New members say hello...

General Chat // Music Discussion
Hades
Shit Eater
Re: New members say hello...

Post by Hades »

RdA wrote:My name is Raul de Almeida and I produce under the same name. I had other projects in the past (from Future Garage to IDM) but I decided to move to techno since I love the minimal culture.

Right now I'm signed to Pure Beat, City Music and Minihard. I expect to get to other labels in the future to come. I'm from Portugal, I'm 21 years old and I hope you guys enjoy my music :D

Pedro, quick, you got a date ! :D
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

KlockerBen wrote:Hi guys, heard I needed to introduce myself here. Belgian techno producer, been doing this for three years but still need to learn a lot! Don't pay attention to the name quickly needed something :D
where from in Belgium ?

tuuluuwag
Unfriended

Post by tuuluuwag »

quest wrote:
Yeah Toronto has a good scene! Chris Liebing at CODA end of the month! I had an amazing time catching Steve Lawler last summer there.

For Vancouver it's similar, to catch the good shows you have to get down to Seattle.

Detroit's on its way back, Movement Festival looks good this year.
i agree. went to see black asteroid and marco bailey last month at RED in toronto.. smaller venue, but was amazing.

movement is definitely picking up steam.. i went to demf from 2000 - 2003.. then it all kidna fell apart for me.. but picked up again about 3 years ago.. been going since. awesome atmosphere outside... the underground stage has been dominant in previous years.. eardrums officially ruined.
got my tix to this year.. not sure how i will be able to split my time up to hear all the guys i want too
make. shit. happen.

tuuluuwag
Unfriended

Post by tuuluuwag »

Hades wrote:
if you're in Toronto area, and not too far from Detroit, where exactly ?
my family lived in Essex, Ontario for years,
and I spent many happy summers there.

Later, when I was at univ here in Belgium, I even worked 2 summers in tobacco harvest near London, Ontario,
in a tiny tiny village named Otterville.
I really liked London, but I guess you like any small city if you've lived in such a small town like Otterville for 2 months. :D

Now they've all moved to Toronto.
First my 3 cousins were living in Vancouver, Quebec and Toronto, then they all moved to Toronto,
and after retirement their parents sold their house in Essex and moved to Toronto to be closer to their grandchildren.
Whenever my mom complains I live at 2 hours driving from her, I repeat to her that once her sister had to fly all over the country in order to see her sons. :D
currently i am stationed in Kitchener.. just up the road from London.. i grew up in and around Toronto, but my parents got sick of the city lifestyle and wanted a smaller city to call home. Kitchener has been great.. i moved to England in the early 2000's and was there for about 6 years.. gave me the option to revel in the European scenes with ease.

i know Otterville, old co-worker used to live there too..

wish i was back in Belgium... i biked through a large portion when i lived over that way.. started in Dover and worked my way through Europe on bike (pedal bike that is).. was a huge adventure..

all this being said.. Toronto will always be my true home
make. shit. happen.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

tuuluuwag wrote:
i know Otterville, old co-worker used to live there too..

wish i was back in Belgium... i biked through a large portion when i lived over that way.. started in Dover and worked my way through Europe on bike (pedal bike that is).. was a huge adventure..

all this being said.. Toronto will always be my true home
haha.
when I got back from Otterville the 1st summer I worked there, a few days later our 2nd year at univ started, and one of my best friends invited me to a little party at his dorm.
One of the guys living there started talking to me "didn't you go to Canada working in tobacco harvest ?"
I was kind of suspicious cause I felt it was really hard explaining what it was like living and working in another country (always had the same feeling back when I used to live and work in Germany as well, even if that's still just a neighbouring country of ours), and after a short talk it turned out the guy did exactly the same but 1 year earlier.
Guess where ? In Otterville !! Only he stayed with the 2nd tobacco farmer of the smalltown. :lol:
How small are the odds considering back then (the first year I went) there were only 8 Belgian guys a year doing that stuff.
He even had this tape with a famous tobacco primer track "tillsonburg, tillsonburg, my back still aches when I heard that word", talking about how the singer always though cigarettes grew on trees.
just found it back on youtube, stupid song but fuck me if that doesn't bring back some memories...
"the bunk house... if it gets a little chilly you can close the door"
hahaha !
I used to literally microwave my socks and t-shirt before stepping outside at 6AM to start the job, just to keep me warm for the first few minutes on those chilly september mornings.
Untill one day my t-shirt caught fire in the microwave... :lol:
"nicotin tar and morning dew"
oh yeah, I had nicotine tar on my arms and in my (back then long curly) hair for months. Didn't matter how many showers you took, it stayed in there.

