What's with all the 'check my track, give feedback' thanks

General Chat // Music Discussion
Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt
Re: What's with all the 'check my track, give feedback' than

Post by Lost to the Void »

I don`t see it as a major problem. New track posts do seem to have increased, but most of them have a low or no post count on them, so they are shouting to an empty room mostly.
If they genuinely want to get involved they will, and if not, back to soundcloud with them...
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

First of I'm not saying that these problems annoy me, because like most of us here I think this wave of new members will pass like always. But I do think thats its good to discuss it.

Yeah the new members are shouting into empty rooms. But the thing is that then the members track section might end up like the new release section, dead. Which brings me to an other point: while we are at it, can we do something with the release section as wel? Its an pested and infected place for spammers though it can be a great place to discuss new releases and discover new artist and sounds.

I agree with Hades here, subsekt should not be "the place to be" and should stay free of to much gifs and images, and stupid posts. Subsekt is a place of education, friends and not unimpotant networking. I've been here over a year I guess and maybe I'm not as hardcore as some of you, but I'd hate to see people leave because this place is becoming what its not supposed to be. I've been on a few forums, a bmx and a drug forum and the people were complaining that it was better in the old days. So maybe we should take precautionary measures to filter this place from nonsense before it ever comes to a point that its to late.

Though I'm not a big fan of the postcount thing. The thing I really love about subsekt is that the postcount does not have any status. On a lot of forums your credibility increases with increasing postcount, thats really annoying and just rediculous. It invites people to spam to get a higher postcount and thus to fit it. I'm not saying that its bound to happen here but yeah, I dont know. Lets stay equal.

Isnt there like a way that new members cant see the members track section. If they dont know about it they wont come here asking for feedback? ... but then maybe they will post feedback post all over the bloody forum. That would be even worse. oke scratch that idea.

And what about two members track places, one hidden and one for the newcomers? That would mean that you could gain acces to that section after an amount of time or maybe apply to it via one of the admins/moderators.

By the way I also agree with Planar, for some of us the members track section is really important. I've gotten a lot of great feedback and support from that section. And sometimes feedback is just the thing you need to finish tracks, again again and again. It not only gives insight on what other people think of your technical skills and overall sound experience, its also great to hear positive things about what your doing in this world full of tar and piss.

Subconcious
broke

Post by Subconcious »

I am new here and I agree with this topic.
I have been reading here for months before making my first post, which was presenting myself in the new member corner.
I have some of the core members on FB, I love the philosophy in this forum and I won't be talking about this to anyone since it should stay a forum for the core members. I'll be introducing myself a couple more times before starting serious discussions, it's a mather of respect I guess.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Alume wrote: in this world full of tar and piss.

;)
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Subconcious wrote:it's a mather of respect I guess.
exactly !

noo ?
si !
noo ?
si !
rhoooo...

and we really don't mean the hipperdiehipperdiehophop kind of douchebag "respect". :D ;)

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

Subconcious wrote:I won't be talking about this to anyone since it should stay a forum for the core members.
Hi Subconcious. Glad to see you getting involved, but it's not Fight Club ;)

Subconcious
broke

Post by Subconcious »

Planar wrote:
Subconcious wrote:I won't be talking about this to anyone since it should stay a forum for the core members.
Hi Subconcious. Glad to see you getting involved, but it's not Fight Club ;)
Hi Planar, nice to meet you. Don't worry, English is not my main language, what I was trying to say is the people here should be the hardcore music lovers who are here to actually contribute, it should NOT get mainstream, well imo, it would ruin the beauty of this forum, that's what this topic is about i think.
Thanks for welcoming me man ;)

Subconcious
broke

Post by Subconcious »

Hades wrote:
Subconcious wrote:it's a mather of respect I guess.
exactly !

noo ?
si !
noo ?
si !
rhoooo...

and we really don't mean the hipperdiehipperdiehophop kind of douchebag "respect". :D ;)
Don't get fooled by the spelling ERROR in my name, it was a quick mistake and I still have to figure out how to change that :)

I took almost a year to get to know you guys before you actually know me, just to make it easier for myself to fit in.
I read so many posts here before introducing myself, boy oh boy did I had fun reading here :)

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Subconcious wrote:I am new here and I agree with this topic.
I have been reading here for months before making my first post, which was presenting myself in the new member corner.
I have some of the core members on FB, I love the philosophy in this forum and I won't be talking about this to anyone since it should stay a forum for the core members. I'll be introducing myself a couple more times before starting serious discussions, it's a mather of respect I guess.
I think by stating that you have made yourself more than welcome to start some serious discussions.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Patriek
Mititei

Post by Patriek »

I like the section, and i don't think there is a way to actually get some organisation in the 'member tracks' forums. I spoke about this with John a while back. I do listen to a lot of the tracks, but i only give feedback to those who are involved.

But i can imagine people are getting frustrated or annoyed by some of the posts :P perhaps we need some more nazi mods in here!
Don't try for perfect, it's never enough
https://hearthis.at/patriek/
http://www.soundcloud.com/patriek

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

I speak fluent Nazi German !
sometimes I make my oldest (who is perfectly bilingual Dutch/German) laugh by speaking German.
Or I do the angry orders yelling Nazi imitation,
or I do the über-gay imitation, like Hans Teeuwen perfectly did here...

youtu.be/czh-OAtZfT4

it always makes her laugh.
She admitted to me (when my mrs wasn't around) that she likes Dutch better as a language.
What can I say ? :D

Patriek
Mititei

Post by Patriek »

You use way to many words Hades, for becoming a nazi mod. Short and catchy like: Stfu, foad, Fu, Get lost... think you can handle that? :P
Don't try for perfect, it's never enough
https://hearthis.at/patriek/
http://www.soundcloud.com/patriek

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

@ (my good oldfriend) Hades: don't be such a hipster cunt trying to keep subsekt as a place for eliterists and "underground". :lol:

If this place starts getting too busy with ibiza crap, John or James can easily rename the forum to cuntsekt, no? 8-)
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

SigEnt
will fuck for food

Post by SigEnt »

cuntsekt does have a pleasant but slightly punky ring to it..... yeah, sign me up.

