Low price analogue mono synths

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
Mono-xID
Uumfääng
Re: Low price analogue mono synths

Post by Mono-xID »

Awww, so you can't take it when someone pokes fun back at you? Just don't take yourself (and Len) too serious. ;)

I was not judging you nor did i insult you (you took my ''balls on the table'' comment as an insult? :lol: ). YOU were the one which said all these synths are toys, and that is simply not true.

Yeah my tracks are crap, and now? I never claimed they are groundbreaking stuff.
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

Wiu
Slowy J

Post by Wiu »

johannes heil wrote:why don't you save money for some time to get a real synth?
this macrobrute and nanoballs stuff sucks...
sounds like toys!

want BIG? GET A MFB DOMINION 1 MULTIPLY AND BE HAPPY
A very strange reply. Good thing some of the originators of Techno/House and electronic music in general didn't think that way otherwise we might not of had Acid House while they saved up for the best equipment of the day. I wonder where electronic music would be now with that line of thinking?

As for the original question, I have a Minibrute and it's great! The filter is great for running external sources through too.
Thank you for the laughs, debate, new music found, production tips etc etc over the years. I wish Subsekt and everyone all the best for the future. Wiu.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Meeeeeeeeeeoooooooow!!
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

johannes heil wrote:i see and hear that all the time, people have no patience,
people want everything right now.

they want a girlfriend without investing love,
they want nice food without investing money
and they want to create big sounding tunes
without investing any of it.

that will simply not work!

now, I don't want to intrude into this gentlemens love affair here, ;)
but I have to admit Johannes has a point with the above.
Being a semi-dinosaur myself, I remembered that back when I bought my first synth all I could find was a used workstation with only GM sounds, and I had to pay 1500€ for it in '94 or something.
It totally sucked balls, but it was all I could find at the time, when internet was as rare as a hipster punk.

I'm the first to admit the amount of gear in my studio is inversely proportional to my talent as a producer, :oops:
but whenever I have people ask me how the fuck I got all the money to pay for this I just can't help but wonder what others seem to spend their money on, cause I'm in the 2nd lowest category of paychecks according to the Belgian tax system.
People never think twice about spending 300 or 400€ or even more on a phone, which they might upgrade 2 years later if even that.
Or they buy several pairs of jeans for 100€ or more a few times a year.
Or they want an expensive holiday in the summer and going skiing around X-mas.
Hell, I once heard a young guy (18) say he didn't want anything else as a 1st car than a BMW.

I can't help but thinking : sure guys, go ahead, but our economy is precisely designed so that we (= talking about most of us in the Western world, obviously things are rather different in other parts of the world) have just enough to live in moderate comfort, but are still forced to work our asses off as slaves to our capitalistic economy so we are able to keep our head above the water.
Yet our western world is constantly working on making us all believe we NEED this or we NEED that,
so in the end so many people believe we MUST have all of this and that and everything else, all in order to be "happy",
so many of us borrow money to buy stuff we don't need just to impress our neighbours with (or dudes on a forum, who knows ?). It has become totally ridiculous.

Anyway, I'm rambling (again, as always :oops: ),
I'm just trying to say : I think most of us here can save up say 500 to 700€ if we really wanted to, to buy whatever great (mono or poly) synth we wanted.
Do we need such an expensive synth ? hell no !
Would it be better than a cheaper synth ? probably yes.
But in the end it's still the one that handles the synth and makes the music that makes the synth shine or not.
In any case : I firmly believe that most people who complain about not having enough money are not prioritizing their expenses enough.
You can't have it all. If music is where your heart is at, just cut down on other expenses and you'd be amazed at how much money you can save for buying gear.
Not saying that will make you a better musician, but you'll sure enough have better gear.

Now I'll let you 2 carry on in peace. :P ;)
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

ross-alexander
endless

Post by ross-alexander »

I don't know what the arguing is about really the original question was about cheap I guess. The MFB looks lovely but it's not cheap, only reason I chipped in is because I would like a cheap analogue mono synth I can add to my little live rig I'm building that has some good features and is portable. I wouldn't lose any sleep about taking it anywhere either.

I'm lucky at the min if I wanted to spunk a grand on something I could. But having spent so long having absolutely no resources and wondering month to month how I would survive. I'd only ever spend that much on anything if it was absolutely essential to my wants / needs. I think also as an aspiring hobbyist it's ridiculous for me to buy something that expensive really.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

I've got a million quid & I'm not gonna spend it lol

Jokes Ross :)
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

The only possible way to make real art is with the most expensive paint brushes, paints and canvass.
If you do not have this then you will fail.

Punk only existed because all the bands had lots of money so that they could buy the most expensive instruments.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

Lost to the Void wrote:The only possible way to make real art is with the most expensive paint brushes, paints and canvass.
If you do not have this then you will fail.

Punk only existed because all the bands had lots of money so that they could buy the most expensive instruments.

just leave it alone Steve. Techno snobs won't get it anyway.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Every time i get an update from this thread in my email, the iphone screen shortens it to 'low price anal'

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

ICN wrote:'low price anal'
There is a certain club in Berlin where you can get it even for free... :D

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Bumsters!

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Mono-xID wrote:
ICN wrote:'low price anal'
There is a certain club in Berlin where you can get it even for free... :D

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

I remember reading once that one of the famous Berlin clubs used to have a monthly gay night, but I can't remember which one it was.
I can't imagine it was Tresor, but it definitely was one of the famous ones.

surface
Balance

Post by surface »

Wasn't they're a regular night in SO36? Actually, I'm sure most clubs have one...

One night when I was over there, me and a mate headed out for a night.
He was more into indie stuff, live bands and stuff, so I said we'd head for Lido to see what's on.
So we are there, not sure what's on but there's a fairly good queue so we said "fuck it" we'll go in and see. If it's shit, we can go somewhere else.
Got to the door, wallet in hand and the bouncer says we can't come in. I'm like "what the fuck?." We had a few beers beforehand but weren't drunk, no pills, no weed, just regular so there was no reason to not let us in...then I looked back and realised the queue was made up entirely of women!!! Fuck, that was funny shit. We still laugh about it now ..

tsurani
non reader

Post by tsurani »

So do I go for the free anal, or save up and buy a rectum with real pedigree

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

tsurani wrote:So do I go for the free anal, or save up and buy a rectum with real pedigree
there's the one direction grease gun !

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

now that we have finally reached much much more interesting topics than boring synths,

someone with a great sense of humour just posted this on my FB :

hahahaha, priceless, you über-tight purital christians, take this.... :mrgreen:

youtu.be/j8ZF_R_j0OY

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PixelKind
who is it?

Post by PixelKind »

hahahaha. that one is great! aren't those actresses from the big bang theory?

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

hahaha Tom.. Thats gas!

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Pff, and again religion 1, human 0.