lesson and you won't taking home any strangers for dinner anymore. i mean what happens if he tries to fry a little of your own brain and feed it to you with a little red wine. your wife must seriously love you if you're still together. or maybe it's your big black shlong! :)
Costa Rica mate, not Colombia, major difference
though he certainly was in love with the most famous Colombian national export product...
which is exactly why I took him in for a longer time period.
No use offering someone in rehab only a week or so, that won't work.
Problem is 2 months didn't work either, though I kept him clean and got him back into shape (he gained about 15 kilo's during his stay).
But the main problem was he never really wanted to grab the chance offered and just took it as a free holiday.
Untill he got back and went straight to his old habits again...

ow well, lesson learned.

mainst09
Traits

Post by mainst09 »

Alume wrote:Speaking of subsekt meeting situations, I met Pedro on Atonal last year. I thought we had a pretty good time, nice guy:)

True. I'm a great guy
Voices From Cindy's Cunt

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Costa Rica, eh?

Phew, glad I didn't crack that Colombian dick tie joke in the end.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

UN!T B
pregnant

Post by UN!T B »

New Subsekt challenge.

Adopt a drug addict from a 3rd world country have him stay with you for 2 months. The object is 3 fold:

1. Stop him from selling any of your gear or laptop for drugs.
2. Stop him from banging the wife while you are out for milk.
3. Teach him to make a track.
Bonus points if the track is actually good.
Who's in? :D
Hades wrote: stop being such a total dick, honestly.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

UN!T B wrote:New Subsekt challenge.

Adopt a drug addict from a 3rd world country have him stay with you for 2 months. The object is 3 fold:

well, that was the whole damn point though : in the approx 10 years of forum and email conversations I saw him gradually decline into a druggie.
He still had a job 90% of the times during these years, it's not like he lived on the streets, but every single evening first thing he did was get coke and then off to make tracks.
The guy was constantly making tracks, I didn't have to teach him that.
And he was out of rehab when I took him in.

But anyway, like I said : I'd rather not talk about all that in public.
But imagine you see one of our members you "think" you got to know well gradually change into a junkie.
You got a big house, you "seem" to get along fine with the dude.
I believe in doing good on this planet if you can, so shoot me for being naive and helpful.

If the guy's personality would have been a bit less self-centered, things might have turned out far better.
Believe it or not, but I never had any problems with his junkie-part.
He wouldn't have known where to find it where I live anyway, the town is too small, and we had to literally almost take him by the hand or he'd hardly go anywhere,
though one would presume he would have taken the chance to see a little from Europe if you've been given the chance.
He never did, unless we took him along somewhere.
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Don't think I'll do this one lads :)
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

ICN wrote:Don't think I'll do this one lads :)
well, to do the full challenge, you gotta knock up your mrs first and wait 7 months (that's the only fun part though),
then you need to get in a first class asshole neighbour
and then you need to break out your complete roof, only to have it back closed and finished 4 days later.

good luck with that shit !
the Costa Rican was nothing compared to the roof challenge... 8-)

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

There'll be no more knocking up done in this house, I'll tell ya!

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

ICN wrote:There'll be no more knocking up done in this house, I'll tell ya!
it's not cause you decide it's enough, that that'll be the end of it all ! :D

I think I already posted this one a few years ago...

youtu.be/KC0cMLl00-w

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

haha..

They missed out by not calling him 'krushty' as the sound SH is sometimes added in colloquial dialects such as that. Yesh.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

nonetheless, it's common knowledge that those Irish just breed like rabbits,
and all it takes is some potato crisis to kill half of them.
still not nearly enough, but I guess it's a start as good as any... :D

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

We actually breed like Haresh.

nocernoc
unsure

Post by nocernoc »

what a coincidence. i have a t-shirt that says "i love condoms"

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Hades wrote:
UN!T B wrote:New Subsekt challenge.

well, that was the whole damn point though : in the approx 10 years of forum and email conversations I saw him gradually decline into a druggie.
He still had a job 90% of the times during these years, it's not like he lived on the streets, but every single evening first thing he did was get coke and then off to make tracks.
The guy was constantly making tracks, I didn't have to teach him that.
And he was out of rehab when I took him in.

But anyway, like I said : I'd rather not talk about all that in public.
But imagine you see one of our members you "think" you got to know well gradually change into a junkie.
You got a big house, you "seem" to get along fine with the dude.
I believe in doing good on this planet if you can, so shoot me for being naive and helpful.

If the guy's personality would have been a bit less self-centered, things might have turned out far better.
Believe it or not, but I never had any problems with his junkie-part.
He wouldn't have known where to find it where I live anyway, the town is too small, and we had to literally almost take him by the hand or he'd hardly go anywhere,
though one would presume he would have taken the chance to see a little from Europe if you've been given the chance.
He never did, unless we took him along somewhere.