youtu.be/v6EiYbRTv4M

Though in all honesty : I was never a primer (if you even know what that job is), but a kiln-hanger the 1st year, and a stripper the 2nd year.
First year was my hardest, cause if I didn't work fast enough, I had 12 other people who had to wait till I was up to speed again.
One of the fucking hardest jobs I ever did, but I never regretted doing that.
I once asked one of my cousins if he didn't want to join me when I got back the next summer.
Oh no, he preferred to do a summer job at the local Coca-Cola factory... :shock: :?
Needless to say my opinion of him was never the same again after that... :D

Anyway, the guy that also worked at Otterville is a pretty well known DJ in the Belgian underground (but he can't live of his DJ'ing), Levon Vincent once stayed at his place and left him a kind of "motivational" poem, to make sure he believed in doing music out of true love for it, and never ever give up.
Just read that Levon gave away his first full album for free for the first 24hours (just D/L'ed it) before releasing it officially, saying it was a kind of "fuck you" statement to those in our society just trying get more power/money/...
All the more power to Levon and lots of respect for doing that ! :)

About your biking experience : superb stuff man !
I did the camino de Santiago 4 times, and it was one of the best things I ever did in my whole life.
All you had to worry about was the weather, cause all day rain was just fucking hell for your feet and your moral in general.
But yeah, it totally made you relaxed and so anti-consumerism when you got back.
It made you realize that all you needed was some good company (for proper conversations) and sometimes food and a place to sleep, all the rest was totally trivial.

I'm setting aside a small amount of cash for my 4 god-children, which should amount to a nice sum in total, which I plan to give to them when they turn 18.
If I'm still around by then it's my biggest wish I can walk at least a week to 10 days of the Camino before I give them that money (they don't know they're getting that of course, it would totally ruin the spontanious relationship I have with them), so they have a slight hint that money is not at all what life is all about.

btw : do you still see that co-worker who lives in Otterville ? If so, PM me, and I have to say hello to 2 or 3 people through him/her.
It's been almost 16 years or so since I was last there.

tuuluuwag
Unfriended

Post by tuuluuwag »

hades - that is quite the small world.. i've run into people i know on flights from A to B before.. and usually overseas, .. but running into a fella who's worked in Otterville, that takes the cake. camino de santiago would be a well deserved trip.. i've heard of people i know doing portions of it..

i have been feverishly working towards a vacation through Peru for a month. Inca trail.. Maccu Pichu etc.. i think there is a certain quality of life there that is overlooked by city life - as much as i appreciate the blistering speed at which things progress.. spending a month trailing and biking through peru is something i have always wanted to do.

the ole co-worker.. havent seen the chappie in about 8 years.. he moved from the area just after i returned from england. not entirely sure where he ended up, but rumor mills posted him somewhere down Texas way..
make. shit. happen.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

tuuluuwag wrote:hades - that is quite the small world.. i've run into people i know on flights from A to B before.. and usually overseas, .. but running into a fella who's worked in Otterville, that takes the cake. camino de santiago would be a well deserved trip.. i've heard of people i know doing portions of it..

i have been feverishly working towards a vacation through Peru for a month. Inca trail.. Maccu Pichu etc.. i think there is a certain quality of life there that is overlooked by city life - as much as i appreciate the blistering speed at which things progress.. spending a month trailing and biking through peru is something i have always wanted to do.

the ole co-worker.. havent seen the chappie in about 8 years.. he moved from the area just after i returned from england. not entirely sure where he ended up, but rumor mills posted him somewhere down Texas way..
shame you don't see your old co-worker any more.
would have been curious to hear about some folks in Otterville after all these years.
When my kids are older, I plan to do another big road trip in Canada and the US, and I certainly plan to stop by Otterville for a few hours,
just out of nostalgia I guess, and to see if some of the folks are still there.

be careful doing your Peru trip man.
I suppose by now you are a seasoned traveller, but a life in South America sure doesn't have the same value it has in our parts of the world.
You can get killed there for just a few hundred dollars, if even that,
and if you plan to travel alone, then I suggest you take extra care.