Some very valid points raised in this discussion (before the pink German fella jumped in, no not you Mono ;)).

I shall stick my big oar in and enlighten people with my opinions around these parts more often.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Mono-xID wrote:@ (my good oldfriend) Hades: don't be such a hipster cunt trying to keep subsekt as a place for eliterists and "underground". :lol:

If this place starts getting too busy with ibiza crap, John or James can easily rename the forum to cuntsekt, no? 8-)

the German was funny though, no ?
I mean, give me the stand-up comedian that does a Dutch imitation and is that funny.
"Kennst Du dass A-team ? 4 Menner in ein schwarzen Van, mit duncklen Ramen, man kann sich eindenken wass dar los geht" :lol:
Yes yes, I know, I can't write German at all, I only learned how to speak it, and of course how to obey the mrs, always important, learning how to take in German orders,
you should see how my oldest was trying to order me around just now, you keep the kid at home cause she has a fever,
and now you get ordered to play Uno for hours... (there goes the day for making music) :)

but anyway, I strongly suspect Mono just wants more hipsters into subsekt cuntry so he can have a good laugh.
You already have Hipheim (and most of Berlin) for that you twat !
I live in a smalltown, and being a slave of my 3 women, subsekt is my gateway/lifeline to cultivated techno folks.

Seriously though, I'm not hopelessly trying to keep subsekt a secret, but I do believe in keeping it moderately sized, if that is at all possible.
We don't know what the future will bring, but maybe we should reconsider how most of us got here in the first place.
I think I got here through a google search.
I'm hoping most of us got here through that.
That would mean me, you, whoever, got here through actively searching for information,
to me that's already an advantage, and it means those people might be far more inclined to bring useful info to the forum instead of demanding our endless help for no thanks whatsoever.
If you just get here cause people are talking about "this techno forum" as the "new place to be", then I don't have high hopes about the new folks coming in that way... :|

And (though this is purely a personal point coming from me), if subsekt really becomes a lot bigger I'm done posting long private posts enjoying the rather safe anonimity and the sometimes philosophical conversations some of us have here on the current moderately sized subsekt forum. (there's one topic that jumps to my mind immediately, but which I won't mention again for obvious reasons)
Now of course you'd enjoy nothing more than to have my words reduced, but there should be more easy solutions to that.
I'm sure Steve knows some folks who could come and cut off all of my fingers, and then at least you'd be safe for the time it takes for me to learn how to type fast with my toes. :lol:

rktic
Utter Cunt

Post by rktic »

I'm with Steve about "give and take".

How about a minimum of eg 10 posts before you can create an own topic? I'm under the impression that a lot of people simply never learned a good set of common sense online habits. Ppreserving a healthy forum needs a set of rules that go beyond the "netiquette" thing. I read Fight Club somewhere in this thread. Which is a perfect example of how rules can aid defining something.

Imho you don't wanna start messing around with the entire forum structure, secret sections and whatever. Not solving the problem at its heart.

Subconcious
broke

Post by Subconcious »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Subconcious wrote:I am new here and I agree with this topic.
I think by stating that you have made yourself more than welcome to start some serious discussions.
Looking forward

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

rktic wrote:I'm with Steve about "give and take".

How about a minimum of eg 10 posts before you can create an own topic? I'm under the impression that a lot of people simply never learned a good set of common sense online habits. Ppreserving a healthy forum needs a set of rules that go beyond the "netiquette" thing. I read Fight Club somewhere in this thread. Which is a perfect example of how rules can aid defining something.

Imho you don't wanna start messing around with the entire forum structure, secret sections and whatever. Not solving the problem at its heart.
oh no, secret sections is just a plain stupid idea in my opinion (apart from that superb hidden part of subsekt we don't want Pedro to know about of course),
but in my honest opinion 10 posts won't do it, that's what they have now as the standard "interact, please don't start spamming us",
and yet I still frequently see folks above that 10 post count where I can't help but thinking "who ?" and that are clearly just spamming us.
doing 10 posts is as easy as stamping on little kittens, I think subsekt history has proven that we need to make it more than just 10.

just my 2cts though

PixelKind
who is it?

Post by PixelKind »

i dont think that would work either. if u make a 10-post limit people would just write random comments until they reach those 10 to post whatever spam they had in mind. then we just have 10 times the spam...

rktic
Utter Cunt

Post by rktic »

PixelKind wrote:i dont think that would work either. if u make a 10-post limit people would just write random comments until they reach those 10 to post whatever spam they had in mind. then we just have 10 times the spam...
Well, 10 is just an arbitary number. And yes, it's probably not going to work by just setting up a restriction like that. What's missing is a handy dandy set of rules you can't miss when registering, why this number exists. Otherwise it shouldn't exist in first place.

That's the most effective way of communicating.

E.g. (just shootin' the dark).

Rule #1: Don't be an idiot (Meet & greet before you eat)
Rule #2: Don't be an idiot (Don't expect wisdom from anyone who doesn't know you)
Rule #3: Don't be a fucking idiot (Don't spam. Or at least make it doesn't look like spam).

And yes, i wish all this wasn't necessary at all :)