Recommend me some cool FX plug-ins !!!!

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
Hepta
I Love YOU!!!
Re: Recommend me some cool FX plug-ins !!!!

Post by Hepta »

ICN wrote:
Hepta wrote:I bought this ring modulator a couple of weeks ago. I love it. Perfect if you want to really fuck shit up.

https://www.ohmforce.com/ViewProduct.do?p=Hematohm
Cheers! Will demo that.
Hope you enjoy mate! :)

serial
rescued

Post by serial »

here is some of FX in my arsenal ^^

Sadko
quasi-public

Post by Sadko »

serial wrote:here is some of FX in my arsenal ^^

Just got hysteresis the other day. Such a cool little plugin i could click that random button all day long.

nomadjames
mummy!!

Post by nomadjames »

I'm on Hysterisis when I get home! Thanks!
www.soundcloud.com/nomadjames

"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over." - Hunter S. Thompson

www.nomadjames.com

Pittsburgh Ableton
www.facebook.com/groups/558333351022659

delve
Jan : )

Post by delve »

Concrete fx have made some really cool free vst stuff. I'll add more later today. After I finish with work and return home.
Oink Oink

KlockerBen
crud

Post by KlockerBen »

The sigmund delay plug-in is really cool. The plugin actually exists out of 4 delays which you then can combine all together. When your playing around with it, it can really change up the sound a lot. And also good presets to begin with.
http://www.d16.pl/sigmund

tuuluuwag
Unfriended

Post by tuuluuwag »

hot damn.. thanks for the Glitch info. i've messed about with something they produced a while back.. but never spent enough time to understand the potential. Hysteresis is a free DL?
make. shit. happen.

delve
Jan : )

Post by delve »

vst 4 free has lots of good oldie plugins that are all free...
Oink Oink

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

KlockerBen wrote:The sigmund delay plug-in is really cool. The plugin actually exists out of 4 delays which you then can combine all together. When your playing around with it, it can really change up the sound a lot. And also good presets to begin with.
Sigmund is one of the best delays i know but it is one hell of a cpu hog. Unusable for me in projects.
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

KlockerBen
crud

Post by KlockerBen »

True story, also using it only for 2-4 channels in one project and mostly on the most important elements of the track.

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

Anyone demo'ed Kaleidoscope by 2CAudio yet? It looks lovely for ambience and drones. A bit pricey though...

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

Oooooooh Planar, thanks for mention this. This looks like something cool. Will try the demo and pull the trigger if it's dope.
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

I've been messing around with it and the presets are superb, it uses up some serious CPU however. The demo is fairly generous, so I'm going to keep playing with it and see if I can wrap my head around it before the introductory price offer ends.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Mono-xID wrote:
KlockerBen wrote:The sigmund delay plug-in is really cool. The plugin actually exists out of 4 delays which you then can combine all together. When your playing around with it, it can really change up the sound a lot. And also good presets to begin with.
Sigmund is one of the best delays i know but it is one hell of a cpu hog. Unusable for me in projects.
I love Sigmund, use it tons of times.
And yes, even though the presets are great, I almost always end up changing them, since you never know where you end up with, which is what I love most about it.

I was pretty pissed off with D16 though a couple of months ago when they changed versions of Sigmund and I installed the new version.
Live doesn't recognize it anymore, so basically, if I want to change all the clips and tracks where I used Sigmund,
I gotta re-install the old versions, record the audio, then re-install the new version.
And seriously, I have FAR better things to waste my time with. :evil:
I discussed the item with D16, and though thye were very friendly and fast in their response, that still sucks balls.
They should have warned people about this possible issue before they send around mails saying this upgrade is a final new version.
And no, you can't have both versions installed either... :evil:

I never had this problem with any of my SW, and I expected better from D16.

and about the CPU : you just need a better system.
Seriously, ever since I got a new laptop now over a year ago, I never had problems.
Sure, it's still one of the bigger CPU eaters, but once you get a faster system, you can run multiple instances of it without any problem.
And I use it on 2 laptops : one being the highest model MBP they had back then (and which stays in the studio for the 1st few years, it was just too damn expensive)
and the other being the lowest model MBP they had a few months back.
It runs fine on both systems.
Only issue I have with it is the massive screen. If you use it on a 13" screen, it takes up almost your entire screen...
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Planar wrote:Anyone demo'ed Kaleidoscope by 2CAudio yet? It looks lovely for ambience and drones. A bit pricey though...
FUCK MEEE !!!! :shock:

