New members say hello...

General Chat // Music Discussion
SFBM
&roid
Re: New members say hello...

Post by SFBM »

Bonjour numberfive, Ça va? Is your username a reference to the Perfume?

Check out the hole, there's a lot of stuff to learn and some very interesting threads in there :)

ashley BORG
Small Penis

Post by ashley BORG »

ICN wrote:Welcome everyone! Thanks for joining us & writing a bit :)

Cheers,

John
I hope Hades isn't included in that thanks. He manages to write his life story in every thread. I bet even in the members tracks there's a short story or two :lol:

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

ashley BORG wrote:
ICN wrote:Welcome everyone! Thanks for joining us & writing a bit :)

Cheers,

John
I hope Hades isn't included in that thanks. He manages to write his life story in every thread. I bet even in the members tracks there's a short story or two :lol:
ow now ash, you certainly are hurting my precious feelings.
I feel a prostate rub is in order to get my general mood and tralala back up !

and no, I don't think my life story is in any part of the members tracks. Besides that, 600000 characters aren't enough for my life story, even if I'd write 5000+ posts ;)
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

but since you've asked for it Ash...:

highlights of the week (till now, there's still sunday left though...) :

*calling my best friend yesterday and finding out his only 2,5 year old son has a highly rare metabolistic disease, a not properly functioning thyroid gland, lunghairs that are missing, probable chance of brain damage and maybe a light form of autism. :shock:

*talking to the mother of my oldest daughters best friend and finding out her sister has given birth to a baby that has an even more rare metabolistic disease (only about 100 people world-wide). :shock:
So I suggested I take in her kids tomorrow afternoon together with the care of my kids cause of course my mrs is all weekend on guard.

*comforting my mrs cause she had to "comfort" parents (all monday night when she was on guard) who had their 7 year old son who died from cerebral hemorrhage. They were preparing his first communion, now they gotta prepare his funeral. I always wonder when I hear her tell stories like that what kind of comfort there is still to give in situations like that.
I'll tell you the only "good news" those parents had : there will be 5 children saved by the organs they can use out of that little boy.
But, of course, organ donation happens totally anonimous, so it's not like those parents will ever see the "saved" children.
Apparently, there are letters exchanged (through the hospital) once a year, so I suppose that's at least something.

but anyway,
I won't continue, I'd rather not spoil your saturday afternoon old chap ! :)

I believe it's called :
"count your blessings"

I get off subsekt (which was helping me giving my ears a rest thank you),
I walk to the fridge, and grab a beer and consider myself lucky to kiss 2 very healthy looking children while walking back to the studio.
Knowing your personal situation, I suggest you do the same if you had the patience to read the above... ;)

dylanlolwut
Metric Martyr

Post by dylanlolwut »

Hades wrote:
tuuluuwag wrote: i have 2 little girls now.. and it's something you have to worry about these days.
tell me about it.
I had 2 little girls.
Now my oldest is already 7,5 and not so little anymore. :P
and my youngest has a small motoric problem which demands extra attention.
Next to that I have 4 god-children, last one wasn't even mine originally, but it's the youngest daughter of my deceased sister (cancer, died 3,5 years ago),
and her brother-in-law used to be the godfather of the girl, till the dude hanged himself and the little girl said "now my mommy is in heaven and my godfather is in heaven as well", so yeah, I just proposed to take her "under my wings" as well, even if I already had 3 godchildren
Wow, serious respects to you my friend. You're a trooper
Greetings, brethren. Checketh out mine soundeth-cloud!

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Tom / Hades is a good Guy
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

ICN wrote:Tom / Hades is a good Guy
nah, I'm just a naive fool...
trying to gather some good karma for all those times I drive over old ladies crossing the streets,
drown bags stuffed with little helpless kittens (I personally prefer to stamp on them, but it makes my shoes so sticky),
and lock up young kids in my basement with a huge poster of Marc Dutroux.
:D

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

I was talking about the other Tom Hades lol
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

ICN wrote:I was talking about the other Tom Hades lol
sure sure, we all love Tom Hades around these parts of the net... ;)

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Just dont forget it!

aledotm
GET A FUCKING AVATAR!!

