What's with all the 'check my track, give feedback' thanks

General Chat // Music Discussion
SquareTheCircle
quasi-public
Re: What's with all the 'check my track, give feedback' than

Post by SquareTheCircle »

Subconcious wrote:I am new here and I agree with this topic.
I have been reading here for months before making my first post, which was presenting myself in the new member corner.
I have some of the core members on FB, I love the philosophy in this forum and I won't be talking about this to anyone since it should stay a forum for the core members. I'll be introducing myself a couple more times before starting serious discussions, it's a mather of respect I guess.
The first rule of Subsekt is do not talk about Subsekt
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
BandCamp: https://jonathanhart.bandcamp.com
SoundCloud WIPS: https://soundcloud.com/djsquarethecircle
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

SquareTheCircle wrote:
lol
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Subconcious wrote:I am new here and I agree with this topic.
I have been reading here for months before making my first post, which was presenting myself in the new member corner.
I have some of the core members on FB, I love the philosophy in this forum and I won't be talking about this to anyone since it should stay a forum for the core members. I'll be introducing myself a couple more times before starting serious discussions, it's a mather of respect I guess.
Thats v.cool man! Appreciate you saying that 8-)
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

ICN wrote:
SquareTheCircle wrote:
lol

well, planar said this ain't fight club, and I suppose he's right.
but on the other hand, as I said earlier : I don't think a lot of active publicity will do the site very good in the future.
let's just have people "discover" this site, at least it will mean they have done some searching before they stumbled upon subsekt cuntry...
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

OBVIOUSLY.. We would need a certain amount of new blood coming through. Its no fun being a walled community. If they manage to climb over the fence & want to stay then that is enough. I agree Tom.

But maybe.. depends on what everyone thinks; What about doing a cull of people who just post tracks & dont interact? Delete them if they have over 20 posts of 'Hey, check out my new track broz" & no interaction giving feedback to others or elsewhere on the site. Boom. Get Rid.

Some people love listening to other peoples tracks & giving feedback. No problemo there at all. Thats 100% - but its the ones who just post link after link that annoy me.

?

THE POST COUNT THING:

I've tried doing it, setting a limit for posts to make new topics.. but it doesnt work.

This site needs 2 things right now:

1. People to mod.
2. Someone to do some backend stuff on a semi regular basis.

They go hand in hand. We've asked before for help but time has got in the way of it happening. My personal time has really been zapped by Kid No.2 and a monumental increase in the amount of work that I'm doing. I'm always either working or juggling sprogs these days.

This time we need to get better organised & make shit happen. If we do then it'll be a lot easier to maintain.

surface
Balance

Post by surface »

If you want me to mod then give me a shout.
I check in here most days and , with my circumstances, I have lots of time lately.
I promise not to let the power go to my head :)

Image..

ps11
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by ps11 »

So this is the second topic I've posted on, first being the "New Members say hello..." a few days ago.

I wanted to say that this is the first forum I've ever joined. I found subsekt google searching production tips or something after taking a few year hiatus from making techno. The urge to post my newly finished tune and ask for feedback was certainly there, since only a handful of people I used to hang with back in NYC are still making/djing techno anymore, and the town in upstate NY I live in now is full of EDM/Trap/Dubstep people. So getting feedback, or having people that you can throw ideas around with is good, you know... iron sharpens iron. Before I did that though, and I still haven't, I looked over the site and started reading a lot of the posts here. Maybe its because I'm 40 now and a bit more thought out in my approach to things in life, and although I can see new peoples need or want to post tunes for feedback or recognition or whatever, I decided to read. As a matter of fact, the sticky in the "members tracks" section is what stopped me.

There is some really great info in this forum so I can see how contributing members would want to protect it... I guess the ones who are looking for real feedback will change when called out and start contributing, cause you fuckers can be rough ;)

ross-alexander
endless

Post by ross-alexander »

Make me famouse like ritchy horton I've no time to read because I need to comb my hair and beard. Thanks in advance dj shuttlecocker.

"People are stupid, selfish and lazy"

EKT
BAD

Post by EKT »

The last 3 years my only visited forum was from singlecellsoftware.. the engineers of the app I use. The members have increased very quickly, there`s no real moderation too. The Show & Tell forum (their new tracks section) is quite a mess today so the most older members shrinked back their appearence in this section. I`ts a normal evolution in all this music-producing-forums. At a point there have to be rules and restrictions. I don`t think simple post-count limitation will be a good solution. But on the other hand checking the quality of each new user posting will be a lifetime work for mods / mentors. I wanted to see something different and searched for another living forum for electronic music. Good to know that this one is alive!
I had to laugh that I found this discussion on my first day :D

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

^^ Well, welcome man! That is a very interesting insight there.

I agree. Its completely fucking futile. The amount of time everything takes diverts everyone from the main reason why they originally got involved. True. So true.

Its like weeding. Spend all your life tending to a garden & after x amount of time of it not being cared for its reverted right back to a wild state.

Alert
brown envelope

Post by Alert »

:lol:

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Alert wrote:Image

I think that of your current 109 posts, there must 107 that are just pics...

surface
Balance

Post by surface »

Mostly funny, it has to be said.
A picture paints a thousand words...
That pic reminds me of a cover for one of those terrible "Now That's What I Call Music" compilations ..

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

surface wrote:Mostly funny, it has to be said.
didn't say it wasn't funny, just that it was hard to ignore
kind of like the massive length of most of my posts... :)

quest
will fuck for food

Post by quest »

I think i'm gonna use that pic to express regret to all my FB friends who were bombarded in the early stages of the project (wrapping up around nowish).

It's hard when it's a new project and you don't have any ability to assess what you create objectively. I guess by the time you get going you find a flow and don't need feedback as much anymore.

Alert
brown envelope

Post by Alert »

Hades wrote:
Alert wrote:Image

I think that of your current 109 posts, there must 107 that are just pics...
LULZ