I once stood looking at the grave of a 27 year old guy.
My grandfather's grave was at the same graveyard, my mother told me what happened to the guy :
he had "everything nicely arranged" in his life, so to say,
decent job, little house, planning to start a family in the near future.
But he still wanted to make a trip by bicycle through South America.
So he gave up the job, and planned to make a 2 month journey, all by himself.
They just killed him and stole his money in something like his 2nd week.
Never found his killers either.
It makes you think about those big dreams of "going travelling, seeing the world", all that cliché stuff.
I've done my part of travelling and seeing the world, and though I haven't been in South America, I've travelled around Cuba once.
I sure wouldn't have done that by myself, even if Cuba is far less dangerous than some South American countries.

tuuluuwag
Unfriended

Post by tuuluuwag »

Hades -
thanks for the heads up. I seen my fair share of places I don't necessarily fit into over the years.. i travelled through Europe for 4 months backpacking.. made some discoveries.. saw things that you would never see advertised!

that being said. I have also survived multiple nights wandering the rough streets of Detroit anywhere from 11pm - 5am.. keen wit and the ability to run - fast!

the concept of losing life for a couple bucks mystifies me.. but i suppose i am cut from a cloth that enabled me to live comfortably and i can't feel the desperation that some others do.. i have 2 little girls now.. and it's something you have to worry about these days.
make. shit. happen.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

tuuluuwag wrote: i have 2 little girls now.. and it's something you have to worry about these days.
tell me about it.
I had 2 little girls.
Now my oldest is already 7,5 and not so little anymore. :P
and my youngest has a small motoric problem which demands extra attention.
Next to that I have 4 god-children, last one wasn't even mine originally, but it's the youngest daughter of my deceased sister (cancer, died 3,5 years ago),
and her brother-in-law used to be the godfather of the girl, till the dude hanged himself and the little girl said "now my mommy is in heaven and my godfather is in heaven as well", so yeah, I just proposed to take her "under my wings" as well, even if I already had 3 godchildren, I mean, jezus, if your heart doesn't break when you hear some kid say that shit, then you're a stone-hearted cold bastard motherfucker.

It makes one think twice about things we used to just do and never consider the risks when we were younger.
I mean, I can just picture the scene where my mother has to grasp the thought that next to one of her daughters getting killed by cancer, now her only son got killed by
1. being an idiot while mountainbiking and trespassing into a "wild area" so now he got overrun by a horde of deer, or
2. being even more of an idiot and he took some bad E, or
3. fell asleep behind the wheel and got into a car crash, because he was having insomnia for so many weeks, or
4. he got killed by some even bigger idiots because he was travelling to some unsafe place with not enough protection

getting older seems to mean being responsible for more others.
it makes you think twice about a lot of stuff ! :shock: :?

Beni Shoga
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Beni Shoga »

Hi

I'm Mike, techno fan from London, currently living abroad in Hong Kong.

Previous metalhead/grunger, got into all things electronic in 93-94. Been messing with music software since 1999, but only seriously started making any real effort 3 years ago.

mattie
refusenik

Post by mattie »

Welcome Mike and Steve. I love metal,what part of Ireland Steve?

bergertron
site spammer

Post by bergertron »

Hi All,

I was on blackoutaudio for years as djfilthmonger - Started djing 12 years ago. only stopped mixing vinyl about 2 years ago but on occasions still do.
I started making music seriously for the last 2 years as in for many many years I never followed through with trying to finish something.

I love all techno i have enjoyed Acid Techno, Hard Techno, Even Schranz :o , etc.
never a fan of minimal bores me.
In the last two years I have acquired launch pad s, launch control, launch control XL, launchkey mini and recently the novation audiohub 2x4.
With that I have been making music on this and mixing with ableton.
Here is a mix of mine I put together in Dec -
https://soundcloud.com/djfilthmonger/dec-part2

Simplistix (Sebastien Leger Remix) Sebastien Leger, Kaiserdisco
Aidan (Samuel L Session Remix) Samuel L Session, Joachim Spieth
Signal (Original Mix) Regal (ES) Enemy Records
Drummer II (Original Mix) Petter B BOND
Vultura (Original Mix) DNGLS Anemone Recordings
The Realm (Original Mix) Slam Bumload
The Mouth Of Montreal (Original Mix) Dustin Zahn Enemy Records
Perron (Original Mix) Marc Marzenit Tronic
Royal (Original Mix) Regal (ES) Enemy Records
Phrenesis (D. Diggler Remix) D. Diggler, Oli Drago Toneman
Flashback (Christian Smith & Wehbba 3am Mix) Christian Smith, Laurent Garnier, Wehbba
Unconditional Beauty (Original Mix) Luigi Madonna Bumload
Monkey Puzzle (Original Mix) Chris Colburn H-Productions
Yeeahh (Original Mix) Tom Hades Rhythm Converted
Mutate (Original Mix) Christian Smith, Wehbba Tronic
Blow Your Mind (Coefficient Remix) Coefficient, Kill Ref Darknet
Tape Drones (Original Mix) Luigi Madonna Sleaze Records (UK)
Remember (Original Mix) Rob Hes KD Music

