Getting into a different headspace

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
tsurani
non reader
Getting into a different headspace

Post by tsurani »

I guess something like this has been discussed already, but I couldn't think of what to put into the search. So if you could link me to it that would be great.

I was wondering what things people have done specifically for creating. I imagine lots have taken various substances or gone straight into the studio from the club etc.
Appart from that I have tried a few different things, some obvious like going to an art gallery and then going straight into the studio.
When I had a laptop I tried going to different places like the forrest or the beach etc. at different times of day/night and working.
I have left the studio up and running, gone to bed and set my alarm for an hour just to see what I would come up with in that half awake state.
What have you guys tried and how did you get on

breakz
Onions
Re: Getting into a different headspace

Post by breakz »

I just try to have fun in the studio !!! I listen to music,mainly techno,I get inspired and when I feel cool with my self I start playing with my machines.

if you are not having fun in the studio I think you are doing something wrong,that's rule No1.

Contort
athlete

Post by Contort »

Caffeine, weed and making music after going to a club are the only 3 that do anything for my creativity.

tsurani
non reader

Post by tsurani »

breakz wrote:I just try to have fun in the studio !!! I listen to music,mainly techno,I get inspired and when I feel cool with my self I start playing with my machines.

if you are not having fun in the studio I think you are doing something wrong,that's rule No1.
I have fun otherwise I wouldn't do it. I just think it is interesting and sometimes fun to try new/different things.

Alert
brown envelope

Post by Alert »

this can help alter your vibration into more of a dreamlike state (for free, and without substances)

youtu.be/v07WGwid3tk

there is a series of these, each one in a different key

CountingToes
fancy woman

Post by CountingToes »

www.soundtracks.cc

this site throws my creativity all over the place, try it out, its a lot of fun

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

I get ideas.. possibly could be classed as inspiration by listening to other music..

Sometimes your ear catches onto an interesting part, rhythm or melody & you can imagine it in another context. I like sounds.. so usually I'll get 'creative' and try & recreate something or work out a technique. Thats my fun.

Any type of music, so long as it has some kind of quality that I can enjoy. Doesnt even have to be music. I recorded the beep off the Hob in the kitchen in work the other night. Sounded cool.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Salvia, heroin, some axle grease and Russian krokodil whores go shit eating in Azerbaijan part 3
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

mainst09
Traits

Post by mainst09 »

Lost to the Void wrote:Salvia, heroin, some axle grease and Russian krokodil whores go shit eating in Azerbaijan part 3

8-)
Voices From Cindy's Cunt

surface
Balance

Post by surface »

Lost to the Void wrote:Salvia, heroin, some axle grease and Russian krokodil whores go shit eating in Azerbaijan part 3
Can't seem to find that film on netflix :(

skim
broke

Post by skim »

Three pills a day will keep the boredom away.