Interact. Don't Spam.
Re: New members say hello...

Post by flp »

Hello

JamesBegley
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by JamesBegley »

Hey everyone, james is the name, im from ireland and I found this forum through a tutorial on youtube.

Haven't been part of any music production forums before so I signed up not really knowing what to expect !

Began learning as much as I could about music production from youtube and what not about 6 years ago, and here I am today still clueless about what I'm doing. :lol:
Haven't really ever had the money to get professionally tutored but its something I'm really keen on doing as soon as I can.
Hoping to learn as much as I can from the more experienced lads on this and progress from doing this as a hobby into something more.

Love all things techno really, new school, old school it all goes down well.
I think the thing that really attracted me to the genre was how real everything is, Its all about the music and tracks have an intelligent edge that you really don't find with other genres.

Anyway before I write a short story, Ill call it a day and see you all around ! :)

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

JamesBegley wrote:Hey everyone, james is the name, im from ireland and I found this forum through a tutorial on youtube.
which tutorial ?
I fear the day wheen youtube video's are actually referencing to us.
It could be the end of our nice and cosy place and bring in the masses (no offence).

JamesBegley wrote: Haven't been part of any music production forums before so I signed up not really knowing what to expect !
this ones' different from most others.
it's all about cunts here.
JamesBegley wrote: Began learning as much as I could about music production from youtube and what not about 6 years ago, and here I am today still clueless about what I'm doing. :lol:
we're all still learning, even after many years.
But if one thing counts, it's not about how many years, it's about how many hours.
putting in the hours is the best way to learn anything properly
JamesBegley wrote: Haven't really ever had the money to get professionally tutored but its something I'm really keen on doing as soon as I can.
save your money on that professional thing. They're all asking far too much and you'll be learning far too little.
Learn it yourself, that's the proper techno way.

JamesBegley wrote: Its all about the music and tracks have an intelligent edge that you really don't find with other genres.

Anyway before I write a short story, Ill call it a day and see you all around ! :)
well that intelligent edge all depends on which type of techno you listen to though, unfortunately.

and that ain't no short story, you should see some of my novels...

in any case : welcome, and don't tell others about this place, make 'em discover by themselves.
I have a feeling too much active publicity could really kill this place in the future.
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

flp wrote:Hello
olla

Ttinga
Normality Restored

Post by Ttinga »

Kano wrote:Hey Guys,

New to Subsekt, hoping I can learn some tips and tricks in here, from you veterans! I use Ableton for production and host a Podcast called DSK Radio. I mostly listen to Black Asteriod, Marco Bailey, pfirter, Drumcell, Jeff Mills and Yuuki Sakai kinda stuff. Also other music of course. I'm from Toronto, Canada and it's fucking cold out!
Welcome Dennis. Stay warm:).

Jelani
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Jelani »

Wassup, I'm Jelani from LA. I'm working on a techno EP now, but I want to know what else is being made out there. Some of my favorite artists are Robert Hood, Deetron, Levon Vincent, & Carl Craig.

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Jelani wrote:Wassup, I'm Jelani from LA. I'm working on a techno EP now, but I want to know what else is being made out there. Some of my favorite artists are Robert Hood, Deetron, Levon Vincent, & Carl Craig.

Welcome to the rabbit hole.........

Subconcious
broke

Post by Subconcious »

Hello,

my name is Vince, 28yo and I live in Belgium.
I'm a music lover since the very first moment I remember, got into electronic music through my father's vinyl collection (hip-hip, funk, soul, disco but also kraftwerk and lots of jeff mills or spacy techno) and started DJ'ing 12years ago. I spent lots of time practicing and experimenting with DJ'ing which gave me a clear direction after many years of where I wanted to go, I started producing later on, about two and a half years ago. I am the kind of guy who spends hours experimenting and researching things myself rather then asking, If there is 1 thing I learned it is that you have to LISTEN very carefully, the ears are the most powerful tool for fixing issues IMO and yeah experiment, fail, experiment again,... eventually you will develop your own unique routines.
Anyways, I've been reading on this forum since a year now, trying to get through all of the important topics before starting to interact with you guys, it got me to know the hardcore members here and have some of them on my FB, all I can say is that I love the way everyone is treated with respect on this forum and in the end, we're all doing the same and trying to help each other. Big ups for the creators of this forum. I am looking forward to chat with all of you and I am ready to (hopefully) give my 2 cents.

