bitwig

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
nocernoc
unsure
bitwig

Post by nocernoc »

http://www.bitwig.com/en/bitwig-studio/features.html

anybody tried this. i'm tempted to check it out but simply don't have the time...

Mono-xID
Uumfääng
Re: bitwig

Post by Mono-xID »

clit lick...shit prick...tit trick...dick stick...bitwig is the same thing ableton...with darker GUI...
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

penumbra
Poo Fingers

Post by penumbra »

Mono-xID wrote:clit lick...shit prick...tit trick...dick stick...bitwig is the same thing ableton...with darker GUI...
it's funny that you say all that... cuz I call it "Clit-twig" :lol:

but either way... it's like a cheaper version of Live in a way... but I think it will soon be worthwhile competitor...
because a track with a kick on every quarter is completely different than verb bass... the former is creative... latter is not.

ozias_leduc
ANAL

Post by ozias_leduc »

i've been playing with the demo a bit. just to make ableton jealous.

to be honest i'd probably jump ship if the APC40 integration was a bit better, and if it could host AU plugins.

ableton has been crashing it's arse off lately, which is giving me the absolute shits. having each plugin in a separate process would be a fucking god send.

penumbra
Poo Fingers

Post by penumbra »

totally with you on the Ableton crash issue... Mine crashes literally every session.

I definitely see myself using Clit-twig in future... but AU's?.. yeah, for sure!!

plus they have a problem where Bitwig can't recognize Sonalksis plugins.. which, for me, Bitwig's "Utility"-style plugin just doesn't cut-it for me... it doesn't have everything that Live's Utility plugin does... which is a must, so that's why I could really get some use of Sonalksis Stereo Tool... but not if it doesn't show up... wonder if that's fixed for v1.1
because a track with a kick on every quarter is completely different than verb bass... the former is creative... latter is not.

Hepta
I Love YOU!!!

Post by Hepta »

penumbra wrote:totally with you on the Ableton crash issue... Mine crashes literally every session
Crack much? :P

ozias_leduc
ANAL

Post by ozias_leduc »

unless you're making a smoking-crack-session joke , i will add that i personally have ZERO pirated plugins on my imac. all 100% legit! and i still get , like penumbra, at least 1 crash per session.

fuck, last night i thought "ooh shit, haven't saved for a while now, better save before it crashes" . and it crashed WHEN i saved! ie , it didn't even create the new file i wanted to save as (i never save over the top of an old session, i make a new als file) , it just crashed instead.

THANKS ABLETON.

i feel like maybe it's been crashing more since i've started using a few u-he plugins (satin and bazille), but i'm not 100% sure.

either way, it's making me feel a bit crazy.

AxeD
durchfall

Post by AxeD »

I barely have any legally obtained plugins and none of my DAWs ever crash.
I use three different ones (4 if you count Maschine). Live is not one of them though.

penumbra
Poo Fingers

Post by penumbra »

BOOM!!

so take that Hepta!!!

haaaaaa!!! :D

Hey damsterdam? seen Softube's TSAR or Summit Audio stuff in "Crack land"?

Hepta
I Love YOU!!!

Post by Hepta »

ozias_leduc wrote:i will add that i personally have ZERO pirated plugins on my imac. all 100% legit! and i still get , like penumbra, at least 1 crash per session.
Thats fucked up. If what your saying is true than the problem should be somewhere else. Try collect all your important projects and make a fresh install of everything. Format your Mac perhaps. It shouldn't crash every session.

I'm 100% legit and nothing ever crashes on normal usage. It did crash once though because of a ridiculous effect chain i did through a couple of aux sends all feeding back to each other etc.
penumbra wrote:BOOM!!

so take that Hepta!!!

haaaaaa!!! :D

Hey damsterdam? seen Softube's TSAR or Summit Audio stuff in "Crack land"?
What is there to take penumbra? I support the people who worked hard for developing my DAW and all the VST's I use almost everyday.

Fucking parasites.

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

I'm not finding Ableton unstable. The only recent crash I can recall was when I tested Replika out, otherwise it's been fairly solid. I'm using a lot of vsts, including u-he, and have no problems but I really do hope they implement plugin sand boxing soon. I'm on Windows saying all that, so maybe it's more prevalent on macs?

penumbra
Poo Fingers

Post by penumbra »

Hepta wrote:
Fucking parasites.

take what?

a mouthful of dick... you know why?

because I have a computer with no pirated software... THATS FUCKIN WHY!
and clearly so does someone else...
yet, we have had problems wit Live...

So basically, it appears that you are the kind of person, that makes ASSUMPTIONS, prior to having any real evidence. Then, you automatically judge, GUILTY.

that's the mentality of third world, authoritarian nonsense mate.