I've lost friends to drug addiction.
Half the problem is thinking you can help.
They have to help themselves, and truly recognise the root of their problems, and generally that takes a catastrophic crash to rock bottom. Sounds like your guy was nowhere near rock bottom. He probably still thought he could control his addiction to some degree.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Living with Hades probably made his addiction worse.. :(

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

Lost to the Void wrote:I've lost friends to drug addiction.
Half the problem is thinking you can help.
They have to help themselves, and truly recognise the root of their problems, and generally that takes a catastrophic crash to rock bottom. Sounds like your guy was nowhere near rock bottom. He probably still thought he could control his addiction to some degree.
True that. I lived in a shared flat for 2 years with some mates and we all were on smack. Me and two others made it out of that hell. But the others, well... :cry:
There is nobody that can help you except yourself.
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Some people only hit rock bottom when they stop digging.

A good mate of mine, part of our soundsystem, got in to crack.
He kept it hidden for a while, but eventually, inevitably, we all found out.
He kept it hidden for a long time because we took a very hard stance against it, so he was extra embarassed and also a little worried about our reactions. If we found anyone dealing it at our parties, generally they got dragged to room and worked over pretty heavily (sometimes they were left gaffer taped with a note on their forehead with "crack dealer", in the building for the police to find). And we generally came down pretty harsh on any users too, though they were just ejected from the place rather than tuned up.
Anyway, soon he started disappearing for days on binges, became less and less reliable.
Then he got kicked out from where he was living and started couch surfing, he started stealing, we all tried to help him but he was stealing from all of us, you couldn`t leave him a lone in a room.
Eventually the drugs just took over and everyone turned their back on him.
I remained his one lifeline, I tend to be (some might find it hard to believe) pretty forgiving, and generally pretty soft with friends and family, but eventually I realised I couldn`t help him, and I too had to turn my back on him as he was a total liability in every way, and totally untrustworthy.
I do still regret that choice, I was his last helping hand....

One of the things about my life in the counterculture, underground raves, squat parties and squat community, is that there were A LOT of damaged people in that scene. We welcomed all, and with all came those who fell through the crack of life, either through being at odds with society, mentally damaged, abused, outlaws, outcasts, anarchists.. And the drugs flowed around the scene like water. Everyone had a friend, or acquaintance, or friend of a friend who was really close to high ranking organised crime, the people bringing the shit in to the country or manufacturing it.
It meant that drugs were cheap, unadulterated, and sometimes available years before it hit the mainstream (like ketamine, it hit our scene in the mid 90`s, and once it gripped, we knew that it would cause devastation and strife when it hit mainstream clubland, we all knew the people who were bringing it in from india).
That volatile cocktail of radicals and rejects, mixed with high grade cheap drugs, meant a lot of people ended up turning their life over to drugs.
Unfortunately the story above about my mate is not the only one I can tell, there were a lot of "casualties of war" back then, I consider myself lucky to have come out of it all relatively unscathed, with no addictions, few physical scars, and with control of my mind (mostly haha).

Addiction is fucking horrific, and we really don`t deal with it properly, in any way at all, in this country.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

Yeah, that's a rough thing when you see a good mate going down that road. Nearly same story here. One of my longtime mates i grew up with was one of those who didn't make it. He was one of these fucked-up kids (beaten up from his father during childhood, mother died early, too young for drugs, always in trouble and violence) and we all knew that smack would be his final downfall and we tried to keep it away from him although we were already full in.
But he did it anyway, what can you do? Nothing.

I see him from time to time at the Junkie trainstation in Kreuzberg when i'm going to my local bar. Meanwhile he looks like the walking dead, like some fucking skeleton. And it's just some smalltalk and he wants to borrow a tenner which he claims to give it back to me next time. Yeah sure. It's like these fuckin' junkie movies everytime.

I'm always shocked after meeting him and realize how much luck i had that i met my missus in my darkest days. Don't know what would have happened...
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

nocernoc
unsure

Post by nocernoc »

tried the spike. only did it once. chased a whole bunch more times but i hate the stuff. i used to have a job doing food deliveries and i'd rock up at the cuzzy's door with eyes glued shut. don't know how the fuck i was able to drive / get around like that. but i never get addicted to substances. on the other hand, i always have to be occupied.

a mate of mine -- afrikaaner cunt who broke my nose for telling my other mate he was telling people he shagged his girl which incidentally got his nose broken first (blood fucking everywhere) -- got lost on smack.

so did the cunt that knocked up my older half sister. he didn't take her down with him but ended up getting some other bird pregnant and living in the streets with the baby for a time. don't know how true that last bit was but that's what i heard and i can believe it with that stuff.

the best thing you can do for people like that AND yourself is stay away from them.

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mattias »

Lost to the Void wrote:If we found anyone dealing it at our parties, generally they got dragged to room and worked over pretty heavily (sometimes they were left gaffer taped with a note on their forehead with "crack dealer", in the building for the police to find).
That is brilliant. Hahaha

Ok now you lot can v´carry on with the serious stuff.
Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/Mattias.Fridell.Music
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/fridell
Sample packs: http://mfsamples.bandcamp.com

Contention / 005