TRACK

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
Alume
Confetti
TRACK

Post by Alume »

Hey guys, Let me know what you think

I'm not done with arrangement and stuff but I just wanted some feedback before I finish it.

https://soundcloud.com/alume-music/clip-3/s-42ven

yan6
Chernobyl
Re: TRACK

Post by yan6 »

Dude that is effin fresh!

I played it on my studio monitors (Roland DS-8), my hifi (Martin logan, ESL's) and my headphones (ATH-M50). I found on both my studio monitors and my hifi that with exception to the ahhh voice a lot of the atmosphere was lost in the mix. There was a much greater sense of depth in the headphones.

Really cool though, I hope to see it finished soon!

Ttinga
Normality Restored

Post by Ttinga »

Nice sound but I'm not a huge fan of all the 16th notes, especially with the kick drum.

willemb
Mild

Post by willemb »

I have to concur with Ttinga, I think some space in between the kicks (or the use of a heavy kick and a faster ghost kick) would do the track good.

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

You guys are probably right, writing music have been shitty the last couple of days.

Thanks everyone. Ill work on it

krypt
Smore

Post by krypt »

i like it, but i'd say it is only partially-done. you have huge space in the upper mix, i mean there's a lod of space for mid and high frequencies. you could build some nice layers there, or just make louder what's there already.

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Yeah mate, the kicks are a bit like a wall of unflinching/ non-dynamic sound.

If you could bring some changes in there, like spiting the kick into two tracks, maybe have on of the tracks (maybe the off beat or something) fade in, then perhaps?

The atmospheres are awesome. Did you make them using what you described in the drone thread?

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

jordanneke wrote:Yeah mate, the kicks are a bit like a wall of unflinching/ non-dynamic sound.

If you could bring some changes in there, like spiting the kick into two tracks, maybe have on of the tracks (maybe the off beat or something) fade in, then perhaps?

The atmospheres are awesome. Did you make them using what you described in the drone thread?

The drones are heavy processed field recs. Im going to leave this project for a while. not feeling it any more.

Thanks for all the relies though