Have you ever seen a film, or read a novel which describes a group of villagers that carry on like that shit?..
You ever notice how the screenwriters / authors portray these characters as assholes?

and then, you have the nerve to call me a fuckin parasite?

Listen, I fully understand your frustration. The idea that people like me, you, and Oziad work hard everyday to legitimately own our plugins... I get it.

Me on the other hand?.. I could care less about piracy anymore... I have more important thing which pertain to my life to worry about.

Plus... of course, I look like the idiot right?.. because I pay for software?

NOPE!! It's not like that at all... I'm better off owning them.

Because I can turn-on my computer, and run my DAW with a clear conscience.

Perhaps many with cracked plugins do not care... but hey, I'm glad I have a conscience...

Happy Holidays champ!

Hepta
I Love YOU!!!

Post by Hepta »

Look mate, I was just cracking wise with the crack joke. It happens over at the Ableton forum as well. You just seemed to have taken it quite personally with your other reply.

penumbra
Poo Fingers

Post by penumbra »

Hepta wrote:Look mate, I was just cracking wise with the crack joke. It happens over at the Ableton forum as well. You just seemed to have taken it quite personally with your other reply.

WHOA! :?

my bad completely... :oops:

the "fucking parasites" got me I think...

With all these webforums, there's really only one way to convey non-verbal cues... and that's wit' the Smilies...

I didn't see any, so I mistook that for serious.

sorry hepta... really sorry about that.

Hepta
I Love YOU!!!

Post by Hepta »

Bad terminology I guess. It was only partially pointed to you (because you did ask AxeD for advice on cracking Softube VST's) but also to people in general.

I think it's quite disrespectful to the developers when you use their software cracked. For me, asking for help, with cracked software, especially on your DAW's forum or your VST's forum is like asking the car mechanic to fix your stolen car. Cliché analogy I know hehe.

Some VST's are developed by small companies/only a few people and they need our support. Especially if if your passionated about making music.

I must admit though that when I first started music production. I think 3 years ago. I pirated Ableton, Reason and FL for trying purposes (I think most people do). I couldn't decide which DAW to dedicate to as a total newcomer. Sure I could spend money and buy a DAW right away, and sell it on KVR if I regretted my decision. But at that time I didn't even know you could sell your software 2nd hand. This probably makes me look like just another hypocrite. But I don't care. Just being honest here.

Anyway to get back on topic:
Planar wrote:I'm not finding Ableton unstable. The only recent crash I can recall was when I tested Replika out, otherwise it's been fairly solid. I'm using a lot of vsts, including u-he, and have no problems but I really do hope they implement plugin sand boxing soon. I'm on Windows saying all that, so maybe it's more prevalent on macs?
I hope they do to. It's probably the best feature with Bitwig.

penumbra
Poo Fingers

Post by penumbra »

@hepta...

okay... EVEN bigger misunderstanding between us..

I own Softube's TSAR and Summit EQ100.

My comment to the other guy had nothing to do with, "how do i crack them."

Just as you, in earlier days I had some warez. Back then, the entire Softube collection was available (and still is I'm sure). But it was the Softube line pre: TSAR, Summit Audio, and a couple others.... so in "Crackland," there is no TSAR or Summit EQ.

I had some issues with those 2 plugins in Ableton... and I figured that Axed (if he knows all about warez) would know that my issue could not be with pirated software...

Maybe i post screenshots of my iLok account.

On to the topic at hand... Sandboxing in Bitwig?.. The best!!

saminedia
slipper

Post by saminedia »

The sand boxing is essential because when you transfer tracks between projects it crashes frequently.

Hedges
Chernobyl

Post by Hedges »

penumbra wrote:
Hepta wrote:
Fucking parasites.

take what?

a mouthful of dick... you know why?

that's the mentality of third world, authoritarian
Ho ho ho that escalated quickly. Such fighting talk.

shadders
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by shadders »

Spent a day bitwigging yesterday to see what all the fuss is about. It's missing a few things I like in Ableton but there's plenty to make up for it. Modulators that you can attach to any knob on any device *drool*. Can't count how many times I've wished for that in Ableton. And opening multiple projects in tabs. I had hoped this feature would make it a viable platform for playing live (in the way that ableton isn't unless you're playing a pre-planned set) but alas you can only enable the audio engine on one project at a time. But for exploring old tracks and finding that sound that you vaguely remember that might work well with you current track :D No need to trawl through old tracks and dump everything into the user library hoping it will sound the way you think it will when you finally open the current project and try it out.

I think version 2 will be a cracker. They've got a freshly architected code base to work with so they'll be able to progress a lot faster than Ableton developers will. 10 year old code is hard to work with.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

shadders wrote: Can't count how many times I've wished for that in Ableton.
Has been available in ableton for as long as max for live has.
Now comes with ableton live suite as standard.
LFO tool can modulate any parameter of anything.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.