Enjoy and nice to meet you all

From Waterford Ireland live in Dublin now

Patriek
Mititei

Post by Patriek »

Welcome to all the new faces! \o/
Don't try for perfect, it's never enough
https://hearthis.at/patriek/
http://www.soundcloud.com/patriek

tuuluuwag
Unfriended

Post by tuuluuwag »

Hades wrote:
tell me about it.
I had 2 little girls.
Now my oldest is already 7,5 and not so little anymore. :P
and my youngest has a small motoric problem which demands extra attention.
Next to that I have 4 god-children, last one wasn't even mine originally, but it's the youngest daughter of my deceased sister (cancer, died 3,5 years ago),
and her brother-in-law used to be the godfather of the girl, till the dude hanged himself and the little girl said "now my mommy is in heaven and my godfather is in heaven as well", so yeah, I just proposed to take her "under my wings" as well, even if I already had 3 godchildren, I mean, jezus, if your heart doesn't break when you hear some kid say that shit, then you're a stone-hearted cold bastard motherfucker.

It makes one think twice about things we used to just do and never consider the risks when we were younger.
I mean, I can just picture the scene where my mother has to grasp the thought that next to one of her daughters getting killed by cancer, now her only son got killed by
1. being an idiot while mountainbiking and trespassing into a "wild area" so now he got overrun by a horde of deer, or
2. being even more of an idiot and he took some bad E, or
3. fell asleep behind the wheel and got into a car crash, because he was having insomnia for so many weeks, or
4. he got killed by some even bigger idiots because he was travelling to some unsafe place with not enough protection

getting older seems to mean being responsible for more others.
it makes you think twice about a lot of stuff ! :shock: :?
Jesus.. I make complaints about my life and the lack of time and concentration I get to focus on music and production.. you sir seem to make me look like a whiney bitch!

i agree about the risk factor though.. many of the places i used to go, i dont really get too anymore, mainly due to finances of kids, house, cars, insurance, daycare blah blah.. adds up real quick.. it wasn't the life i anticipated 10 years ago... but here it is and now you gotta make due.
make. shit. happen.

Alan
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Alan »

Hi i'm Alan and i came across this forum while searching for one to spend on my free time.
I think i like it and i'm gonna stay with you guys. I'm a producer of progressive house/techno and ambient as well.
I haven't release anything yet but i'm positive i'll have my first release soon this year.

Evil_Dali
Little chief

Post by Evil_Dali »

Hello everybody, my name is Henrik and I'm from Finland. I have produced music for couple of years, some dubstep, psytrance and now I've moved to the world of haunting and warehousy techno. Haven't got any releases yet, but hopefully soon I will. What can I say, I love techno and that's why I joined this forum :)

Chael
Get a fucking avatar

Post by Chael »

Im Chael, been bit of a lurker on these forums for a month or 2 , you all seem like a cool bunch so figured id register and join the banter.
Im a dj of 15 years started off playing nuskool breaks but always had a soft spot for techno and realised I'm better off following my heart, now I'm techno all the way.
I do my monthly podcast - the isolation mix series, be sure to check it out! Also been dabbling in the dark arts of production for a year or 2 now, looking to hook up with peeps in my area (Northwest uk)

SFBM
&roid

Post by SFBM »

Chael wrote:Im Chael, been bit of a lurker on these forums for a month or 2 , you all seem like a cool bunch so figured id register and join the banter.
Im a dj of 15 years started off playing nuskool breaks but always had a soft spot for techno and realised I'm better off following my heart, now I'm techno all the way.
I do my monthly podcast - the isolation mix series, be sure to check it out! Also been dabbling in the dark arts of production for a year or 2 now, looking to hook up with peeps in my area (Northwest uk)
Welcome mate! That's how I got started in a way, just kept listening to music, randomly DJing (in bedroom no less) and music fascinated me so much I went to the dark side of production :P hahaha. I still love mixing but there's so much more fun to production in the end, I reckon!

numberfive
GET A FUCKING AVATAR!!

Post by numberfive »

Hi everyone !

I'm a producer and sound designer from france.
I really like the idea of ​​this forum so I hope to take good times here :)

See u !

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Welcome everyone! Thanks for joining us & writing a bit :)

Cheers,

John
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB