Evolution UC-33e

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
aliasweber
Unartful
Evolution UC-33e

Post by aliasweber »

Hi everybody,

I have the opportunity to buy a UC-33e for a fair price. I think I'll go for it, but since this forum is my go-to on everything production related I thought I'd just check what your experiences are with this unit, if someone's ever owned one.

Thanks in advance for any input!

-aw

Hepta
I Love YOU!!!
Re: Evolution UC-33e

Post by Hepta »

Do you have any midi-controller today?

mainst09
Traits

Post by mainst09 »

aliasweber wrote:Hi everybody,

I have the opportunity to buy a UC-33e for a fair price. I think I'll go for it, but since this forum is my go-to on everything production related I thought I'd just check what your experiences are with this unit, if someone's ever owned one.

Thanks in advance for any input!

-aw

I own one. i love it.
Voices From Cindy's Cunt

aliasweber
Unartful

Post by aliasweber »

Hepta wrote:Do you have any midi-controller today?
i have a korg 37-key controller, the one with mini-keys. i've been using an iPad from time to time to trigger clips in live, but that's pretty much it. this one I would ideally use to control levels etc when making tracks, map it to devices in live and vst/au units etc. i was thinking of using it in combination with either touchable or the Lemur app, with the latter triggering clips, when arranging.

there is apparently also a UC-33, which came before the UC-33e. does anybody know what the difference between them is?

thanks for the replies.

-aw

Hepta
I Love YOU!!!

Post by Hepta »

Okay mate! I think you could benefit much from it in that case. I'd say go for it if you got yourself a sweet deal. :)

I read over at Ableton's forum that the only difference between them is the firmware. UC-33e comes with the latest update straight out of the box. But you can always download the latest firmware for the UC-33. They are the same hardware wise. But do your own research online before you buy, I could be wrong. I don't own any of them myself. But I heard they are good midi-controllers. :)

skim
broke

Post by skim »

I have one. It's old. The pots are starting to get a life of their own. I think you would be much safer spending just a little bit more and getting Launch Control XL.

Patriek
Mititei

Post by Patriek »

Got an UC33e for ages now, couldn't live without it (sort of) :)
Don't try for perfect, it's never enough
https://hearthis.at/patriek/
http://www.soundcloud.com/patriek

Amba
Mingler

Post by Amba »

Have never owned a UC33e, but the Launch Control XL is definitely a great one too.

Patriek
Mititei

Post by Patriek »

Seems i am a bit behind on the controllers, the Launch Control XL looks very nice indeed. Somehow the screenshots i have seen it looks a bit 'plastic' to me, but a launcher, faders and knobs all in 1 = win :)
Don't try for perfect, it's never enough
https://hearthis.at/patriek/
http://www.soundcloud.com/patriek

Amba
Mingler

Post by Amba »

Personally the quality and feel of controller is really nice, smooth and the knobs feel robust. And at the same time it is very light, great for transport and stuff.

aliasweber
Unartful

Post by aliasweber »

Turned out it was a uc-33, but the price was good so I went for it. Thanks for all the input!