Cheers ;)

Ow and btw : I KNOW my username is spelled wrong.. my bad :)

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Subconcious wrote:Hello,

my name is Vince, 28yo and I live in Belgium.
I'm a music lover since the very first moment I remember, got into electronic music through my father's vinyl collection (hip-hip, funk, soul, disco but also kraftwerk and lots of jeff mills or spacy techno) and started DJ'ing 12years ago. I spent lots of time practicing and experimenting with DJ'ing which gave me a clear direction after many years of where I wanted to go, I started producing later on, about two and a half years ago. I am the kind of guy who spends hours experimenting and researching things myself rather then asking, If there is 1 thing I learned it is that you have to LISTEN very carefully, the ears are the most powerful tool for fixing issues IMO and yeah experiment, fail, experiment again,... eventually you will develop your own unique routines.
Anyways, I've been reading on this forum since a year now, trying to get through all of the important topics before starting to interact with you guys, it got me to know the hardcore members here and have some of them on my FB, all I can say is that I love the way everyone is treated with respect on this forum and in the end, we're all doing the same and trying to help each other. Big ups for the creators of this forum. I am looking forward to chat with all of you and I am ready to (hopefully) give my 2 cents.

Cheers ;)

Ow and btw : I KNOW my username is spelled wrong.. my bad :)
Not another verdomme Belgie.............

:D

Subconcious
broke

Post by Subconcious »

jordanneke wrote:
Subconcious wrote:

Hehe, what can I say :)

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

vince is ok. he's chill,
he told me on FB he won't even mind the greasegun without the vaseline !

I'm sure Pedro will be happy to know :D

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

jordanneke wrote:

ja 't begint hier vol te lopen met Belgen verdomme.

new entrance test for all Belgians (other cunts are not man enough) : drink 7 rochefort 10's and try programming the sound of the greasegun plopping out of Take That's boys asses.
All you get is a sine wave though, that should be more than enough. :mrgreen:

Subconcious
broke

Post by Subconcious »

Hades wrote:
jordanneke wrote:

new entrance test for all Belgians (other cunts are not man enough) : drink 7 rochefort 10's and try programming the sound of the greasegun plopping out of Take That's boys asses.

Hahahahaa that's a real test if you ask me. I just spent the whole day and night reading and listening here again, full of ideas.
Now for some rest, can't wait for studio time

Cheers guys, and thanks for welcoming

Patriek
Mititei

Post by Patriek »

Welcome to all the new faces. But more important...what grease gun and why didn't i know about this :(
Don't try for perfect, it's never enough
https://hearthis.at/patriek/
http://www.soundcloud.com/patriek

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

to summarize :
Steve was gonna do some wild techno act which meant one of those boys bands (can't remember for the love of god which one though) strapped to a stage that could turn 360 degrees,
and a greasegun regularly inserted into their a-holes.
completely in sync with his beats they would pe plopping out chunks of grease onto the crowd.

"plop plop, plop music !
talk about... tudu-duuh-duuh
plop music !"

you get the idea. :D

it's sold out already though.

Jos
middot

Post by Jos »

Hades wrote:
jordanneke wrote:

Zich overdreven volgieten met ons fantastisch levensvocht is eerder iets wat ik de Engelsen zie doen ;-)

Subconcious
broke

Post by Subconcious »

Patriek wrote:Welcome to all the new faces. But more important...what grease gun and why didn't i know about this :(
Thanks Patriek ;)

Subconcious
broke

Post by Subconcious »

Jos wrote:
Hades wrote:
jordanneke wrote:

Zich overdreven volgieten met ons fantastisch levensvocht is eerder iets wat ik de Engelsen zie doen ;-)
Also from Ghent I see :)

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Jos wrote:
Hades wrote:
jordanneke wrote:

1e keer dat ik ooit Rochefort dronk was een jaar of 7 terug.
ik bel een kameraad op, en die blijkt in de Ardennen te zitten "kom toch af"
dus ikke 15 boemeltreinen nemen om in het boeregat te raken waar hij zit,
ganse namiddag op terras gezeten in het zonnetje, en hij stelt me voor om eens "Rochefort" te proberen ("je zal dat wel lekker vinden")
5 rochefort 8's en daarna 2 rochefort 10's,
daarna nog een fikse wandeling en een fles rode wijn tijdens een spelletje petanque op het perron van het lokale stationnetje,
daarna nog een klein uurtje een berg opwandelen om onze slaapplek te bereiken...
Niet ziek geworden (klein mirakel, neen, groots mirakel), maar man man man, wat een nadorst de ganse nacht !!
Wel gigantisch gelachen, dat wel.
NOOIT meer dan 2 à maximum 3 rocheforts drinken !
En ik ben genetisch gezien dan nog 50% West-vleterenaar van bloed.

you can all go google translate on that shit :D

flp
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by flp »

Hades wrote:
flp wrote:Hello
olla

Hola :)

So... Latin american intruder here who doesn't really make techno nor lives in B or D. :shock:
Just a guy whose main activity day in and out is fiddling with knobs, faders, keys and mouse clicks. Ex DJ, not interested in releasing any of my music and looking for jobs in anything non music related.