Post by aledotm »

Hello everyone!
My name is Alessandro, from Italy, Rome. I subscribed to the forum a few months ago and I now decided to take an active part in the community as you all seem to be very nice people. Luigitozzii, who happens to be one of my favourite artists, a big reference point and now a good friend, introduced me to subsekt. I'm interested mainly in ambient/techno (to make a clear example labels such as Northen Electronics, Semantica, Hypnus, Spectrum Spools etc.). I fell really into techno roughly 3 years ago but I always appreciated it and started to make my own music towards the end of last summer. I took an audio engineering course in 2011 which lasted 9 months and worked a little bit as an assistant in London clubs but never really had a chance to apply what I've learned inside a studio since I got Ableton last year and realised what I really wanted to do and what kind of music I wanted to make. As I said I use Ableton as production tool with a few plugin instruments and effects, also everything I do is software based (but I'm planning to buy my first machines soon =)!!) So far my biggest issues have been the low frequencies, the good old kick and bass, which sounded to me not very open or smooth.
Well enough said, I hope you guys will help me to improve my technical skills as I hope I could be helpful for you all.
Thanks a lot!

Ale

Rohr Sha
fake

Post by Rohr Sha »

Welcome Ale. It seems that we share the same interest for the same labels and kind of techno. I'm more discreet than active here, but I can assure you this forum is full of nice guys.
ps : Luigitozzii's last ep on Hypnus is an excellent release.

aledotm
GET A FUCKING AVATAR!!

Post by aledotm »

Hello Rohr Sha. We do share the same interests, I came across your release with Zann a while ago on "members track" and I really liked it a lot and yes, I agree, Luigi's releases are excellent and full of energy. Hope to talk to you soon and listen to some more good music :).

moodygoo
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by moodygoo »

Hello! Regarding the fact that I am required to post more in order to post my music in this forum, here I am.
Lately I find myself rarely chatting in forums, but if I must... :))) Kinda feels like that thing in the USA where if you are a sexual offender you must introduce yourself to the neighbors lol. Just joking. If that are the humble rules of this forum - may it be. I think it's worth it.

So Hi again, my name is Larry and I am not an alcoholic.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

aledotm wrote:Hello everyone!
My name is Alessandro, from Italy, Rome. I subscribed to the forum a few months ago and I now decided to take an active part in the community as you all seem to be very nice people. Luigitozzii, who happens to be one of my favourite artists, a big reference point and now a good friend, introduced me to subsekt. I'm interested mainly in ambient/techno (to make a clear example labels such as Northen Electronics, Semantica, Hypnus, Spectrum Spools etc.). I fell really into techno roughly 3 years ago but I always appreciated it and started to make my own music towards the end of last summer. I took an audio engineering course in 2011 which lasted 9 months and worked a little bit as an assistant in London clubs but never really had a chance to apply what I've learned inside a studio since I got Ableton last year and realised what I really wanted to do and what kind of music I wanted to make. As I said I use Ableton as production tool with a few plugin instruments and effects, also everything I do is software based (but I'm planning to buy my first machines soon =)!!) So far my biggest issues have been the low frequencies, the good old kick and bass, which sounded to me not very open or smooth.
Well enough said, I hope you guys will help me to improve my technical skills as I hope I could be helpful for you all.
Thanks a lot!

Ale
Welcome Ale! Thanks for posting :)

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Rohr Sha wrote: I can assure you this forum is full of nice guys..
Thanks for the kind words man!

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

moodygoo wrote:Hello! Regarding the fact that I am required to post more in order to post my music in this forum, here I am.
Lately I find myself rarely chatting in forums, but if I must... :))) Kinda feels like that thing in the USA where if you are a sexual offender you must introduce yourself to the neighbors lol. Just joking. If that are the humble rules of this forum - may it be. I think it's worth it.

So Hi again, my name is Larry and I am not an alcoholic.
Hahaha.. Appreciate you posting Larry! You know the drill :mrgreen:

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

moodygoo wrote: my name is Larry and I am not an alcoholic.
:shock:
ok, that's it, you're out !
chou chou, out you go ! :D

Kolloid
tense

Post by Kolloid »

Hello everyone! My 'name' is Kolloid, I'm from the Netherlands. Living in the Netherlands, especially the area around the big cities is pretty much amazing for a lover of techno :D No lack of decent parties to go to. That's probably how my love for techno started. I used to listen to metal, or at least music on the heavier side. Then after a few parties I started to get into more and more electronic music. Techno sort of grew on me, I guess it's an acquired taste? :lol: It all begun with some Bumload records, and over time I found myself drifting to harder and more techno-er techno. You'll probably kill me for this but I still enjoy the occasional Bumload release :roll:

Anyway I've been producing for about a year now. Definitely starting to get more and more into it, and getting progressively happier with the results. I work software only for now, on Logic Pro X. Too bad though, most people here use Ableton if I'm correct.

Welp I guess that's it, hi everyone!

willemb
Mild

Post by willemb »

Im a Logic 9 user, there are other non abletonners here too