I was just gonna quote you planar cause I wanted to say I solved my problem with my K5000r, so I was ready to record a demo for you.
I was afraid my macro control box for it had died,
then I switched the batteries, still nothing, but I saw the battery light blinking so I knew it probably still worked.
the MIDI in of my K5000r also worked fine.
Then I swapped MIDI cables, and apparantly the box made 2 MIDI cables die when its batteries went dead.
I have no idea why, I just know it works fine now, and some day I gotta restrap a whole lot of things to hide the 2 new cables out of sight.
Definitely not gonna do that stupid shit today though.

Anyways, I was gonna record that demo. Now I'm listening to the demo of that plugin, and WOOOOWW !!!
Sounds very additive btw !! :mrgreen:
Chances are big now all I'm gonna do is d/l that demo and go into sound design bliss for the rest of the day..

It's totally your fault of course... :D

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

indeed pricey, but if it can do what it says, then I'm all over this when my next paycheck comes in !

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

there you have it :
Summing them together at different frequencies and time varying amounts can effectively model anything and everything via a special form of additive synthesis
I thought so as soon as I heard that first track.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

fucking love additive.
when done well, it offers always evolving sounds you can almost never get bored with,
and it gives you all the benefits of well done airy digital pads and textures : they're usually very easy to blend into a mix since they don't take up your whole frequency spectrum.

and by the looks of it, this plugin makes an extensive job very easy.
off to try it out now...

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

It's a weird kinda of mixture of additive & physical modelling. I had a lot of fun with it last night, but I was only messing with the presets. I need to dive into the manual and learn how to drive it properly, but it's looking like something I'll be buying. I listened to some of the ambiance presets for about 10 minutes each, they're just lush and because it's an effect it's sound changes depending on what you use as the input.

I've got a few free hours in the house today, so I'm going to play with it some more.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Planar wrote:It's a weird kinda of mixture of additive & physical modelling. I had a lot of fun with it last night, but I was only messing with the presets. I need to dive into the manual and learn how to drive it properly, but it's looking like something I'll be buying. I listened to some of the ambiance presets for about 10 minutes each, they're just lush and because it's an effect it's sound changes depending on what you use as the input.

I've got a few free hours in the house today, so I'm going to play with it some more.
just had a first 10 minutes of fun with it.

Mono, I don't think your system is gonna be able to handle this one if you're already having problems with Sigmund.
It's definitely big on CPU !
They warn you for this on their page : some of the presets only take up a little CPU, some take up lots of CPU.
It makes total sense thinking about how much modulation needs to be calculated.
Some of the presets took up 5%, others took up 20% or more, with just running this and nothing else.

Also, very much more annoyingly : it made my Apogee Ensemble crash all the time.
It would handle the 5 to 15% presets fine, but as soon as I came across big CPU presets (20% or upwards) it would give constant cracks.
If I tried to get better results by changing the sample rate in the preferences, my Apogee would completely crash if I changed the sample rate to 256 instead of the 512 I normally use.
And if I changed it to higher sample rates than 512, I'd just get more cracks.
And it was obvious it was this plugin, cause if I would switch it off, Live's test tone would play fine,
then if I would switch it on again, Live's test tone would be all crackles.

Fucking Apogee.
My ensemble worked perfect, untill Mac ditched FW and then the trouble started with the FW => Thunderbolt convertor piece...
Thank god it's only small problems usually, but yeah, a plugin like this would give me lots of irritating moments.
I mean, it's not like my system can't handle it (come on now, 20% CPU ?? I should be fine !!!). Nope, it's my soundcard that can't handle it.

The plugin's great, seriously, but better have a proper new maxed out system, and a decently running soundcard,
or chances are big you're gonna have trouble.

On the bright side though : my Apogee frustration might leave me with some time to record that K5000 demo for you Planar.